Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Anyone up for a local meet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-06 | 09:41 PM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

Urmil, do you realize that that's Vik from Eurotek?

Originally Posted by Luder94
Tom,

How about we cancel for tonight and save the "meet festivities" for this Saturday? Seeing that there aren't too many people that can make it tonight.

I'm surprised that quite a few of you are coming out Saturday, and looking forward to meeting you guys in person.

VikDiddy,

Were interested in coming out for Saturday's meet? I wasn't sure what you meant by your post.
Old 10-07-06 | 06:34 AM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RyanDe680
Urmil, do you realize that that's Vik from Eurotek?
Yes I did....and, is there any bearing to what I responded with? I don't know, am I missing something here?
Old 10-07-06 | 08:52 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
CL Folding 25,000

Hey man, thanks for having us out. Its great to see all sorts of little cars I can't fit in.
Old 10-07-06 | 09:55 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by neuro4you@
Hey man, thanks for having us out. Its great to see all sorts of little cars I can't fit in.
That's great for the little people like me....we fit into small cars like the S2000's and into big cars like Lexuses (Lexi???),
Old 10-07-06 | 10:59 PM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah thanks for having us out Urmil....some of those S2000's were pretty sweet! How was the drive?
Old 10-08-06 | 12:27 AM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Last person just left about 10 minutes ago.....just finished brining everything back into the house, and fire pit is smoldering.

Thank you all that came and contributed to the Fall UBAB 2006 with your time, presence, and donations.

Of last count, there were 96 burgers eaten, 48 hotdogs devoured, 24 sausages stuffed, 48 Coronas slammed, and 120 sodas downed. I hope everyone got their fill and enjoyed themselves; I certainly did on both counts.

Oh yeah, there was one speeding ticket and plenty of ice cream eaten.

Hope to see you all at the next meets in the upcoming future or in pictures.

Again, thanks for coming and making this UBAB as enjoyable as it was!!!

Link to thread with pics (and yes, Honda photographer has some love for Lexus...take a look):

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=428729
Old 10-08-06 | 08:01 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

What a good time 2 bad more people can't make it out
Old 10-08-06 | 08:57 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Urmil,

Thanks for having us. I really enjoyed your hospitality. We should organize something like that again soon. The trip to Geneva sounds like fun. Too bad I didn't stay.

Chris
Old 10-08-06 | 03:03 PM
amul
Rookie

Great time guys!

After seeing those two lexus' in person, I may have cought the mod bug.

Both cars look and sound extremely nice, but I have to say I'm biased towards Chitwn silver since I can see what the potential of what can be done to mine.....
Old 10-08-06 | 05:21 PM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Oh yeah Urmil, I forgot to mention...thanks for the chat on some of your experience with detailing products. I have honestly never heard of Z one; I even looked it up in the detailing forum....hmmmmm something new to try

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pol...ts&pollid=1195
Old 10-09-06 | 07:00 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

It was good to finally meet some of you. Hopefully next time around we can get a bigger showing of Lexus folk. Those GS' were sweet.
Old 10-09-06 | 07:01 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Hey cHiTwNGS43, where can I get that tail light tint? Do they come in different shades of tint?
Old 10-09-06 | 08:00 AM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cHiTwNGS43
Oh yeah Urmil, I forgot to mention...thanks for the chat on some of your experience with detailing products. I have honestly never heard of Z one; I even looked it up in the detailing forum....hmmmmm something new to try

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pol...ts&pollid=1195
Here's the USA site for the 1Z (Einszett) product that I use.
http://www.1z-usa.com/sys-tmpl/homepage/

However, I take a lot of faith into what a friend of mine recommends as far as product goes (he's the one that owns Detailer's Paradise in Denver, CO that I was telling you about). He no longer carries the 1Z product. He stocks P21s, Klasse, and Prima.

He (Nick) really believes in his "Prima" line. After testing it on the Lexus's rear bumper yesterday, I'm becoming a believer. I still like my 1Z and will give the Lexus a go with that, but the Prima polish and wax is looking like it is much easier to work on and into the paint surface than almost anything I've tried before.

In anycase, if you have any question, look him up at www.detailersparadise.com. You can either give him a call or drop him a message from the site. If you (or anyone else here) end up shopping from his site, make sure you tell him that Urmil sent you. It's typically good for either some percentage off, or a bevy of free product for you to sample.

Also, he's got some damn good pricing on Porter Cable polishers and pads!
Old 10-09-06 | 08:10 AM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
Urmil,

Thanks for having us. I really enjoyed your hospitality. We should organize something like that again soon. The trip to Geneva sounds like fun. Too bad I didn't stay.

Chris
Not a problem!!! I just wished all of you Lexus guys would stop with the "girlfriend" stuff and get with the "marriage" program! Trust me...the wives can't keep you out of the house long enough (unless there's work to be done). There was a reason the Fall 2006 UBAB went until 2AM....all the married schmucks didn't want to go home...and the wives didn't care (my wife didn't care, as long as we kept it outside). Marriage is really a wonderful thing.

If I had $20 for all the Lexus owners that had to leave early because of "girlfriend" issues, I'd be $120 richer

It was definitely great putting faces with names, and seeing the cars in person. Bill...you definitely have one of the finest GS's I've seen to date (whatever ChitwnGS43 is doing to your paint, keep letting him do it!!!).

Also, from the stories I've heard, Chris has a very fast SC. There was a lot of talk about the 'scary fast' rides that were given out. We may start seeing more S2000 owners getting into Lexus's now. BTW, as far as I know, there are three of us (Amul, Tcho, and me). Anyone else?
Old 10-09-06 | 08:11 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tcho82
Hey cHiTwNGS43, where can I get that tail light tint? Do they come in different shades of tint?
I bought it from stickercity.com. It comes in two shades: light and dark. Mine was light. They sell custom kits for cars and bulk sheets. I definatly reccomend using a heat gun and lots of patience. I saw some threads where members painted their tailights...no way! This stuff is pretty thick and peels off with some effort leaving some mild residue that can be cleaned with soap/water. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Steve

Quick Reply: Anyone up for a local meet?