Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

For all you highway speeders....

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-06, 06:49 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive heard rumors of them using the IPASS systems to catch speeders. by measuring how long it took you to get from one to the next and using that to find out your avg. mph.
Old 05-26-06, 07:36 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vApor21
ive heard rumors of them using the IPASS systems to catch speeders. by measuring how long it took you to get from one to the next and using that to find out your avg. mph.
On a day they would do that everyone would ditch their i-pass. I doubt they are doing this now.

Chris
Old 05-26-06, 11:17 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vApor21
Not true. I think the tollway people start rumors like this so they can scare everyone.
Old 05-26-06, 12:46 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Was passing through and thought I'd share.

We have EZPass here on the East Coast and to go from North/South you take the NJ Turnpike (18 Exits, 100 miles long), I received a letter from EZpass one day that went something like:

The NJ Port Authority appreciates your patronage of our highways and turnpikes. However, please slow down and drive the speed limit as we have noted your EZ pass as entering Exit 1 at 2:00am and exiting Exit 12 at 2:45

So I wouldn't count it out completely (I use cash now btw)
Old 05-26-06, 04:59 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally Posted by oohpapi44

We have EZPass here on the East Coast and to go from North/South you take the NJ Turnpike (18 Exits, 100 miles long), I received a letter from EZpass one day that went something like:

The NJ Port Authority appreciates your patronage of our highways and turnpikes. However, please slow down and drive the speed limit as we have noted your EZ pass as entering Exit 1 at 2:00am and exiting Exit 12 at 2:45

When I read the news these days I am increasingly comparing America to **** Germany and this poem comes to mind:

First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left
to speak up for me.

What's going to happen when they arrest and only people with machine-like (mistake/freedom free) personalities are left.

Chris
Old 05-26-06, 06:51 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

On the Florida Turnpike between Orlando and Yehaw Junction, I got nailed by a FHP Camaro, The times between the original time/ticket/pass thing and when I got off to pay, was way to close. The toll booth guy got on the phone in front of me and called the trooper that was sitting there. Pulling me over after getting out of the tollbooth, gave me a $240.00 ticket, saying pay it or come back to fight it. I now fly to my parents place in Vero!! This was in my highly modded 3000GT VR4. I think at one point I was up over 145mph....cruising! Very stupid on my part, I deserved all I payed!
Old 05-26-06, 07:44 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldark
Are you crazy driving around here with the traction control off? That's dangerous.
Old 06-02-06, 08:03 AM
2Lexos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one time on my way to bandcamp......i was on some turnpike going to philly and it was posted somewhere that if your times are to fast you will get fined. it was a bit interesting seeing how i already had to pay $12 just to be on that rode and now i had to go slow as hell.

on a lighter note.........since the road construction workers are on strike, is it ok to speed throught the 45 mph zones now? nobody is there working......so no danger is present, you think this agruement will work on a copper?
Old 06-02-06, 11:22 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2Lexos
on a lighter note.........since the road construction workers are on strike, is it ok to speed throught the 45 mph zones now? nobody is there working......so no danger is present, you think this agruement will work on a copper?
Riiight, all this does is give more room for the cops to hide in the work zones.
Old 06-02-06, 11:35 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally Posted by aliti19
Riiight, all this does is give more room for the cops to hide in the work zones.
Lets all move to Canada. We can still keep the name CLC... it will be Canadian Lexus Club... or Calgary Lexus Club. I like Calgary. Banff is awesome.

Chris
Old 06-02-06, 12:21 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
Banff is awesome.

Chris
Yea it is! To this day, it's one of the most beautiful places i've ever been too.

When i'm in Toronto & Montreal, the cops are pretty brutal. I'm not sure about central and west Canada though.
Old 06-02-06, 07:51 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm not sure about central and west Canada though.
Very mellow people on the west side. Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver.....All Awesome!!!

Except if you bring in potato's from America....They freak out about that.

Who the hell wants to go to Montreal!!!

I was there for a hockey game once and they "boooed During the entire US National Anthem.
Old 06-03-06, 10:57 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post