Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

EVENT: Lexus IS-F Invitational on April 25 in Joliet

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-08, 03:04 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad they are having multiple events, I'll take all I can get.
Old 04-15-08, 09:55 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to the AM session. I'll be there with my 18's though and my old tires so I can burn off the rest of the tread. FYI, the PS2's rears are like $350 each and the fronts are over $300 each also. I don't wanna burn off $1500 dollars worth of tires in one sitting. I hope if we bring our own IS-Fs, we can run until our tires are melted off!
Old 04-23-08, 09:50 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

I'll be there for the morning session, and more than likely the afternoon one too!
Old 04-23-08, 12:30 PM
Ang-IS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be making it for the afternoon session. If I can get out of work early, I will get there sometime in the late am.
Old 04-23-08, 12:41 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ang-IS350
I will be making it for the afternoon session. If I can get out of work early, I will get there sometime in the late am.
Angelo,

There is another event on May 10th and 11th where you can sign up for the Saturday or Sunday session via time slots on the top of this page. Mike and I are going back to back. There is a paid event as well that is more intense. Let me know which one you choose. Both dates take place in Joliet as well. This is an alternative to taking off of work. There is a promotion code for this event as well.

Here it is: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/announcement.php?f=163
Old 04-23-08, 12:49 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GODDAMNIT!! I have to to go UMichi for my gf's graduation.

edit: oh i see that they have other dates too.

edit: Invitation number doesn't work.

Last edited by ChronoJ1; 04-23-08 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-23-08, 01:08 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
GODDAMNIT!! I have to to go UMichi for my gf's graduation.

edit: oh i see that they have other dates too.

edit: Invitation number doesn't work.
Email the poster of that thread and he will get you a new one, the Sunday slots look good for you so no worries. I felt like you for this friday, but with the may events, we are all good.
Old 04-23-08, 03:14 PM
Ang-IS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brian231
Angelo,

There is another event on May 10th and 11th where you can sign up for the Saturday or Sunday session via time slots on the top of this page. Mike and I are going back to back. There is a paid event as well that is more intense. Let me know which one you choose. Both dates take place in Joliet as well. This is an alternative to taking off of work. There is a promotion code for this event as well.

Here it is: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/announcement.php?f=163
I was so excited when I read that there was another date to sign up for. But then I saw the dates!! Unfortunately I am going to be out of town that weekend on vacation. So I am not sure if you guys will feel sorry for me as I will be getting a lot of sun and having fun. But I would be having a lot of fun too on the track with the IS-F.

I was checking out weather.com and noticed that they said it will rain on Friday, April 25th. How is that going to affect us with using the track and driving the cars?
Old 04-23-08, 09:20 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

I hope it doesn't rain... It would suck if it rained. I got my TPMS sensors put on my old 18's and one of the rear tires were damaged and now I have RE050s on the rear. They squeal a lot more. The sportmaxxes just slipped, the RE0505s squeal like pigs.
Old 04-25-08, 03:55 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

See ya'll this morning.
Old 04-25-08, 06:50 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Take some pics boys!! Sad I cant make this but family emergency has come up this week. I am sure you will all have a great time! Weather looks like its going to hold up also!
Old 04-25-08, 10:47 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by passnu2
Take some pics boys!! Sad I cant make this but family emergency has come up this week. I am sure you will all have a great time! Weather looks like its going to hold up also!
Sorry you couldn't make it. It was a lot of fun. Arrived around 8am. Had a nice breakfast and then did about 8 laps on the track in my IS-F.

I didn't do the autocross, I'll do that in the May event. It was a really great event. Lexus did a very good job. James from Woodfield was there along with a bunch of folks from the local Lexus office in Naperville.

I left around 1030 am, got home 15 minutes before it started raining (here in Roselle)

Dave
Old 04-25-08, 12:37 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

It was a fantastic event! Breakfast was very good, the planning was good and the track was good. I ended up taking the GS (gotta sell that bad boy) instead of the IS-F and they still let me out on the track with the IS-Fs. It was fun to see if I could hang with them (instructors were in IS250s for the lead-follow).

It is clear that in the twisties I couldn't keep up with the lighter and more nimble cars but when getting on the brakes and in some of the higher speed sweepers out onto the straight I could hold my own pretty well. It was a blast to take the GS out. Now I need to get my IS-F out there too.

ToothDoc: I hope I didn't hold you up too much. I saw some glimpses of sideways action in the rear view so I know you were pushing too. It would have been fun to have the running order reversed to see just how close I could stick to the tail of an IS-F.

For anyone who has thought about getting out to Autobahn. Go do it! What a blast.

Props to the Lexus Central Office for hosting this special event. I bet it opened a bunch of the BMW guys eyes that this car is the real deal.
Old 04-25-08, 01:47 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
It was a fantastic event! Breakfast was very good, the planning was good and the track was good. I ended up taking the GS (gotta sell that bad boy) instead of the IS-F and they still let me out on the track with the IS-Fs. It was fun to see if I could hang with them (instructors were in IS250s for the lead-follow).

It is clear that in the twisties I couldn't keep up with the lighter and more nimble cars but when getting on the brakes and in some of the higher speed sweepers out onto the straight I could hold my own pretty well. It was a blast to take the GS out. Now I need to get my IS-F out there too.

ToothDoc: I hope I didn't hold you up too much. I saw some glimpses of sideways action in the rear view so I know you were pushing too. It would have been fun to have the running order reversed to see just how close I could stick to the tail of an IS-F.

For anyone who has thought about getting out to Autobahn. Go do it! What a blast.

Props to the Lexus Central Office for hosting this special event. I bet it opened a bunch of the BMW guys eyes that this car is the real deal.
Thanks for posting this event experience. I could not make it today, but I will be at the May 10th Autobahn IS0F event with Passnu2. Can you post pics?
Old 04-25-08, 06:59 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be at the May 11th event at 2:00 PM. Anybody else?

Quick Reply: EVENT: Lexus IS-F Invitational on April 25 in Joliet