Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Exhaust Works in Montgomery, IL

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-08, 06:22 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust Works in Montgomery, IL

I was searching for a good exhaust shop forever, and a lot of big tuner names came up such as AMS, SP, One6 etc. I called them and sent e-mails, but i didn't get any response or my impression of the first contact was less than favorable.

So instead I looked for a shop that only dedicated to doing exhaust work.

First, per many CL/local tuners' recommendation, I went to Velasquez and Sons. I made a visit to the one near O'hare airport, and their facility was Ghetto at best. I trusted CL member's rec and gave them a shot. They were clueless of what they were doing and their work was absolutely horrendous. I was stuck with ghetto bends, ghetto welds, ghetto flanges, mufflers that were welded at different angles, weld rust on tips, etc. Their price wasn't cheap either.

Then I found Exhaust Works.

My first impression was that their facility was a lot cleaner and well laid-out. In many cases, by looking at how their shops are maintained you can tell right away if they have respect for their work and also for their customers. Most importantly before they made any welds, they came looking for me to see if i liked everything and confirmed every step of their installation with my permission. Every weld was made with careful measurements. In the end I finally got something I was happy to pay for.

They even gave me a free T-shirt. And today to my surprise, I received a 10% off coupon with my name hand-written. lol.

I recommend Exhaust Works for anyone who needs good exhaust work on their car. I have this 10% off coupon that I probably won't need for a long time, so if some one needs it, let me know.

Their location:
1157 S. Lake Street
Montgomery, IL 60538

BTW: Now i'm looking for a shop that can install extended studs and spacers. I need someone who can do this on saturdays.

Last edited by ChronoJ1; 06-28-08 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-28-08, 10:09 PM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also exhaustworks in naperville does a great job, anything and everything they do, except test pipes, I had to get mine done elsewhere.

I agree, they do a great job.

^^ if you want extended studs and spacers along with rolling fenders, head to One6 in Elkgrove village, tell Mark Jeff with the red solara sent you.
Mainly honda guys but they are great people.
Old 06-29-08, 01:28 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by woaitsj3ff

^^ if you want extended studs and spacers along with rolling fenders, head to One6 in Elkgrove village, tell Mark Jeff with the red solara sent you.
Mainly honda guys but they are great people.

They did my fenders there also!
Old 06-30-08, 05:54 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They do great work there