Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Furious with the stock market

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-08, 08:48 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Furious with the stock market

I try to keep positive but it is hard but when I checked my investment portfolio this morning I suffered a $12,000 dollar hit , that is a lot of money hell I could do a nice swap or turbo with my gs for that kind of scatch, I dont know what to do should I bail out and take the loss or just ride the tide and hope for better days. Dumb *** Lehman Brothers ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!! you should have closed the deal with that Korean bank last week instead of having your head in the clouds shyyt!!!!!!
Old 09-16-08, 08:51 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

AIG didnt help out much either! My friend its only going to get worse....
Old 09-16-08, 09:12 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2
AIG didnt help out much either! My friend its only going to get worse....
Yeah I know but it seems like Bank of america has become a powerhouse in the past couple of years they took over Lasalle Bank and now they're taking over Lynch,and Bush has made it clear that he is no longer giving out lunch money anymore to the financial institutions.
Old 09-16-08, 09:15 AM
IceZ
Pole Position

I bury all my money in coffee cans in my backyard. hmm hopefully with all this flooding I dont see my coffee cans floating down the street
Old 09-16-08, 09:16 AM
fiddy yen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would neccessary blame bush on this one (as much as I hate him)

the Federal Reserve is to blame for this.

Its only going to get worse, I pulled out 90% of my investment portfolio couple months back and I am very glad. Only thing that I have left has been doing otherwise good thanks to China.
Old 09-16-08, 09:30 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fiddy yen
I would neccessary blame bush on this one (as much as I hate him)

the Federal Reserve is to blame for this.

Its only going to get worse, I pulled out 90% of my investment portfolio couple months back and I am very glad. Only thing that I have left has been doing otherwise good thanks to China.
Well I gotta do something because this is crazy my main goal is to have this money for early retirement and to set up a trust fund for my son and daughter because they are 5 and 8 years old and I planned for the money to be distributed at certain ages in their lives ,for college ,marriage,etc.
Old 09-16-08, 09:30 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by smuv gs3
Yeah I know but it seems like Bank of america has become a powerhouse in the past couple of years they took over Lasalle Bank and now they're taking over Lynch,and Bush has made it clear that he is no longer giving out lunch money anymore to the financial institutions.
BOA is not doing great either. No one is for that matter. IMO you have a bunch of greedy places that want to capture this market to be that next giant. Many have tried and are no longer. I have followed this too much coming from the wholesale side of the mortgage industry working for a private bank and also a federal reserve bank! It took 7 months for the last place I was employed with to be done. I fear how much worse this is going to get and to hear comments on TV or other places that the economy is fine I broker insurance now and we pulled AIG from our mix as of yesterday. Reminds me of the mess with the mortgages!!! Here we go again all over and yet they say Insurance is recession proof How about the financial companies that back them up

okay enough I can go on and on for ever here! Lets just mod our cars and spend some money
Old 09-16-08, 09:32 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by smuv gs3
Well I gotta do something because this is crazy my main goal is to have this money for early retirement and to set up a trust fund for my son and daughter because they are 5 and 8 years old and I planned for the money to be distributed at certain ages in their lives ,for college ,marriage,etc.
we have time yet...its all about being patient and conservative right now. For me that is impossible We just have to let this vicious cycle complete and let everything self correct. At least that is what I keep telling myself.
Old 09-16-08, 09:33 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IceZ
I bury all my money in coffee cans in my backyard. hmm hopefully with all this flooding I dont see my coffee cans floating down the street
Well thats a good plan but my backyard is party central for rabbits I think those little shyyts dig enough holes for me to fill as it is
Old 09-16-08, 09:38 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2
we have time yet...its all about being patient and conservative right now. For me that is impossible We just have to let this vicious cycle complete and let everything self correct. At least that is what I keep telling myself.
Good advice my wife said this morning give it time, now I'm with you back to car stuff LOL!!!
Old 09-16-08, 11:03 AM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

I was just about to get started in stocks, but now all this is making me very worried in doing so.
Old 09-16-08, 11:17 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

On the bright side, if you have some cash lying around, this would be a perfect time to get in the market. Too bad I don't
Old 09-16-08, 01:20 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

This is a perfect time to invest imo, remember the top 5% buys when the 95% sell and the top 5% sell when the 95% buy, I put in 3k into ford this week because I like theyre product I see more on the streets and word involving euro models coming to the states make's it that much more satisfying to invest.
Old 09-16-08, 02:38 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

It hurts to look at my portfolio on line right now...in fact, I haven't touched it in the last 6 days of trading. In fact, I'm scared to look at it...the last I looked at it, I was down a wee bit over $90k. After yesterday, I'm sure to be in the red (from peak) in the 6 figures.

DAMN!!!! I hate even thinking about it.

The only thing I keep telling myself is to "...not react, keep some restraint". In fact, now may be the time to invest more, and reallocate some under-performing funds into even more under-performing funds.

In recent history, I've been doing great with Asian market, banking and insurance funds, and doing horribly with alternative energy. In the past month or so, banking is hammering me.

I'm thinking of going heavy with alternative energy. I think that's going to be the next industry that will mimick the tech boom of the late '90s and the housing market of this decade.
Old 09-16-08, 03:36 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

I *hate* the current market. Thank goodness I moved on Ford when they hit their low or else I would be down way, way more. The Asian markets were up 25% for me and I held. Now down 15% :-(

My belief is that things are going to get worse. I've looked to stocks with decent dividends, keeping some in cash, medical (we all get old), and I agree about the alternative energy plays.

Bah... I hate the market!

Quick Reply: Furious with the stock market