Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

How about this weather....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-09, 07:19 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default How about this weather....

these last few days have made me think about moving to a warmer climate where I can enjoy warmer weather year round and have a more mild winter. Felt so good to drive around with the windows down and enjoy the nice weather. Too bad its only going to last for a few more days and then back to the norm

anyone else here consider moving to a warmer climate? I really enjoy Chicago and all it has to offer but being married now with kids and not getting out and doing things as I used to it would be nice to enjoy the warmer weather and do stuff year round for the most part. The thought of Summer tires year round is worth it
Old 02-10-09, 08:10 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I considered California and Florida many many times before, and its still a possibility. Id rather drive or fly to see some snow, but I prefer the warm weather over cold anyday. There are many pluses over the negative such as better roads, drive your car all year, women wear less all year , cars dont corrode or rust as easy, etc.
Old 02-10-09, 08:58 PM
highstakes
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Thats why I love the South, their cars are in such nicer shape (they dont salt their roads) than ours is. I would not mind settling down in a city like St. Louis or Kansas City, not as humid as cities of the deep/far south but still see winter weather once in a while.
Old 02-10-09, 11:23 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

I considered moving to Cali, but during my last vacation there I really thought about it seriously and realized how lost I would feel there, how far I would be from my network, how much more expensive the standard of living is there....like how much more gasoline costs hehe...and what the heck would I do with all my winter clothes?

Nowadays, I am willing to deal with the cold for a couple months to stay...where everybody knows your naaame
Old 02-11-09, 06:09 AM
ohno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This weather has been fantastic. I'm actually moving to San Diego in the next few years...Warmer weather FTW!! As much as I hate the cold weather/snow I'm probably gonna miss "change" (meaning 4-Seasons) & Christmas with snow... Other than that California's my future home..
Old 02-11-09, 09:16 AM
2000LEX
Lexus Test Driver

I just moved from Nevada how do you think i feel, theres winter there too but i didnt know there was such thing as below zero till i moved here.
Old 02-11-09, 10:14 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

rain rain go away come back another day...
Old 02-11-09, 10:31 AM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
I considered California and Florida many many times before, and its still a possibility. Id rather drive or fly to see some snow, but I prefer the warm weather over cold anyday. There are many pluses over the negative such as better roads, drive your car all year, women wear less all year , cars dont corrode or rust as easy, etc.

Spot on correct, sir!
Old 02-11-09, 10:45 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I miss the south. Land full of hospitality, southern charm, sweat tea, and short winters that do not leave us scraping salt out of our wheel wells.
Old 02-11-09, 10:47 AM
kf678
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by highstakes
^ Thats why I love the South, their cars are in such nicer shape (they dont salt their roads) than ours is. I would not mind settling down in a city like St. Louis or Kansas City, not as humid as cities of the deep/far south but still see winter weather once in a while.
The funny thing about living in St Louis, Kansas City, or even southern Illinois is when they get two or more inches of snow everything shuts down for days
Old 02-11-09, 12:22 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

What a change from yesterday, it's feels like it's freezing outside today after the weather from the past days. I hate the rain too
Old 02-11-09, 03:15 PM
nn432100
Lead Lap

I thought of arizona but then the finanical distaster happened so we will see. When I was overseas and it was hot all the time I was in complete heaven!!
Old 02-13-09, 06:35 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on Mike you know nothing beats Chicago
Old 02-13-09, 09:47 AM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its 67 here in Ga right now. gotta love it. you should consider Atlanta, if you want something off the coast. The suburbs are awesome, you feel like you live out in the country side, and within 20 minutes you are downtwn buckhead where all the bars are.
Old 02-13-09, 02:21 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

You could be shoveling we had snow 15 days yes 15 days so far this year already and just plain COLD even went below ZERO.

Quick Reply: How about this weather....