Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Good audio shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-06, 05:22 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good audio shop

As we all know we dont trust our cars with just anyone as far as maintainence and Im not about to be carefree with my audio system install . Any good shops ? I can trust my car with Showtime Audio I ve known the owner since 1998 and he did my old acccord sweet but now that he has done Twistas H2 and has show cars all the time I cant get those hook ups anymore he now wants a hefty premium for his work .I have a 94 gs3 and im looking to get my equipment put in soon .
Old 05-28-06, 10:37 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by smuv gs3
As we all know we dont trust our cars with just anyone as far as maintainence and Im not about to be carefree with my audio system install . Any good shops ? I can trust my car with Showtime Audio I ve known the owner since 1998 and he did my old acccord sweet but now that he has done Twistas H2 and has show cars all the time I cant get those hook ups anymore he now wants a hefty premium for his work .I have a 94 gs3 and im looking to get my equipment put in soon .
Twistas H2? You talking about Sam up in Mundelein that had the 2 Maximas?
Old 05-28-06, 04:49 PM
cjones2402
Driver School Candidate

Default How ironic.....

im looking for a good shop in the area also..im in Gary,In..but its still called chicago land..lol..i need a good spot that can hook up my back deck for me..i install myself(use to work at a "chain" electronic stop that installed audio..so im good on that part..i just need some1 who can hook /build me a sealed box so that my sub is in the stock location or even better i want to do 3 subs on my back deck..something like this....ohh i have a 94 GS3..im not trying to get it to sound like my Tahoe..just want good clean sound...
Attached Thumbnails Good audio shop-what-i-want.jpg  
Old 05-28-06, 09:08 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aliti19
Twistas H2? You talking about Sam up in Mundelein that had the 2 Maximas?
Well I dont know about Sam but Twistas H2 was done by a lame shop called Car Candy( HACK ARTIST NO LONGER IN BUSINESS ) and was featured in Car Audio and electronic then my buddy Jerry at Showtime Audio.net
totally glassed and motorized it up for him,check out their webpage, but enough of that our cars are not installer friendly as we all know and it is not about whose guy is the best it is about who can do it right .I think we all can benefit from helpful info from fellow L-brothers
Old 06-16-06, 10:24 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

anyone know any reputable audio shops in the NW suburbs?

so far i have these in mind:

tweeter on golf/meacham
ABT on milwalkee
Old 06-17-06, 10:54 AM
hashs99
Driver

Originally Posted by vApor21
anyone know any reputable audio shops in the NW suburbs?

so far i have these in mind:

tweeter on golf/meacham
ABT on milwalkee
Sound Experience
Old 06-30-06, 12:58 AM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Abt has a couple MCAP something-ma-jigger certified guys. I used to work there and would always shoot the poop with some of the audio guys. They def can hurt your pockets but do a GREAT job. Most of the Bull's Bears and other fellow celebs get their cars done there. ProSounds does alot of work but dont know of their quality. I would go with ABT. Very reputable place. Been in business for 246 years. Ok maybe not that long, I think a good 60 years or so.
Old 06-30-06, 08:25 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DzaztrBUSE
Abt has a couple MCAP something-ma-jigger certified guys. I used to work there and would always shoot the poop with some of the audio guys. They def can hurt your pockets but do a GREAT job. Most of the Bull's Bears and other fellow celebs get their cars done there. ProSounds does alot of work but dont know of their quality. I would go with ABT. Very reputable place. Been in business for 246 years. Ok maybe not that long, I think a good 60 years or so.
Thanks got it done at Unitek in Lansing Il and it sounds sweet and smooth ,ABT is a very good shop indeed and they do primo work, Prosounds is hot garbage they are over priced and the quality is so-so . Uniteks number is (708)895-4390 and their address is17111 s. Torrence Ave , Lansing IL.
Old 07-06-06, 05:42 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Sound Decision