Barkaplalooza (Animal Rights Event) Downers Grove, IL

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-08, 09:03 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Barkaplalooza (Animal Rights Event) Downers Grove, IL

Hello All,

I often dislike getting involved with fundraising just because I feel that everyone has their hand out these days and it is often difficult to leave Jewel, pass an intersection, or receive phone calls without being hounded for some money for some function. Regardless of money, my sister is helping to sponsor Barkapalooza and had asked that I help her do a little promotion for a great cause. She is big into animal rights and helping find homes for displaced pets and those that need adopting. She also helps to establish college funds for indigent pets. OK, that is not true and I wanted to see how many people read this post.

Respectfully,

Vanessa's walkathon account for the West Suburban Humane Society's Barkapalooza. She hopes to raise both awareness, adoptions, and monetary donations of any kind. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.firstgiving.com/grifftastic
Old 08-27-08, 10:16 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

My huge props to Little E (Erin) for her generous contribution, that was very kind of her. She is a hero for us all. Both of my sisters are dog owners and really have become active with PAWS, animal shelters, donations, etc. I never really paid much mind to this, but I have a better understanding now based on people I know having obtained their pet via an adoption agency. Sounds like a win win situation. I salute non-profit animal agencies for their efforts to help all parties.
Old 08-27-08, 12:33 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only donated $25 (I hope I didn't type in $2500 or something? ), but I am glad I could help!

Anyways, I am very into volunteering at my local animal shelter when I find the time. It's hard to volunteer there sometimes w/o getting attached to the animals.

Good Luck!
Old 08-27-08, 04:15 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Little E
I only donated $25 (I hope I didn't type in $2500 or something? ), but I am glad I could help!

Anyways, I am very into volunteering at my local animal shelter when I find the time. It's hard to volunteer there sometimes w/o getting attached to the animals.

Good Luck!
It was $25,000!!!! Thanks again Erin.
Old 08-27-08, 04:26 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

See Erin you know you want to move to IL....I see you keep coming over to visit the gang lol...Very kind of you to donate! You are an awesome person
Old 08-27-08, 04:28 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian231
It was $25,000!!!! Thanks again Erin.

we are not worthy!!! lol
Old 08-27-08, 11:08 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
See Erin you know you want to move to IL....I see you keep coming over to visit the gang lol...Very kind of you to donate! You are an awesome person
Actually, I donated thru Brian's myspace bulletin. He PMed me today with a link to this thread.

Oh yes how I want to move to the midwest to freeze my butt off 7 months out of the year (LOL)...j/k. I would like to visit Chicago someday...it's on my "big city list." I only peek at the Chicago forum when I'm dying of bordum at work.
Old 08-28-08, 12:10 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Little E
Actually, I donated thru Brian's myspace bulletin. He PMed me today with a link to this thread.

Oh yes how I want to move to the midwest to freeze my butt off 7 months out of the year (LOL)...j/k. I would like to visit Chicago someday...it's on my "big city list." I only peek at the Chicago forum when I'm dying of bordum at work.
Yes,

Our winters are terrible, no lie. If you want to venture out, do it before Nov and after May. Mike and I will introduce you to the whole Chicago CL Rat Pack and yes, you will get to have a private tour of the city CL way. We start in Chinatown at Won Kow (LOL)!!!