Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Need a BIG favor...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-07, 11:45 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a BIG favor...

Does anyone have access to a police officer, state trooper, sheriff, etc.?

I need a look-up on a license tag off of a car...urgently.

If someone can help, please pm me or call me. Thanks.
Old 11-03-07, 03:28 AM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

Half of my friends are cops and I had to ask one of them once to look up a plate for me after someone got into an accident in front of my house and skidded across my yard and took off, luckily my neighbor got the plates.

What youre asking for may be risky, cops dont like doing that unless theyre doing it for one of their friends, know the situation/reason and know that it wont trace back to them since giving out someones registration info is against their policy.

Hopefully you find someone who's willing to do that for you.
Old 11-03-07, 11:36 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Ok I guess I'll be the first to ask....why? what happened??
Old 11-03-07, 12:25 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Late last night (early this morning), I caught a car slowly and shadily driving up and down my street in odd intervals. The car stopped in front of my driveway, then in front of another home's driveway. I saw this happen with with 5 houses in total from the window I was looking from.

When the car drove off, I went outside with paper, pen, and a camera and hid on the side of the house to try and get the license plate, then jump out taking pictures to scare off the car. The car came back, but I couldn't see the plate from where I was at. I decided to jump out and scare....it was so dark they didn't see me. They drove off slowly.

I ran into the house, grabbed the Lexus keys and jumped into the car to try and find them. I followed them slowly through the neighborhood...they were acting seriously odd. They'd stop in front of a house, scope it out, turn off the car headlights and then move on.

After following them for two streets, I got a little ballsy and pulled up right next to them after they did their little "stop and turn off the headlights" thing.

The two kids in the car had their seats totally reclined. When I looked right into their car, the two jumped up and stared me down. I happened to be on the phone with Algonquin Police at the time letting them know what was going on. The kids saw that I was on the phone and quickly high-tailed it out my neighborhood.

Not more than 5 minutes later, the neighborhood was crawling with officers in their Chargers and on foot.

I'm interested in getting the address to where this car is registered for two reasons.

1). If someone's car is stolen or home is invaded in my neighborhood, I'd like to make sure the cops hae some suspects right off the bat.

2). If I keep seeing this car in the neighborhood, I'd like to make sure my neighbors know the information I have. Also, I've read stories where potential victims have turnd the tables on the thievs. Theives have scoped out tuned Hondas in this fashion. Those owners that were being scoped turned the tables and started scoping the home the car was registered to.

I've 'outed' the plate, description of the car, and the description of the two guys in the car on another site. If anyone here can help, I'll pm them the info.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 11-03-07, 01:22 PM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Luder94
1). If someone's car is stolen or home is invaded in my neighborhood, I'd like to make sure the cops hae some suspects right off the bat.

I'm sure you already gave them the plate number, so they already have it and can run it themselves if need be.
Old 11-03-07, 04:40 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

2). If I keep seeing this car in the neighborhood, I'd like to make sure my neighbors know the information I have. Also, I've read stories where potential victims have turnd the tables on the thievs. Theives have scoped out tuned Hondas in this fashion. Those owners that were being scoped turned the tables and started scoping the home the car was registered to.
With some searching, I got the car's VIN number and the IL title number. I'll find the address from another search utility.
Old 11-03-07, 05:02 PM
BCP43002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they were smart theives, the car is probably stolen.
Old 11-04-07, 03:53 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

If there were any kind of 'smarts' with them, they wouldn't be thieving.
Old 11-04-07, 10:27 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What kind of a car was it? What it black? There was a black car that was egging people's cars in Algonquin.

Chris
Old 11-04-07, 11:16 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Yup...back Mitsubishi Ecclipse with black wheels.

From what info I got after talking to a cop, it was a 1996 Eclipse RS. I got the registration number, title number, title holder's name, and registered address.

They weren't egging houses though.
Old 11-05-07, 09:03 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All you need to do is have another UBAB to get them back over there and then we will reslove the issue our selves
Old 11-05-07, 12:51 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully nothing happens in your neighborhood. Thieves are the scum of the earth.
Old 11-06-07, 06:50 AM
Chris2
Pole Position

Lemme know if you still need this favor.