Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

F-Sport Springs and Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-08, 02:46 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question F-Sport Springs and Shocks

Where are you guys getting your F-Sport parts installed?

Since Woodfield Lexus catered our last meet, I decided to call them about ordering the Springs+Shocks. They gave me a competitive price on the parts along with a discounted rate on labor. I will be going in on Tuesday and will post pics with a review of service after all is done.
Old 05-01-08, 04:07 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice! Can't wait to see photos!
Old 05-01-08, 08:47 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please let us know how much it was and if you are happy with the work.

I'm wanting to put the F-Sport springs on my IS.
Old 05-01-08, 09:08 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking forward to seeing them on our car!

We need an IS photo shoot
Old 05-03-08, 09:58 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swell has some great prices on F-SPORT stuff 2
Old 05-03-08, 12:35 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
Very nice! Can't wait to see photos!
Hopefully this rain stops and I can get some good pics in when I get it back.

Originally Posted by oblivionis
Please let us know how much it was and if you are happy with the work.

I'm wanting to put the F-Sport springs on my IS.
I will post prices after it is done. They were able to give me a discount on labor and parts.

Originally Posted by passnu2
Looking forward to seeing them on our car!

We need an IS photo shoot
I need wheels! However, my mod budget is gonna be low after this latest mod. Probably won't get wheels till later on in the year.

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Swell has some great prices on F-SPORT stuff 2
They were able to give me prices very close to what Sewell is charging.
Old 05-03-08, 06:56 PM
highstakes
Pole Position

off topic, but will Woodfield give you a loaner car if you take your car there to install parts (non-service)? I had to wait there for 2 hours for their courtesy ride home (they were the closest Acura dealership to where I live) when I bought my TSX and was getting the suspension installed.
Old 05-04-08, 12:07 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by highstakes
off topic, but will Woodfield give you a loaner car if you take your car there to install parts (non-service)? I had to wait there for 2 hours for their courtesy ride home (they were the closest Acura dealership to where I live) when I bought my TSX and was getting the suspension installed.
Yes, they are giving me a loaner.
Old 05-04-08, 08:35 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by highstakes
They should if you are purchasing OEM stuff and they are getting the labor for it. Probably best to let your service advisor know you will require one to make sure they have a car for you!
Old 05-04-08, 07:09 PM
kf678
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by passnu2
They should if you are purchasing OEM stuff and they are getting the labor for it. Probably best to let your service advisor know you will require one to make sure they have a car for you!
you definitely want to request a loaner when making your appointment at Woodfield. I didn't the last time I was there and ended up waiting 4 hours for my car (they told me when I dropped it off for my appt. that they had no idea how long it would take for my service) and they claimed they had no loaners available...even though their loaner row had 6 or 7 cars that sat there with me for the entire 4 hours...I'm just saying...
Old 05-06-08, 08:11 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Dropped off the car. Gave me a new 08 GS350 AWD loaner. Said it would take about 2 days (I have other stuff they are fixing).
Old 05-06-08, 08:46 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kf678
you definitely want to request a loaner when making your appointment at Woodfield. I didn't the last time I was there and ended up waiting 4 hours for my car (they told me when I dropped it off for my appt. that they had no idea how long it would take for my service) and they claimed they had no loaners available...even though their loaner row had 6 or 7 cars that sat there with me for the entire 4 hours...I'm just saying...
thats terrible!! I use McGrath for all my cars so I dont know much about them or their service. Time to find another dealer thats close that wants your business.
Old 05-06-08, 12:55 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Dropped off the car. Gave me a new 08 GS350 AWD loaner. Said it would take about 2 days (I have other stuff they are fixing).
Did the loaner have any F-Sport parts on the car? If not, why not? I'd hope that the dealership would buy into their own upgrades. In fact, I think it'd help sell more of the F-Sport line....more people see it on the street, the more the customers are going to 'option' it into their vehicle purchase.

BTW, I'm kidding...but it'd be kinda cool to get a loaner that's been modded using the full F-Sport line.
Old 05-06-08, 05:03 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Luder94
Did the loaner have any F-Sport parts on the car? If not, why not? I'd hope that the dealership would buy into their own upgrades. In fact, I think it'd help sell more of the F-Sport line....more people see it on the street, the more the customers are going to 'option' it into their vehicle purchase.

BTW, I'm kidding...but it'd be kinda cool to get a loaner that's been modded using the full F-Sport line.
Its a good idea and I already have seen dealers selling IS's with F-Sport. However, the IS is the only model with F-Sport parts. The GS needs it though. The front end is literally 4-5 inches from the tire.
Old 05-07-08, 02:43 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

F-Sport Lowering Springs and F-Sport Bilstein Shocks Review

Just got the car back!!! Lexus of Woodfield did great work. Very accommodating. I am not sure if their facility is new, but it is far better than Bredemman Lexus and Highland Park Lexus. I also enjoyed the fact that they have a person greet you when you enter the service bay. They also have someone take you through to the cashier and pull your car around.

Recap
I had them install the following: F-Sport Lowering Springs, F-Sport Shocks, and Sport Pedals.

I had my windows down without music playing to make sure no noises were heard from the suspension parts when going over bumps fast, slow, etc. I will probably post up after a month or 2 after the springs are settled to make sure they are still working properly.

Handling. Immediately after I sat in the car it felt tighter. Body roll is reduced and the car can take corners at higher speeds. Will post more when I get more driving in.

Ride Quality. About where it was before. Maybe a bit harsher on the bumps, but overall about stock ride quality.

Price. Expensive. It hurts. I am hurting. F-Sport Springs and Shocks: Parts = $950. Labor = $650. Parts are slightly over what Sewell charges, but they lowered the labor cost for me. I probably paid an extra $300-$400 for labor, but I got a warranty that will last till the car's warranty is up. I was also able to keep my original suspension. They put it nicely into the boxes the F-Sport parts came in. I might sell it or keep it incase I want to revert back and sell the F's.

Who is this for?
The timid modder. The person who likes to keep things stock and not have to worry about whether a problem with the car will be blamed on an aftermarket part by the dealer. I am sure these products have undergone extensive testing by TRD, so you know they will last long and be quality parts. This is NOT for people who are into VIP and slammed look. This is for people who drive their cars everyday and need to be able to go up and down steep driveways, potholes +2 feet deep, and plow through snow.

Now, the pics! Almost all of the pics have no PS. Raw pictures to show the truth. Lots of pics to help you guys on the fence decide. The drop is not slammed, but IMO, it looks way better than stock. Judge for yourself:

Before Right:

After Right:

Before Front Right:

After Front Right:

Before Rear Right:

After Rear Right:

Before Left:

After Left:

Before Left Front:

After Left Front:

Last edited by VikH; 05-07-08 at 03:11 PM.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Springs and Shocks