Help me interpret this carfax

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-08, 10:52 PM
pli
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me interpret this carfax

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/ccc_Displa...BE262765004099

so as some of you guys may know, i've been lurking around and trying to find an IS350 for a good price.

This 06 matador red is350 is coming from mcgrath lexus with 21k miles. carfax is clean, of course, but maybe you can try and figure out what can be wrong with it, for the car to be priced that low (@ $25.5k)

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

would a dealership like mcgrath this renowned sell a bad lexus? help me out, you chicagoans. im sure a lot of you guys have bought your lexus's from mcgrath.
Old 12-18-08, 08:27 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think there is anything wrong with the car or it's history, plus i doubt McGrath Lexus would sell a car that has a shady past.

The only thing that I can think of is two owners in such a short time, about a owner a year. You will be third if you bought it, this might lower the cars value due to so many owners.
Old 12-18-08, 08:51 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by habeeb89
You will be third if you bought it, this might lower the cars value due to so many owners.
how is this Doesnt matter how many owners a car has does it Heck I am one of the crazy people that does keep a car for a year and get rid of it just to put one more owner on title quicker

You know what my take is on this and the dealer
Old 12-18-08, 09:06 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I could be wrong - but why would a dealer sell a perfectly good car at an auction? That'd be the red flag to me.....

Is this car considered CPO?
Old 12-18-08, 09:21 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

if you check my vin... it's going to be something like that too..
cos i was underaged to buy the car at one point... and asked my friend to buy me one.... using his name.. and after 10 mths... i transferred it to my name... so yeah.. this could also be one reason?? i gueess??
Old 12-18-08, 09:28 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MadMax96
I could be wrong - but why would a dealer sell a perfectly good car at an auction? That'd be the red flag to me.....

Is this car considered CPO?
regardless of dealer not every car sells. has nothing to do with how good or bad. my car was at the dealer for ~ 3 mos before I got it from them. Its in perfect condition as many local members can vouch for it. Most used cars will sit on a dealer lot for ~ 3 mos before they wholesale it to another dealer or auction it off. Too many factors play a role in this Dont forget it cost a dealer to sit on a used car also

Plus we arent in a good market right now so that doesnt help any car sell IMO.
Old 12-18-08, 10:53 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
regardless of dealer not every car sells. has nothing to do with how good or bad. my car was at the dealer for ~ 3 mos before I got it from them. Its in perfect condition as many local members can vouch for it. Most used cars will sit on a dealer lot for ~ 3 mos before they wholesale it to another dealer or auction it off. Too many factors play a role in this Dont forget it cost a dealer to sit on a used car also

Plus we arent in a good market right now so that doesnt help any car sell IMO.
Well said Mike,

This was my thoughts of it sitting on the lot. I am researching some cars as well an have noticed some sitting on the lot for 5 months due to pics taken in dead of summer with trees fully bloomed. Use this toward your buying advantage.
Old 12-19-08, 07:31 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Just got get the car from LMS if you feel its a good car and you like it A red color Lexus is going to sit on any lot longer, regardless of this economy, as its not a very popular color for a Lexus. I like it personally and have had many red and black cars so to me it doesnt matter but look in the 2IS section and see how many red IS there are compared to the other colors.

I will vouch for McGrath all day long. I wont vouch for LMS. If you dont feel confident with McGrath go look at another Lexus dealer to see what they have to offer you. Are you close to Woodfield? Contact James from Woodfield Lexus and get the car from him. Great guy and they are a stand up dealership also. I cant speak for any other Lexus dealer in the area.
Old 12-19-08, 10:57 AM
pli
Lead Lap

lol passnu2, i have nothing against mcgrath. im pretty sure they are a great dealership. my uncle has bought two lexus's from there. so im going to use him as my bargaining chip.
Old 12-22-08, 01:39 PM
TAP4636
Rookie

My mom bought her RX350 from Woodfield, and I bought mine from McGrath downtown. I mentioned Woodfield to my McGrath salesperson, and was told they (McGrath) would beat Woodfield's offer.

I've been very happy with McGrath. The service department is where they get you anyway....not sales. Most luxury sales teams won't mess with you much if you've done your homework. Hagglers and games are for Chevy buyers. If you are there to buy a Lexus, you aren't going to mess around, and they know it. It's all about customer service.