Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Illinois Construction Zone Fines

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08, 10:15 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i drive on 88 to dekalb to school all the time. in consruction zone if i see workers i try to go as close to speed limit as possible but when i drive at like 11pm or midnight and there is noone working i treat it as any other road and go about 65-70mph.

so how do there vans look like. last thing right now i need is close to 1000 dollar fine. lol. i just got 2 tickets two days ago in the good ole vernon hills. this brings my total to 4 bull chit tickets this year alone. in the last 5 years of driving i have had less then i have had in 8 month this year.

the pigs need money and they will get you for anything. those *******. :/
Old 08-22-08, 06:24 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a picture I took last year on 294 going North. This is just north of Golf Rd. They were obviously radaring since the speed is displayed. However, I am not sure if they were taking pictures, so this may or may not be what they look like.

Old 08-22-08, 08:32 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DRE1615
There aren't cameras on 90/94 or 294 yet. They are only on I-55, I-88 and some other southern highways. The ones you see on 90/94 and 294 are only used to predict traffic times, not catch speeders FYI. But there has been a dramatic increase in pigs patroling the highways to make up for it so be careful. Just wait until Rod installs the cameras. It's going to be madness!!!!
Steve,

That is correct. I just read about the upcoming initiative to have these monitoring cameras. What a joke. Rod wants to use the revenue from these to pay for additional state police for the Chicago sector and Daley supports it. Got to love politics. They give themselves huge raises every year and make the coffers pay for it with penalties that increase exponentially yearly.
Old 08-22-08, 08:34 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by VikH
This is a picture I took last year on 294 going North. This is just north of Golf Rd. They were obviously radaring since the speed is displayed. However, I am not sure if they were taking pictures, so this may or may not be what they look like.

Vik,

I love your radar detector wire in the left of the pic (LOL). I hope to see you all tomorrow. I will probably be coming with Mike.
Old 08-22-08, 08:37 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Little E
Large Marge...isn't she from PeeWee's Big Adventure?

I know how much you like that movie Brian.
Erin,

You rock!!! Too perceptive for us all (LOL)!! While I was at the Alamo two years ago, the guide addressed the basement before I had a chance to ask.

Old 08-22-08, 05:32 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

So I saw my first one on 90/94 today. Coincidence, I think not!!!
Old 08-22-08, 06:53 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

time to keep the speeding and fun at the track I sold my radar about a month ago and I am trying to cut back on how I drive and take it easy. Just not worth it and with times like they are...you know they are not hesitating passing out tickets that they may not have a few years ago. One being my ticket for tinted windows with medical note and all. they got there money and I am done with it! I have to apply for that stupid plate and wait now
Old 08-22-08, 06:53 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I have heard that the cameras are in the construction equipment so you wouldnt even think they are there
Old 08-23-08, 09:03 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
I have heard that the cameras are in the construction equipment so you wouldnt even think they are there
I highly doubt that. The work is done by private contractors that do not deal with law enforcement.
Old 08-23-08, 01:34 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oblivionis
I highly doubt that. The work is done by private contractors that do not deal with law enforcement.
I wouldnt doubt it or anything these days...the location where Brian was referring to they had no unmarked cars or trucks and I have heard it from more then one person, right or wrong, I wouldnt put it past them to have them in the construction trucks as most of them are sitting 90% of them time and especially after hours. But either way I am not taking any chances with it. I have found it easier to avoid the expressway lately and get to most places quicker avoiding these spots

are you going to the Elmhurst event tomorrow?

Mike
Old 08-23-08, 07:01 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

I wouldnt doubt it or anything these days...the location where Brian was referring to they had no unmarked cars or trucks and I have heard it from more then one person, right or wrong, I wouldnt put it past them to have them in the construction trucks as most of them are sitting 90% of them time and especially after hours. But either way I am not taking any chances with it. I have found it easier to avoid the expressway lately and get to most places quicker avoiding these spots

are you going to the Elmhurst event tomorrow?

Mike
Mike is right, you never know where cameras are hiding regardless if a ISP vehicle is present.
Old 08-23-08, 09:59 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I work in construction (high rise condos) and our equipment can be extremely complicated, but there is no way there is radar equipment or cameras on them. That's a croc of BS. Sorry
Old 08-23-08, 10:01 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

In Canada they use abandoned cars and black out the windows and mail you the ticket just like the US is presently. Had a few during hockey trips back in the day. I still dont believe they are in construction sites but yeah, they could be anywhere.
Old 08-24-08, 05:56 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I work in construction (high rise condos) and our equipment can be extremely complicated, but there is no way there is radar equipment or cameras on them. That's a croc of BS. Sorry
I hear ya I am just saying that I wouldn't be surprised and I am sure the stuff that is used in a High Rise Condo is not the same as what they use on the roads right? Again no worries as all I am saying is the area Brian mentioned all these people got busted in did NOT have any special or unmarked cars! I pass through there on a regular basis going from 355/88 to Geneva/St. Charles for my son and also for my other property. So somehow these people had to get busted someway or another. The construction equipment from, from what I have seen, has been sitting there and not moved in most cases.

Either way guys I am just sharing my thoughts here so just be careful as we all know that people are getting busted
Old 08-24-08, 05:59 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

I hear ya I am just saying that I wouldn't be surprised and I am sure the stuff that is used in a High Rise Condo is not the same as what they use on the roads right? Again no worries as all I am saying is the area Brian mentioned all these people got busted in did NOT have any special or unmarked cars! I pass through there on a regular basis going from 355/88 to Geneva/St. Charles for my son and also for my other property. So somehow these people had to get busted someway or another. The construction equipment from, from what I have seen, has been sitting there and not moved in most cases.

Either way guys I am just sharing my thoughts here so just be careful as we all know that people are getting busted
Mike, Paul (oblivionis) works on highway road construction, so he would probably be the best source to ask.

Quick Reply: Illinois Construction Zone Fines