Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

steering rack rebuilds

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-06, 07:10 PM
mobilyte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default steering rack rebuilds

anybody know where i can get my steering rack rebuilt locally? all my searching resulted in only finding chicago power steering co., and they told me they dont do rebuilds anymore when i called them.

i'd like to do a full flush of my brakes while it's still warm out, where can i find some of that ate super blue brake fluid?
Old 09-08-06, 09:25 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by migirdech
anybody know where i can get my steering rack rebuilt locally? all my searching resulted in only finding chicago power steering co., and they told me they dont do rebuilds anymore when i called them.

i'd like to do a full flush of my brakes while it's still warm out, where can i find some of that ate super blue brake fluid?
For the S2000 Club, I get ATE Super Blue and Racing Super Gold brake fluid for a very GREAT price. I give it to local S2000 owners at cost (fluid and shipping costs). I can be influenced to do the same for the Chicago local Lexus owners group as well. BTW, I don't own a shop, partner with a shop, profit, or shill for anyone in particular. I am VERY active with the local S2K community (and have been for the past 6 years), and just pass on deals that I get through the relationships I've made to the community.

I can't help with suggestions for the steering rack though, sorry.
Old 09-09-06, 11:00 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My neighborhood Lexus dealer, Naperville Lexus, was able to locate 3 rebuilt racks in the area and even get me a good deal several months back when my rack blew.

On the brake front I switched to ATE superblue and will be switching back to the Motul RBF600 I was running previously. The ATE seems better than "stock" but I still notice a difference between the ATE and Motul.

YMMV
Old 09-09-06, 07:54 PM
mobilyte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the reason i'm looking for the ate blue is so that i can completely flush my brake/abs/trac systems and be confident that all the old fluid is out.

i can find plenty of racks from various rebuilders all over the net, but i would prefer to keep my own core and just have the contamination that has clogged the control valve and solenoid cleared out.