Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Chicago CLub Lexus Gear????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-08, 05:15 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Chicago CLub Lexus Gear????

Hello everyone! Not sure if this has been done in the past or not being NEW to the CL family. I know that CL is working on a window decal for us Thanks Dave But wanted to see if there is an interest for us to get some gear for the local region? If this is not allowed let me know.

Wanted to see if we can get a group together and get some shirts/windbreakers/hats/ect.....Open for ideas.

I am hoping that someone may know a vendor or someone we can use locally that will help us out. Would be nice to have some stuff for our local members and promote the Chicago section more. We have had a great first meet and local activity is picking up! Maybe we can work something out with Woodfield Lexus also since Dave is in good contact with James.

Please post your thoughts!

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-10-08, 05:52 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am all for it. I'll proudly put a Chicago Lexus Club sticker on my car.
Old 05-11-08, 07:25 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oblivionis
I am all for it. I'll proudly put a Chicago Lexus Club sticker on my car.
Well Dave (moderator) is working on a CL sticker for everyone! I was thinking more in the line of clothes or attire. Hats, T-Shirts, ect....what ever we get the most want or demand for from a cost stand point for it to make sense. I had event thought about asking the McGrath family if they would be interested and we can do some kind of event when they open the Westmont facility with the expansion? I am up for any ideas and if everyone is on board I will approach Mr. McGrath and see if I can grab their attn. The have a great grill their and there should be plenty of parking with that addition they are doing.
Old 05-11-08, 09:18 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have my vote on this
Old 05-11-08, 02:45 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ooooohhhh Yeeeahhhh!!!
Old 05-11-08, 04:23 PM
traps1971
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great idea
Old 05-11-08, 06:26 PM
eyeconcur
Driver School Candidate

If you have a logo, my wife has a small embroidery business and could easily do small runs of just about anything (hats, jackets, shirts, luggage tags, etc.). She primarily does luggage tags but has done a number of school and local dive club stuff as well. You can check it out at www.yourbagtag.com. Cost would be inexpensive and based on number of colors/stitch count. She could even do your "screen name" under logo.
Old 05-11-08, 07:44 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Great! So we have a place that we can use locally

Lets get a roll count of what members would like to see so we can get some cost break downs.

If we can get a list of ideas and one of the mods can add a poll to see what the interest for everyone is then go from there!

Glad there is some interest here

I have limited access this week as I am out of town so keep this going and I will interact when possible

Mike
Old 05-11-08, 09:27 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in.....
Old 05-11-08, 09:41 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If anyone wants to take that initiative that would be cool. Maybe a license plate frame or something like it.
Old 05-11-08, 11:27 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

i am all in the club. im in.
Old 05-12-08, 10:26 AM
MotoSC
Driver

I'm in as well.
Old 05-12-08, 12:34 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

We don't actually have a logo at all. This would have to be just a sign "Chicago Lexus Club". Any graphics artists in the house?
Old 05-12-08, 01:22 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eyeconcur
If you have a logo, my wife has a small embroidery business and could easily do small runs of just about anything (hats, jackets, shirts, luggage tags, etc.). She primarily does luggage tags but has done a number of school and local dive club stuff as well. You can check it out at www.yourbagtag.com. Cost would be inexpensive and based on number of colors/stitch count. She could even do your "screen name" under logo.
This is great to have a member with an embroidery business and can do small items. Most places want a minimum of 20 items. Maybe your wife can do my flight suits (LOL)?
Old 05-12-08, 01:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,270 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Well Dave (moderator) is working on a CL sticker for everyone! I was thinking more in the line of clothes or attire. Hats, T-Shirts, ect....what ever we get the most want or demand for from a cost stand point for it to make sense. I had event thought about asking the McGrath family if they would be interested and we can do some kind of event when they open the Westmont facility with the expansion? I am up for any ideas and if everyone is on board I will approach Mr. McGrath and see if I can grab their attn. The have a great grill their and there should be plenty of parking with that addition they are doing.
Yep, still working on the overall sticker but definitely encourge you guys to do something for your local club. Only two caveats:

1) This shouldn't be a money making opportunity or it becomes a vendor issue. I'd suggest keeping it transparent with a break even / at cost deal for the club to see what the best discounts you can get are.

2) I'd definitely suggest staying away from the Lexus font & 'circle L' logo (as well as the CL logo). We've had legal issues with Lexus Corp over our old logo and don't want you to have the same issues / perpetuate the situation we had.

Take a look at what NELOC is doing with their tshirts as an example or what the Hawaii guys did with their local club stickers. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Chicago CLub Lexus Gear????