Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Those with TINTED front windows be careful!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 09:55 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation Those with TINTED front windows be careful!!!

Hello Chicago!

FYI that the state troopers are having a field day pulling anyone and everyone over with tinted windows. I have seen 7+ cars in the past 2 days and I myself was pulled over and issued a Ticket even with my doctors note. She laughed at me and said that doesn't meet state guides and maybe it works with the local cops but not them.

Just be careful out there if you can. I have to go see the doc and apply for the plates and get this dropped.

We have one member who has these plates and will have no issues.

I was told to get better sun glasses and take my tint off Oh well....
Old 06-04-08, 10:21 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roll down your front windows when rolling past the popo!
Old 06-04-08, 12:27 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cHiTwNGS43
Roll down your front windows when rolling past the popo!
I haven't done this in years. I don't get harassed...I may get looks but thats about it. I have had cops next to me and behind me. I think they run the plates and then leave me alone.

I was on the expressway in the middle of traffic. she was on the side of the road and I didn't nor could I see her from where I was. I passed and she came after me. it had to have been my car. she kept looking for other things but i have front plate and have nothing she could fight me on.

oh well...not the end of the world. just means I have to go get my plates done quicker then I wanted to. I was hoping to wait till i get rid of the car and start fresh...
Old 06-04-08, 06:34 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Welcome to the the IL state of "revenue generation from whereever you can get it from", where the general public will be policed on anything that's enforceable that will force you to come out of your pocket under the guise of protecting the rest of the public from ourselves but not from drunken male cops kicking female bartenders because of refusal of service.

Sorry about getting the ticket...I say it's time that the general public start really caring about the elected officials that we put seats of power that dictate how and where we live. It's time for us to stop being hoodwinked by crafted marketing campaigns for electing prospective officials.

Sorry...just in the mood for a political rant seeing how good it is here in Seattle compared to Crook and Kane counties in IL.
Old 06-05-08, 05:21 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
Senior Moderator

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Well they need to make fuel money where ever they can...cause they need to keep their V8's and high compression V6's running 24-7. Driving around aimlessly.

I was talking with a Lake County cop and he said that each car will blast through 20gal of reg a day. Everyone is either going green with cars, driving 4cyl beaters or pooling...But not the cops, they just pull people over for BS.

I got popped for no-front-plate. When asked if I knew why I was being stopped. I said "Speeding?" then quickly "Not using my signal?" then interrupting him with "I cut someone off?"....he paused and said. "You have no front plate."

I replied "Oh, yea it fell off this winter." pulling the plate and busted looking bracket from my back seat. So he gives me a ticket...While he was writing the ticket...I notice he had a headlight out. So I let him know that...which really pissed him off. I let him know how unsafe that is and that he could cause an accident. Then I thanked him for keeping the people of Hawthorn Woods safe from my lack of a front plate.

Went home put the plate on, took a 'Dated' picture. And will hopefully get a warning...but I will probably end up paying the $35 fine.

Hey, there is half a tank for officer Douche!!!
Old 06-05-08, 06:54 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^^

I guess so after reading yours. I got a 75$ ticket so I guess they want more money for the State then the locals??
Old 06-05-08, 01:16 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
^^

I guess so after reading yours. I got a 75$ ticket so I guess they want more money for the State then the locals??
Mike,

I had no idea it was a $75 ticket. I thought it was a simple equipment violation at $50 when you texted me. That is a bunch of BS, you only have 35% on your driver and passenger front. That lady cop had nothing better to do. Thank God I never was pulled over in my gen one with tint and i drove to 20 states with it.
Old 06-05-08, 01:17 PM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

After getting followed, watched, harassed for the last few months I'm convinced that I will no longer be turning on my yellow STOCK fogs during certain sections of town and I just put my front plate on.
Last night one followed me for 2 miles. I then turned into a gas station to get gas. The cop turned into the restaurant parking lot down the st and sat there. When I went inside, they turned left. I came back outside and was pumping and sure enough guess who came tooling back down the rd, the same cop. They then took a turn down a rd before hte gas station which allows them to do a 1 mile circle and come out shortly before the original road they turned on. I watched the cop do this and then take a right and park in a parking lot further down the rd in the original direction I was coming. When I went that way I threw on my signal and went to the highway and waved to them too. And yes they saw me. I wasn't being cocky or having an attitude, I was just letting the cop know I watched the stupid crap they tried to pull and showed them what an *** he or she was.

BTW even though I'm not from Chicago, they pull the same stuff here in CT. Our law is 35% front/side and unlimited on the rear windshield. No front windshield tints. My tints are coming out to 37% on their meters....I'm sure soon enough, they will be through to waste my time.
Old 06-05-08, 01:18 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Luder94
Welcome to the the IL state of "revenue generation from whereever you can get it from", where the general public will be policed on anything that's enforceable that will force you to come out of your pocket under the guise of protecting the rest of the public from ourselves but not from drunken male cops kicking female bartenders because of refusal of service.

Sorry about getting the ticket...I say it's time that the general public start really caring about the elected officials that we put seats of power that dictate how and where we live. It's time for us to stop being hoodwinked by crafted marketing campaigns for electing prospective officials.

Sorry...just in the mood for a political rant seeing how good it is here in Seattle compared to Crook and Kane counties in IL.
This is entirely true. How you enjoying Seattle? I just returned. Make sure to check out the MPX Music Experience under the Space Needle.
Old 06-05-08, 01:29 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian231
Mike,

I had no idea it was a $75 ticket. I thought it was a simple equipment violation at $50 when you texted me. That is a bunch of BS, you only have 35% on your driver and passenger front. That lady cop had nothing better to do. Thank God I never was pulled over in my gen one with tint and i drove to 20 states with it.
Yea she was out to get me. Oh well what can I do. I just have to get into a doctor around here and do what I should have done weeks ago. Its legit that I have a problem I was just surprised after all I showed here and had stuff in black and white for proof that she just didn't care. She kept on looking at my car So I enjoy my car is there something wrong with that! It really is discrimination no matter how you look at it. I bet if my car was "stock" and I had the same info she would have let me go!!
Old 06-08-08, 03:06 AM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

I rolled by the bacon without any issue...
Old 06-08-08, 06:44 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Major reason why I am hesitant to get tints. I don't think getting just the rears tinted would look good. Plus I am in Chicago a lot and I sometimes park on the streets. They do not mess around. If you park on a public street in a relatively busy area you almost definitely get a ticket.
Old 06-09-08, 09:04 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Major reason why I am hesitant to get tints. I don't think getting just the rears tinted would look good. Plus I am in Chicago a lot and I sometimes park on the streets. They do not mess around. If you park on a public street in a relatively busy area you almost definitely get a ticket.
I had three friends receive tint tickets for parking on a street overnight in the city.
Old 06-09-08, 09:30 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^^I think I am giving up on these things now. The next car I dont see myself doing this again.

The IS will be traded in soon hopefully so I wont have to deal with this anymore. Last thing I need is to get harassed and my wife is afraid to drive the car and needed to take it today.

I am not sure if I will go or just pay and be done with it. Its pretty far and will cost me in time and GAS but I hate to just give up!
Old 06-10-08, 12:12 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's summer time for sure there every were

Quick Reply: Those with TINTED front windows be careful!!!