Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Dealerships/oil changes in chicago area

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-06, 03:10 PM
AmooManiaK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships/oil changes in chicago area

Hey guys, which dealership do you guys recommend in the west suburbs to get your oil changed? When I had the 540i, I used to do it myself, but it seems like Lexus/Toyota dealerships don't charge nearly as much as BMW dealerships did. So how much is an average oil change and what are some good dealerships around here (Naperville area)

Thanks!
Old 02-08-06, 02:35 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Try posting this in the local Chicago forum as well. The Lexus dealers charge between $45-55. If you're going for just an oil change, i suggest a Toyota dealer. They charge $27.95 (V8) and prob $24.95 for a 300.
Old 02-08-06, 06:14 AM
AmooManiaK
Driver

Originally Posted by aliti19
Try posting this in the local Chicago forum as well. The Lexus dealers charge between $45-55. If you're going for just an oil change, i suggest a Toyota dealer. They charge $27.95 (V8) and prob $24.95 for a 300.
Sorry and thanks, I didn't know about the chicago forum. So can I do any type of maintnance at the toyota dealership?
Old 02-08-06, 10:08 AM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AmooManiaK
Hey guys, which dealership do you guys recommend in the west suburbs to get your oil changed? When I had the 540i, I used to do it myself, but it seems like Lexus/Toyota dealerships don't charge nearly as much as BMW dealerships did. So how much is an average oil change and what are some good dealerships around here (Naperville area)

Thanks!
naperville lexus. would probably be ur best bet. and closest. ive seen the naperville shop. absolytly amazing shop i wish mine had all that stuff they have
Old 02-08-06, 10:54 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

I third the Naperville Lexus on Ogden
Great dealership
Old 02-08-06, 11:54 AM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Elmhurst toyota is a reputable and fair shop. Might be too far for you though.
Old 02-08-06, 01:24 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry and thanks, I didn't know about the chicago forum. So can I do any type of maintnance at the toyota dealership?
I'm pretty sure Toyota can hangle anything - especially if you have a 300. I only go there for the oil change though. I have an actual Lexus tech (friend) do all my other maintenance on the side.
Old 02-08-06, 01:59 PM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

I'm pretty sure Toyota can hangle anything - especially if you have a 300. I only go there for the oil change though. I have an actual Lexus tech (friend) do all my other maintenance on the side.
Your friend doesnt happen to take on side work by any chance??
Old 02-08-06, 05:52 PM
AmooManiaK
Driver

I actually got the 400. I'm nearing 90K miles, does your friend do any side work?
Old 02-08-06, 07:43 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

I actually got the 400. I'm nearing 90K miles, does your friend do any side work?
Yup - all the time. He does my dad's LS & my sis's ES too. PM me if you need any more info. I'm up in the north burbs.
Old 02-08-06, 08:46 PM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

Im going to need timing belt and water pump done, ive been looking for someone who does side work and knows lexus.
Old 02-09-06, 11:15 AM
cip
Pole Position

I would discourage going to Naperville. I've had negative results from them both in sales & service. I also had 3 other people have negative comments about them. Most of the negatives stem from not buying your car there...I don't know why that is, I've not experienced that with any other dealership. WIthout a doubt the best dealership is Bredemann in Glenview..but I go to McGrath in Westmont. I'm west 'burbs (Eola/Ogden) as well & it's worth driving the extra 10 miles to Westmont (also on Ogden).

Koolaidman..you work for McGrath on Division, right? I know Naperville facility is awesome being that it's brand new, but truly it seems like if you have not purchased your car from them they don't want you!

Btw..for oil changes I would suggest Merlin's on Eola & New York. There's no need to go to the dealer for that.
Old 02-09-06, 12:00 PM
AmooManiaK
Driver

Cool, I work about 5-10 minutes away from the one on Ogden.

Originally Posted by cip
I would discourage going to Naperville. I've had negative results from them both in sales & service. I also had 3 other people have negative comments about them. Most of the negatives stem from not buying your car there...I don't know why that is, I've not experienced that with any other dealership. WIthout a doubt the best dealership is Bredemann in Glenview..but I go to McGrath in Westmont. I'm west 'burbs (Eola/Ogden) as well & it's worth driving the extra 10 miles to Westmont (also on Ogden).

Koolaidman..you work for McGrath on Division, right? I know Naperville facility is awesome being that it's brand new, but truly it seems like if you have not purchased your car from them they don't want you!

Btw..for oil changes I would suggest Merlin's on Eola & New York. There's no need to go to the dealer for that.
Old 02-09-06, 12:54 PM
cip
Pole Position

me, too.. I work in Lisle (88 & Naper) where do you work?

Last edited by cip; 02-09-06 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-09-06, 03:01 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cip
Koolaidman..you work for McGrath on Division, right? I know Naperville facility is awesome being that it's brand new, but truly it seems like if you have not purchased your car from them they don't want you!dealer for that.
i was simply saying go where its closest. going there 1 time is not going to hurt him but hes going to exp it there. if he likes it keep goig there. if he doesnt. dont go there. yes i work at the 1 down town.

all i really know about the naper dealership that its brand spankin new. they have 1 air lines per tech. a computer per tech. wws on tap, oil on tap,

and i wouldnt buy a lexus from naper. jus cuz i work at mcgrath. id get a better deal here than anywhere else

Quick Reply: Dealerships/oil changes in chicago area