Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Dealerships/oil changes in chicago area

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-06 | 04:36 PM
AmooManiaK
Driver

Originally Posted by cip
me, too.. I work in Lisle (88 & Naper) where do you work?
I work in Oakbrook/Westchester. I used to pass that dealership on Ogden coming home all the time.
Old 02-09-06 | 05:44 PM
cip
Pole Position

Originally Posted by koolaidman
i was simply saying go where its closest. going there 1 time is not going to hurt him but hes going to exp it there. if he likes it keep goig there. if he doesnt. dont go there. yes i work at the 1 down town.

all i really know about the naper dealership that its brand spankin new. they have 1 air lines per tech. a computer per tech. wws on tap, oil on tap,

and i wouldnt buy a lexus from naper. jus cuz i work at mcgrath. id get a better deal here than anywhere else
you're right, it doesn't hurt to go there once to see how they'll treat him. After I rec'd bad service from them I still gave them a 2nd chance for my business by going to them inquiring on a couple SC's before buying from Sharon @ your dealership. It's just that I feel it's my duty to warn other members about multple experiences, whether positive or negative with a shop, ebay user, sales, parts, anything.

So thanks for the feedback BTW do you do side work?? My car seems little 'jiggly' at times and I'm wondering if it's the trans mount and/or some worn out bushings.
Old 02-09-06 | 05:49 PM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Does anyone have anything to say about Woodfield Lexus? The previous two owners of my LS have taken the car there for all it's service... in fact I have a lengthy printout of all the service that has been performed - it was a huge plus in the purchase.

Woodfield Lexus is about 1/2 mile from my wife's office so it would be easy to take it there.

I noticed the oil change interval on the car is 5000 miles according to the sticker they put on (not sure if that's typical either)

Highland Park Lexus is closer to my office so that would be a possible choice also....

Any feedback would be great. So far I haven't needed to visit the dealership for anything..

Thanks......
Old 02-09-06 | 07:50 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MadMax96
Does anyone have anything to say about Woodfield Lexus? The previous two owners of my LS have taken the car there for all it's service... in fact I have a lengthy printout of all the service that has been performed - it was a huge plus in the purchase.

Woodfield Lexus is about 1/2 mile from my wife's office so it would be easy to take it there.

I noticed the oil change interval on the car is 5000 miles according to the sticker they put on (not sure if that's typical either)

Highland Park Lexus is closer to my office so that would be a possible choice also....

Any feedback would be great. So far I haven't needed to visit the dealership for anything..

Thanks......
the thing about woodfield is when i tried to get a car there(the new is250) for my dad to see if they would budge on the price. i told him is250 manual, with nav. i told them that another place said they would give it to me for 33000 out the door. then he called me a lair. then 3 days later i went there. showed him what we got it for and told him look what u missed out. showed him what we got it for and left. needless to say the sales men was a lil bit of a *****. but dont let that be the judge of it. their cs might be good. i dont knwo. all i know about woodfield is that they dont have many techs and half the shop is not beeing used
Old 02-10-06 | 09:08 AM
cip
Pole Position

I agree. Woodfield = NO (they have same high volume / salesy tacktics as Naperville IMO

Highland Park, Bredemann (Glenview), Arlington, McGrath (Chicago /Westmont) = YES
Old 02-10-06 | 09:57 AM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate
CL Folding 3M

Watch out for what oil filter is being put on your car. I know for the SC400 there are 2 a cheap paper filter one and a nice sponge filter one, i cant remember the p/n but i have it written down somewhere, ill post it as soon as i find it.
Old 02-10-06 | 10:40 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the heads up guys. But just because the sales staff might be turds (most are) doesn't mean the service techs are incompetent.

When it comes time for the oil change - I might give them a shot... if they leave me with a bad impression then I'll go elsewhere.
Old 02-10-06 | 01:07 PM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate
CL Folding 3M

heres some pics
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/par...ter/index.html
Old 02-26-06 | 05:44 PM
amul
Rookie

Originally Posted by aliti19
I'm pretty sure Toyota can hangle anything - especially if you have a 300. I only go there for the oil change though. I have an actual Lexus tech (friend) do all my other maintenance on the side.

I had my timing belt and waterpump replaced at Schaumburg Toyota. I'm sure all Toyota dealerships will do an oil change
Old 02-27-06 | 07:16 AM
AmooManiaK
Driver

Originally Posted by amul
I had my timing belt and waterpump replaced at Schaumburg Toyota. I'm sure all Toyota dealerships will do an oil change
How much did you pay for the timing belt and water pump?