Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

How do I report Reckless Driving?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-08, 06:09 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I report Reckless Driving?

Ok so the last couple I've been driving along my normal route to work (Schaumburg Rd., etc) and I've ran into the most ___hole driver I've ever seen. Yesterday I saw him weaving in and out of traffic, no signal of course, with his black CRV. So I think nothing of it...figured the guy is late to a meeting or something... Well today I'm driving and I see a black CRV get into the right turn lane just to pass me....turns out its the same guy . I know you guys all know me as a level headed person, but stuff like this really pisses me off.

Anyways, (I know this is kinda stalkish), I see the guy pulling into a corporate park. I followed him and saw him park, so the guy has to work there. I took down his plate#. Is there anything I can do to report this guy, etc? I really want to see him get busted in the act. I've exprienced a lot of reckless driving over the years, but this is just ridiculous....
Old 11-06-08, 06:29 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ just call the local PD and let them know this is an everyday thing and you are concerned for yourself and others and ask them to have a squad car parked in this area. Provide the Make/Model and his Plate # and I would think this should give them enough to go off of.

Glad nothing happened to anyone. Just have Jason get in the car with you and you both go stand behind his car when he gets off work j/k
Old 11-06-08, 06:40 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-06-08, 06:55 AM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

Originally Posted by cHiTwNGS43
Ok so the last couple I've been driving along my normal route to work (Schaumburg Rd., etc) and I've ran into the most ___hole driver I've ever seen. Yesterday I saw him weaving in and out of traffic, no signal of course, with his black Acura TL. So I think nothing of it...figured the guy is late to a meeting or something... Well today I'm driving and I see a black Acura TL get into the right turn lane just to pass me....turns out its the same guy . I know you guys all know me as a level headed person, but stuff like this really pisses me off.
Oops! Haha
Old 11-06-08, 08:00 AM
al4nek
Driver

i haven't seen how he's driving but i wouldn't bother , propably because i'm not saint either
Maybe he was late for a meeting today too jk
Old 11-06-08, 08:01 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Snitches get Stitches.................

I kid I kid lol........
Old 11-06-08, 08:06 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The police have to witness this first hand and that erratic driver will be caught. You did the good thing with taking down the vehicle info and driver description. Provide all to the Schaumburg police and let them have an unmarked in the area. Every dog has their day.
Old 11-06-08, 10:22 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet, this guy is going down....

I was thinking about writing a little friendly warning and leaving it on his car, but I just might go to the big guns....
Old 11-06-08, 10:59 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

you ca draw pictographs on his body panels...or if you wnat to be civilized, just leave a not saying to slow the **** down
Old 11-06-08, 12:10 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Next time just call the non-emergency number for your police dept. and report it, they usually send out a unit quick.
Old 11-06-08, 12:58 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cHiTwNGS43
Ok so the last couple I've been driving along my normal route to work (Schaumburg Rd., etc) and I've ran into the most ___hole driver I've ever seen. Yesterday I saw him weaving in and out of traffic, no signal of course, with his black CRV. So I think nothing of it...figured the guy is late to a meeting or something... Well today I'm driving and I see a black CRV get into the right turn lane just to pass me....turns out its the same guy . I know you guys all know me as a level headed person, but stuff like this really pisses me off.

Anyways, (I know this is kinda stalkish), I see the guy pulling into a corporate park. I followed him and saw him park, so the guy has to work there. I took down his plate#. Is there anything I can do to report this guy, etc? I really want to see him get busted in the act. I've exprienced a lot of reckless driving over the years, but this is just ridiculous....
haha i seen a couple of these reckless drivers before. i was on 294 going south and there is this guy on the highway he was like weaving in and out and on shoulders lane. my buddy was like lets call the cops. lol we reported him that he was drink and screaming out of his window. we gave the cops the plate and decription of the car and we would just follow and see what happens lol.

i would just get his plates and report him that he was drunk and weaving in traffic and on shoulder lane.
Old 11-06-08, 02:51 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Jason I can only laugh at your post! Crazy TL drivers! Lol. Make sure you get some footage of this going down!!
Old 11-06-08, 05:40 PM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jmkiang
Oops! Haha
You hit Vtec twice didn't you?
Old 11-06-08, 06:15 PM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

I think I'm going to do the note thing first...kinda like Big Brother is watching you...better know your role before I call the po po

I'll keep you guys posted...the fact that its a CRV just aggravates me even more...at least if it was a cool car (ahem..Lexus) I wouldn't care as much.
Old 11-06-08, 07:59 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ I want to see Video of this and the person coming out and reading it. If you think that this person is really going to care then wouldnt drive as they do! If it where me and I saw it that would end up on the floor and I would find out who in my office put the note on the car. Like my office thinking they are funny with the parking sticker.

Seriously if you think its that bad then report it. I cant say I am perfect, Vik may tell you others wise, when driving and done some stupid things. Either dont say anything or report it. You dont know this person and what they are capable of if they see you this could just turn out to something that isnt worth it for you.

Quick Reply: How do I report Reckless Driving?