Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'
View Poll Results: Will you be attending this event on Sunday September 21st? If so, will you be bringin
Yes, but just me.
35.71%
Yes, me and a friend.
32.14%
Yes, me and 2 friends.
10.71%
Yes, me and +3 friends.
14.29%
No, I will not be attending.
7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Last Meet of the Summer Extravaganza: Sept. 21st

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-08, 03:05 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ Thanks Mike!

Thanks to everyone with their kind wishes. Baby and mom are doing great. I posted a pic in the clubhouse thread for all to see so we keep this thread some what on tract
Old 09-04-08, 03:48 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VikH
Mike, I would talk to dkaplan about this. Ask him about how he planned the forest preserve meet.

It took a LOT of follow up and work. The part w/ Lexus was minimal, just a lot of phone calls to make sure the food & stuff was going to be there. The rest was the most time-consuming, following up w/ members and of course Matt paying the fee!

Now that I'm working I don't have time to do this kind of thing, which is why I didn't volunteer to be involved in the summer meet.
Old 09-04-08, 05:57 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
It took a LOT of follow up and work. The part w/ Lexus was minimal, just a lot of phone calls to make sure the food & stuff was going to be there. The rest was the most time-consuming, following up w/ members and of course Matt paying the fee!

Now that I'm working I don't have time to do this kind of thing, which is why I didn't volunteer to be involved in the summer meet.
That is still the best CL meet I have ever been to.
Old 09-04-08, 06:04 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Thanks Vik, I got to tell you, it's the best meet I ever went to as well.

So many cool people and so many cool cars. I had no idea Supra's were such cool cars. But then I thought Lexii sucked until I got my IS350.

Last edited by dkaplan435; 09-04-08 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-04-08, 10:22 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

guys I got a PM and a good idea to help out with this...Paul I think also got the PM.

If you go to the Socal Section, I believe they are the ones, who are doing the EOS and they have the sig all done up.....I am sure you can see what I mean if you havent already!

Who can take care of this for the Chicago group so we all change to the same sig and have it link to our thread. Either Paul's thread or mine. More activity for the short notice and all and I sure hope someone is good with that kind of stuff and will help us out. I am going on 4 days with NO sleep and about as much as I can push myself here. Glad the wife and baby are coming home tomorrow and that I am finally home myself. I may get a little sleep before work and hope to have a nice relaxing weekend to get some energy back!

Just post up if you can do this for everyone and you create it how you want it!!!

Thanks for the help guys!
Mike
Old 09-04-08, 10:24 PM
AG4
Rookie

Hello Gentlemen...

I am waiting for the conformation from McGrath Lexus.

I am hoping for and answer by monday.

If anyone needs hotel information or have any questions please send me a message and I will get to you as soon as possible.

Once I receive conformation, I will post direction.

I am sorry for the short notice but we can make this into a cool get together and celebration of the birth of PassnuJr.

Congrats, Mike.
Old 09-04-08, 10:27 PM
AG4
Rookie

Hello Gentlemen...

If anyone needs hotel information or have any questions please send me a message and I will get to you as soon as possible.

I am sorry for the short notice but we can make this into a cool get together and celebration of the birth of PassnuJr.

Congrats, Mike.
Old 09-05-08, 03:39 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by AG4
Hello Gentlemen...

Congrats, Mike.
Congrats again Mike! Good luck w/ the confirmation from McGrath. If they say yes, are they providing food & beverages? Good food? Door prizes?
Old 09-05-08, 04:52 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Default ****food****

UPDATE:

I emailed a close friend/old co-worker of mine. His wife owns her own catering business and I sent an email to get some prices and options for the Saturday meet so we can have food. I will wait to see what McGrath comes back with for Sunday's portion of this meet. They have a grill at the dealer so probably makes more sense to have a bunch of meats to Grill out and enjoy the cars and meet new people.

I will post later or I will forward to Paul the details so we will keep everyone up to date.

Happy Friday Chicago!

Mike
Old 09-05-08, 07:03 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by passnu2
guys I got a PM and a good idea to help out with this...Paul I think also got the PM.

If you go to the Socal Section, I believe they are the ones, who are doing the EOS and they have the sig all done up.....I am sure you can see what I mean if you havent already!

Who can take care of this for the Chicago group so we all change to the same sig and have it link to our thread. Either Paul's thread or mine. More activity for the short notice and all and I sure hope someone is good with that kind of stuff and will help us out. I am going on 4 days with NO sleep and about as much as I can push myself here. Glad the wife and baby are coming home tomorrow and that I am finally home myself. I may get a little sleep before work and hope to have a nice relaxing weekend to get some energy back!

Just post up if you can do this for everyone and you create it how you want it!!!

Thanks for the help guys!
Mike
Mike,
Great idea! You know I'm on it. Are the dates Sept. 20-21?

Vik

Last edited by VikH; 09-05-08 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-05-08, 08:21 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Guys, I need all the info for the meet, so I can include it in the signature pic. I need dates and a title for the meet! A mock up is in my sig!
Old 09-05-08, 02:28 PM
tISk250
Driver

Trying it out... Ok well I got the sig in but i haven't got the link attached.
Old 09-05-08, 02:43 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tISk250
Trying it out... Ok well I got the sig in but i haven't got the link attached.
Zack, let's firm up the details before we start spreading the sig around. I will probably make changes to it when the guys get back to me. Plus, we need to start an OFFICIAL thread about this meet because we have WAY to many threads and it is confusing.

P.S. If you want me to make you a sig, send me a PM with pics.
Old 09-05-08, 04:01 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Agreed! Way too many threads. Maybe they could all be combined?
Old 09-05-08, 04:50 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by VikH
Mike,
Great idea! You know I'm on it. Are the dates Sept. 20-21?

Vik
Yes Vik those are the dates

Please let us know what we need to do to copy that sig or if you need to email and or who ever wants to distribute it to everyone.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated I spoke to Paul at 1am or so last night and these dates are firm. we are still getting things together but post away and lets get this going.

I have an email on the catering so I will call this weekend to see what they have to offer us. This is going to be a great time for those that make it.

Mike

Quick Reply: Last Meet of the Summer Extravaganza: Sept. 21st