Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Taste of Lexus, May 9-11

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-08, 05:50 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

This must have been a lot of fun!

Thanks for posting up the pics dkaplan435! Got any vids too?
Old 05-10-08, 10:37 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up Here are a few more pics from today

I must say Lexus did a great job with this event Those that have the opportunity I would go check it out. Driving the F-Sport IS350 & IS250 was great! I am very impressed with how well the cars handle with the F-Sport. I really liked the F-Sport exhaust...its sounds much better then my Tanabe. Enjoy a few more pics.

I had to take some pics of the F-Sport game for those who didnt see or missed the event. Its the actual course that we get to drive! You sit in the F-Sport seat when playing the game.

Hands down to a great set up and great people at this Lexus Event

Old 05-10-08, 10:39 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Old 05-10-08, 10:40 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Old 05-10-08, 11:50 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet pics guys. I am glad you like the F-Sport stuff Mike. I love the way my car handles now!
Old 05-10-08, 03:27 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike (Passnu2) rocks for these great pics. I made a post of the event timeline and what to expect in the main 2gen forum and posted a ton of pics. I had a great time there and Dave Kaplan was with me. It was a pleasure teaming up with him and his wife. We enjoyed the food and Dave, I got an IS-F hat and thank you so much for offering me yours if I did not obtain one. That was very kind of you.
Old 05-10-08, 03:44 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks Brian. I guess I missed out on the goody bag they handed out at the end as I had to take off quickly after the last track event. It was well worth it with out the goodies. I wanted one of those windbreakers they had but I couldnt find anyone to give one to me
Old 05-10-08, 05:14 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow looks like a really fun event, I am glad you guys liked it. Doesn't seem too crowded, unlike some past Lexus events.
Old 05-10-08, 05:19 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by encore888
Wow looks like a really fun event, I am glad you guys liked it. Doesn't seem too crowded, unlike some past Lexus events.
Yes Lexus did a great Job on planing this event and how the groups where broken down. It was a lot of hands on and interacting with the professionals. Most events I have attended in the past where over crowded and you didn't get to appreciate the nice amenities they had. Hope you get to attend the event in CA. I cant wait for the next one
Old 05-10-08, 05:21 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Sweet pics guys. I am glad you like the F-Sport stuff Mike. I love the way my car handles now!
Vik I was very impressed along with Brian. I must say I was hesitant of the F line from Lexus but they really did a great job Had I not done the mods on my car I would be considering them now. I just wish the drop was a little more aggressive but thats just my taste and preference. To bad you didnt make it out. You would have had a great time. Hope you can make it to the next one with us

Mike
Old 05-10-08, 08:31 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice pics Mike! Did anyone get to drive the car with the F-Sport brakes? I'd like to hear feedback on these...

Javier
Old 05-10-08, 10:20 PM
buggs384
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are the put your face in the windshield type..
Old 05-11-08, 07:18 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Nice pics Mike! Did anyone get to drive the car with the F-Sport brakes? I'd like to hear feedback on these...

Javier
Yes I got to drive the F sport 350 & 250 (manual) but only in this timed small course. They had the rims, brakes, springs, all suspension and body braces....it was loaded with the whole F line up I was telling Brian I wanted to take my car threw there. I was impressed with the F sport stuff but I just really wonder if its worth the $$. My car stops just as good but I also have race ceramic pads and we have great brakes on the 350 IMO. This was all about bragging rights for the fastest time so I wasn't testing the brakes out so much

I was not impressed with the Manual in the 250....after driving I am glad they didn't offer it in the 350 as I would have been disappointed in my car.

The cars where tight threw the turns for sure. I just really wish I could have run my car threw to get a real life experience to see how well my car handled threw the course with my set up.

These cars all had PS2 tires so that is a big help and factor also. Brian asked them and there was 10k in F sport gear in these cars.

If they have it on your area, I cant believe they wouldn't, you need to go check it out. Its like a 1/2 day event when all said and done and well worth it. It was interesting that the timed course had NO ISF The 350 tracks better times in this course The ISF is quicker on the track but really I am so much happier with my IS350 after driving the ISF. I would hate the gas bill, reason I traded in my S4 for the IS. And there is really no where I could open that car with the traffic around here to enjoy it. Its more for bragging rights on the road IMO!
Old 05-11-08, 09:20 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pictures
Old 05-11-08, 02:57 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU

Javier
Javier,

Those F Sport brakes grabbed impressively, and I wish our stimulus check was bigger and I would consider those even though I don't track my daily driver. I slammed on them on my second lap as recomended and they were excellent.

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus, May 9-11