Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'
View Poll Results: Should we kill forum.chicagolexusclub.org?
Kill the forums; use clublexus forum as our main forum
34.09%
Let it live even if nobody is using it
65.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Kill the Chicago Lexus Club Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-08, 12:17 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

So kill or no kill? I could switch to this forum:

http://beta.chicagolexusclub.org/forum/
Old 04-21-08, 02:49 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, I like the beta version's format. It's a bit more user friendly than the production version that's in right now.

...and I vote 'Don't kill it!!!'
Old 04-21-08, 03:58 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-24-08, 06:52 PM
Mayur
Driver School Candidate

If you guys want, you can merge into toyota owners of chicago. Its just a very very informal forum for all local toyota folks, started only a few weeks ago and many people already on board and it is active too. No member dues or decals or any other mandatory crap. Pretty much do as you will cept dont be a jackass Only did start it a few weeks ago, once my finals are done, Ill be designing a custom theme for the forums that is more friendlier but most importantly unique to us only lol.
http://toyotaownersofchicago.com

Mayur
Old 04-28-08, 02:40 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Chris....have you been seeing any new activity on the beta forum? Let's get together.
Old 04-28-08, 02:46 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally Posted by Luder94
Chris....have you been seeing any new activity on the beta forum? Let's get together.
Only people roaming the forums. I'll give you a call after I'm off from work.

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 04-28-08 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-10-08, 09:14 AM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chicago LC Newbee

I just discovered the Chicago forum, and I hope it doesn't get killed. Let me know if I can be of any help in any way.
Old 06-09-08, 03:17 PM
DIrEctQL

So should we kill it? A lot of people are signing up but don't post (probably because they figured the forum is dead).
Old 06-13-08, 02:28 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ I would personally like to see this take off. I am more interested in local stuff instead of pushing CL and the vendors in CA and other areas that do nothing for us but sponsor events and stuff for the local CA members!!

We need to find locals who want our business and will give in return. I can imagine how much business I have sent to many of these people and to find out they sponsor the CA members and give them stuff when I put all the work into DIY threads and help out.

The question is how can we build it up? does it need to be specific to Lexus? can we get these Supra guys and others in? We need more diversity and stuff to chat about and keep interest IMO anyway.

Lets make this work out! Im parting ways with my car but plan to stay active with the local section here and not CL.
Old 06-23-08, 05:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,337 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
^^ I would personally like to see this take off. I am more interested in local stuff instead of pushing CL and the vendors in CA and other areas that do nothing for us but sponsor events and stuff for the local CA members!!
If you're pulling together a big and heavily promoted Chicago meet I encourage you to PM the sponsors on Club Lexus to see if they'll give you something as a raffle prize or giveaway. I'd suggest getting it organized and have the beginnings of the meet to show them you'll have a decent turnout first.

I've found that at least 50% of the larger CL forum sponsors I ask will donate something for larger meets that have been organized, and all of them have been outside of CA (in Charlotte, TN, Atlanta, DC, etc). I'll be glad to ask them for you if you'd feel more comfortable with that. Once they commit you just need to make it easy on them to get the stuff to you (plenty of advance notice and reminders every now and then).
Old 07-10-08, 05:39 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
If you're pulling together a big and heavily promoted Chicago meet I encourage you to PM the sponsors on Club Lexus to see if they'll give you something as a raffle prize or giveaway. I'd suggest getting it organized and have the beginnings of the meet to show them you'll have a decent turnout first.

I've found that at least 50% of the larger CL forum sponsors I ask will donate something for larger meets that have been organized, and all of them have been outside of CA (in Charlotte, TN, Atlanta, DC, etc). I'll be glad to ask them for you if you'd feel more comfortable with that. Once they commit you just need to make it easy on them to get the stuff to you (plenty of advance notice and reminders every now and then).
This would be great and many of the Chicago members have been asking for this but its just never happened from my understanding. Anything you can help out with is greatly appreciated and will draw just that much more local attn from our area!

Thanks Dave

Mike
Old 08-31-08, 07:20 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

did this just die?!?!?!? I never heard anything back and don't see anymore posts
Old 09-02-08, 08:50 AM
DIrEctQL

The forums aren't dead yet. There is a problem with the server but it should be back up this week.
Old 09-19-08, 12:41 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
The forums aren't dead yet. There is a problem with the server but it should be back up this week.
So the forums are back up and yet nobody even noticed. Shoud I kill them?
Old 09-20-08, 06:47 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
So the forums are back up and yet nobody even noticed. Shoud I kill them?
we are back to killing this section now that there is good amount of activity going on?

Quick Reply: Kill the Chicago Lexus Club Forum?