Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Lexus Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-07, 06:53 AM
allklr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should try Rita @ McGrath Lexus, Just got my 2nd and 3rd cars from her. I thought the Sales people @ Woodfield Lexus were the worst I ever dealt with in terms of class, IMO they should not be selling luxury cars.
Old 06-17-07, 02:17 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by nn432100
so I went to woodfield and we came an agreement of 31,200 for a 07 is250 rwd premium package. nothing fancy just your basic model. Good deal?
Not bad...Did you try any of the other dealerships...they'll all be pretty close in price...

Originally Posted by allklr
I thought the Sales people @ Woodfield Lexus were the worst I ever dealt with in terms of class, IMO they should not be selling luxury cars.
Class???? What is your definition of class?
Whenever I go in there, they treat me like a person...one time I was just handed the keys to a GS430, and was just told to not get a ticket...no licence...no pressure...That sold me on the people there.
Old 06-18-07, 09:13 AM
allklr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by neurocity
Class???? What is your definition of class?
Whenever I go in there, they treat me like a person...one time I was just handed the keys to a GS430, and was just told to not get a ticket...no licence...no pressure...That sold me on the people there.
I went to check out an RX that my wife was going to be trading hers in for, After I picked it out I told him my wife would be there in an hour so he could look at her trade, I even called him when she was 10 minutes out. He was with another customer at the time and let my wife and 6 yr old son wait over an hour until he was available. Most high end car dealers will get someone else to help if your salesperson is busy.

Class is getting a Salesperson to answer the phone, I called last Thursday to find out if they had the car I wanted and was bounced back to the receptionist 3 times. When someone answered they had no idea of what options were even on the LS. I could pay a monkey to hand out keys for a test drive, It's the service after that counts. I closed the deal on 2 cars @ McGrath this last Friday in under 2 hours. The majority of the time was for them to detail the cars and go over the features.
Old 06-18-07, 10:02 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by allklr
I went to check out an RX that my wife was going to be trading hers in for, After I picked it out I told him my wife would be there in an hour so he could look at her trade, I even called him when she was 10 minutes out. He was with another customer at the time and let my wife and 6 yr old son wait over an hour until he was available. Most high end car dealers will get someone else to help if your salesperson is busy.
Salespeople do not do the trade in estimates...its the Used car manager, most of the time they only have one per dealership.
That sucks they kinda hosed you like that...I walk in, and they're cooking me breakfast. The parts guy cut my ebay blank key's for free, I guess I've had great luck.
Old 06-18-07, 10:32 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

I think age is a huge factor in how you get treated at the dealerships. I went into Naperville last week with one of my friends to check out a IS250 for him...no one would even come up to us...pretty sad. The funny thing is whenever I bring my car in...everyone all of a sudden wants to talk. I had the same experience at Woodfield except it was probably even worse....the guy just walked away from me The dealership I felt welcome at (and actually bought my car from) was Bredemann.

I guess I would pose the same stereotype if I was a salesman...but you can't judge someones financial status by their age. I also think you can't judge a dealership based on a few bad apples either....its a better question to ask not "Where to buy a car from," but instead "Who to buy a car from." Just my two cents...
Old 06-18-07, 11:48 AM
allklr
Pole Position

I know age and what your driving has a lot to do with it, I had a 2002 Dodge Intrepid that I was trading in and it's funny how I got treated when I would drive that into a dealership instead of my S-Class. I'm 31 but am told I look younger than my age so maybe these people thought I was wasting their time.
Old 06-18-07, 11:55 AM
allklr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by neurocity
That sucks they kinda hosed you like that...I walk in, and they're cooking me breakfast. The parts guy cut my ebay blank key's for free, I guess I've had great luck.
Like any business is all about relationships, I was probably treated better @ McGrath since I purchased from them before and someone I went to High School with works there. At least they have proven to you they care about your business. I was told that Woodfield was#1 for Lexus in sales last year beating out McGrath so they must have some people doing something right.
Old 07-10-07, 12:26 PM
devanaire0
Driver

So which is it, Woodfield or Bredemann?

I am looking to get a new car this month...around July 21st, and I live in Milwaukee. Woodfield is farther away from me than Bredemann, but I am willing to make the trip. It's all matter of treating me (a 23yr old recent college grad) with respect...and a good price.

