Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

HIN: Chicago 2007

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-07 | 12:30 AM
Carollo
Rookie

Default HIN: Chicago 2007

I was just curious if anyone is going? its on March 31st. I know there are some sick looking and performing Lexus' on here. me and my team, LTS Tunerz, are going to be in it. I'm gonna have much more work by then. I'm getting a carbon fiber hood and carbon fiber trunk by then, and a few other things. But, I figured I'd ask and see if anyone is planning on it.

-Evan
Old 02-09-07 | 07:37 AM
Luder94
Lead Lap

F--k no.

March 31st, who is Vision Ent. kidding. They did the same thing last year...they had the show just after Winter.

Everyone that has a show-worthy car keeps it clean and detailed, only to put it out on the street to get it to the show. Keep in mind, the street is still dirty with salt, rain is highly possible (at any moment), and then to have to go on and pay for extra utilities at such gouging prices (electricity, corner spot, out of the back-hall area, etc.).

I've been doing these mega-shows for quite some time now (a bit over 5 years)....they have been getting worse and worse every year.

With that stated, I will be doing their summer show called NightShift. I thought that was a very respectable event (it was more than just a car show last year).

I'm hoping beyond hope that TCL makes a strong come-back and brings back the "Beyond the Limit" show...it was a show for the tuners, by the tuners.
Old 02-09-07 | 07:40 AM
Luder94
Lead Lap

By the way, for the past two years, there have been local car-guys that have been gathering together for the sake of the "anti-HIN" meet.

If I remember correctly, last year's gathering had over 75 nicely done cars (that weren't over the top show cars) that had a great mix of street class styling, and go fast parts that are used (not just polished up to show the owner dropped cash for it).

If it keeps up, maybe the gathering can turn into a SoCal type of garage show (a la JDM Theory, Eibach meet, etc.).
Old 02-09-07 | 10:21 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Yeah, I remember the early days. I think they are getting worse every year. Now they bring these shows to Chicago during winters. If they could only do a few good ones during summer it would be much better.
Old 02-09-07 | 12:20 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

so is anyone going?
Old 02-09-07 | 05:39 PM
Carollo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Luder94
By the way, for the past two years, there have been local car-guys that have been gathering together for the sake of the "anti-HIN" meet.

If I remember correctly, last year's gathering had over 75 nicely done cars (that weren't over the top show cars) that had a great mix of street class styling, and go fast parts that are used (not just polished up to show the owner dropped cash for it).

If it keeps up, maybe the gathering can turn into a SoCal type of garage show (a la JDM Theory, Eibach meet, etc.).
^^ thats actually pretty cool. I'd be up to going to that. I'm sure i can get a bunch of guys from my team too.

But, I know wha u mean about having a show in March. see, my car is my daily driver also...til I move up more in the dealership. so, I just take all the aftermarket stuff of when winter hits, and when spring comes back, i put it back on. i know, its a pain in the ***...but I've been wanting to go to shows for awhile. and I'm finally startin to get a steady paycheck coming in. but...i plan on going to as many shows as i can this year.

And just so everyone knows...since Toyota of Naperville is sponsoring LTS Tunerz, I'm trying to get a car show for Lexus, Toyota and Scion vehicles at the dealership, sponsoring my team there. So, keep an eye open for it. I'll keep people posted about it.

-Evan
Old 02-10-07 | 10:20 PM
Lupin5
Driver

I'm down with Luder, I've been doing this since the first show back in 96 (@ Yahoan) and the shows back then IMO were much better. I dont mind going to HIN (if I get in FREE ) and looking around, but to enter my own car....NA!
Old 02-11-07 | 02:13 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

so me and a couple guys are planning on coming up to HIN this year and we want to know if anybody is having a get together that we could meet up at if anybody is planning on meeting up before hand and going in?
Old 02-11-07 | 09:12 PM
Carollo
Rookie

are u showing or just watching?

-Evan
Old 02-11-07 | 09:59 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

we are gonna head up just to watch the show and hang out-
Old 02-12-07 | 06:01 AM
Carollo
Rookie

i see...well, be sure to look for a few Corolla's and LTS Tunerz

-Evan
Old 02-25-07 | 08:28 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

i will probably be there, i will probably be hanging out at topspeed's booth
Old 03-03-07 | 06:45 PM
DryBlaze
Lexus Test Driver

I'll most likely be there since some of my supra buddys are in the show.
Old 03-03-07 | 07:46 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

not goin, least not this one. HIN:Nightshift i will be, and with the ticket prices and parking i just show the car.

least this way i get 1 free ticket.
car is safe.
i can keep random things in the trunk if need be.
with tints, if totally necassary, a place to sleep lol.
Old 03-03-07 | 08:07 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I wish you all will have fun there!

The HIN in NorCal will take place in San Mateo (15 miles south of San Francisco) next weekend.

Quick Reply: HIN: Chicago 2007