Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Recommend a tattoo parlor in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-08, 08:35 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Recommend a tattoo parlor in Chicago?

Guys,

I am in town on business and have tomorrow (Tuesday night) free. Was thinking about getting a tattoo I have been wanting for a while. I did some searching and there seem to be a lot of tattoo places in Chicago.

Can anyone recommend one? Thanks,
Jonny
Old 05-12-08, 09:35 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Story of Jade Dragon Tattoo
One Man's dream!
I have been fascinated with tattooing as far back as I can remember.My father and his friends had tattoos, and I would drive my mother "nuts" by drawing all over my arms with a felt marker. My friends would drive me "crazy" always asking me to paint their jacket backs and draw flyers for rock and roll bands. In high school I was the "cartoonist" for the "Elmwood Park Epic", the schools newspaper.

In 1976 I got my first tattoo from the "GREAT" Greg May of The Lake Geneva Tattoo Co. in Wiscosin. This was the first tattoo shop I was ever in and I loved it! I was 16 years old and this day changed my life forever. I knew after that day, what I was going to do with the rest of my life, TATTOOING!

I started tattooing back in 1976, and travelled around the states tattooing for 4 years, finally, coming back home to Chicago opening up JADE DRAGON TATTOO + BODY PIERCING. I have been at this location for almost 20 years! I still have the same fascination and love for tattooing that I did 22 years ago, and still have "FUN" doing tattoos.

Body Piercing also takes up a good part of my day, it has become very popular. I'm proud to say my studio, JADE DRAGON TATTOO + BODY PIERCING is the BIGGEST, BEST, and CLEANEST in the WORLD!!!

I owe it to all my customers...

YOU ARE THE GREATEST CUSTOMERS IN THE WORLD!!!

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ONE MANS DREAM A REALITY!!!

I would also like to thank GREG MAY, TATTOO CHARLIE, TATTOO PETE (RIP), J.D. CROWE, PHILADELPHIA EDDIE + CONEY ISLAND JOE! You all have not only helped me along the way... but you are truly nice people. I could not have done it without you!!

If anyone would like to contact FAT JOE for tattooing or piercing, he can be found at

JADE DRAGON TATTOO, 5331 W. BELMONT AVE, CHICAGO, IL 60641.
TELEPHONE # (773) 736- 6960.

OPEN NOON UNTIL 2 IN THE MORNING- EVERYDAY!

CHICAGO'S CLEANEST & SAFEST
All Prices Include ...
New Sterile Needles
New Sterile Tubes
New Ink & Ink Trays
New Latex Gloves
Spotless Work

Known Around the World for Being Safe and Clean.

NO ONE ELSE IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA OFFERS THIS SERVICE!!
Old 05-13-08, 07:04 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I heard Jade Dragon is the place to go to...
Old 05-13-08, 11:28 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can back up Jaded Dragon as many of my buddies had gone there for years. it is a Chicago Staple and was featured on Q 101 all the time. Mancow (what ever became of him) use to rant and rave about it.
Old 05-19-08, 02:18 PM
inkedup
Driver School Candidate

Ive had a couple pieces done by Tim Biedron at Deluxe Tattoo in Chicago, he is an amazing artist but your not going to be able to just walk in and get tatooed by him. Most talented artists are booked up at least a couple months and you will need to schedule an appointment in advance.

Your best bet is to look through as many artist portfolios as you can and decide for yourself.

Tim Biedron's tattoo gallery
http://www.timbiedron.com/tattoos.php?imgIndex=1

Jade Dragons tattoo gallery
http://www.jadedragontattoo.com/galleries.htm
Old 05-20-08, 02:05 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

There are many good artists scattered all over the place. Jade Dragon, no offense, is simply a name. There have been great and horrible artists in and out of there. There Tatu Tattoo on north ave around Paulina, Revolution Studios on Western and Fullerton, Skin Abrasion Tattoo Studio in oakbrook. Here's a little hint though, the better they are the more booked they are. I had to wait 2 months for my guy and he (Omar bates) did this:
Old 05-20-08, 02:07 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by inkedup
but your not going to be able to just walk in and get tatooed by him. Most talented artists are booked up at least a couple months and you will need to schedule an appointment in advance.
Oops didn't read all posts but uh yeah, what he said.
Old 05-20-08, 07:20 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DzaztrBUSE
Oops didn't read all posts but uh yeah, what he said.
holy crap....where have you been?!?

I like Gothic Body...its up near Milwaukee way out of the way for you. but Jade is good....but busy as hell.

I wish I would have know you were up here man.
how long are you here for...I could have pulled stings and gotten you Cubs tix.....3rd base line near the Bartman seat.
Old 05-21-08, 02:49 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by neurocity
holy crap....where have you been?!?
Well, I had to take a lil hiatus from CL. I found myself getting lost within the site while money-making opportunities just flew right by. Seriusly, I love the site so much that I was spending too much time on it. I'm lurking now-a-days. I'll be making it out to the next meet though WITH MY BUMPERS FIXED!!!

Last edited by neurocity; 05-21-08 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-21-08, 06:00 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Better....and bring that Hot sauce and Salsa cause Urmil cant say enough about it.
Old 05-22-08, 04:01 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

I will, lets just make the we have a port-a-potty and milk on hand (not milk on hand literally pervs) for the weak.