Who should I ask for?
-----

I say this because I have already got scammed out of a great price by Lexus of North Shore, here in Milwaukee.
Old 07-10-07, 03:51 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't really comment on the new car sales, as I got my IS350 preowned, but Bredemann's service was top notch for me. They really bent over backward to fix all of my rattles etc. I did have a good experience at Woodfield Lexus as well when I was shopping around. Although they only had one IS350 at the time and it was on the showroom floor, so they offered to let me test drive a 250.

Either way if you feel you don't like the way one salesman is treating you, ask to talk to the manager and talk to another salesman. There is no harm in doing that. Also its a known fact in sales that certains types of salesman just click better with certain types of customers. You have to be a TRULY great salesman to be able to close the deal and build rapport with all types of people.
Old 07-10-07, 04:00 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Plus you can usually get a feeling for a salesman from the getgo. If they don't treat you with respect from the moment you say hello, move on to someone else. The biggest thing I can't stand is when they try to pull all the stupid tricks. This is the last one(no its not you moron, you'd be out of business if it was), someone else is coming to look at it in an hour(that's nice...), we've had a looootttt of callers on this one today. Also having financing before you go in is a huge help. Don't let a finance manager try to pull one on you. That's the worst, especially after you've sat down and decided you want to buy a specific car. It makes it harder to walk at that point.

A funny sales story.

Back when I used to sell Jewelry at a high end store, a co worker looked at some punk looking kids and didn't really acknowledge them or answer their questions politely. She walked away. They still lingered. I approached them professionaly and showed the guy a watch. After about 2 minutes he says. I'll take it and pays for it with $4k in cash. Look on my co-workers face was priceless. The guy looked about 18, but hey never judge a book by its cover.

By buddy also walked out of one MB dealership because they wouldn't even give him the time of day. Walked into the one in the next town over and bought an SL500. He was 25 at the time btw.
Old 07-10-07, 04:02 PM
gnm313
Driver

Originally Posted by devanaire0
So which is it, Woodfield or Bredemann?

I am looking to get a new car this month...around July 21st, and I live in Milwaukee. Woodfield is farther away from me than Bredemann, but I am willing to make the trip. It's all matter of treating me (a 23yr old recent college grad) with respect...and a good price.

Who should I ask for?
-----

I say this because I have already got scammed out of a great price by Lexus of North Shore, here in Milwaukee.
I guess the question is where will you service your car? Bredemann will give you lifetime car washes and breakfast on Saturday in addition to the selling and service experience bar none. You have to see this dealer to believe it. Nice selection too. Can't say enough good things, but they stick to their guns on pricing to pay for it all. I dickered with them, but almost had to get on my knees to get a discount that I was comfortable with. Most of their clientelle are very well off. This place is in the heart of the North Shore, so if you don't buy it at their price, somebody probably will. You may have better luck at the end of the model year, but I can't speak from experience.

If you are never going to use them for service, I am not sure it makes sense to look at either place. I can't believe you will want to drive over an hour for service. If you are going to use your local dealer for service then I would shop around for price and drive a little bit if you have to.
Old 07-10-07, 07:05 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

If you are going to go for service at Bredemann, I got hooked on Lox and Bagels because of them.... I miss not having my free breakfast on Sat. Mornings.... =(

They do a good job at cleaning your car to. Vacuum, Windows, and tire dressing. Not to mention they actually wipe down the trunk. Its not just a run of the mill car wash.
Old 07-10-07, 07:19 PM
gnm313
Driver

Originally Posted by tcho82
If you are going to go for service at Bredemann, I got hooked on Lox and Bagels because of them.... I miss not having my free breakfast on Sat. Mornings.... =(

They do a good job at cleaning your car to. Vacuum, Windows, and tire dressing. Not to mention they actually wipe down the trunk. Its not just a run of the mill car wash.

It's consistently the best car wash I have ever gotten. Not sure how they do it.
Old 07-10-07, 10:43 PM
devanaire0
Driver

I won't be going out there for service...too long of a drive. I just want to go to get the best price for a car.

Question: This may be a dumb one, but, aren't you able to get your car serviced at any lexus dealer near you, regardless of where you buy it from?
Old 07-11-07, 05:12 AM
URDONE
Lexus Test Driver

You can go to any Lexus dealer to get serviced at. You can get some free carwashes and snacks only at the dealer you purchased your car at.

I am going to give another vote to Bredemann and Highland Park Lexus. My friend got his IS at Bredemann, and I got my GS at Highland Park. Both were very nice and not pushy. We also both hated Woodfield. I thought Woodfield was overpriced and I didnt like the few salesmen we ran into.

Quick Reply: Lexus Dealer