Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Looking for a jobb..

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-09, 08:41 AM
GrKAvalon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a jobb..

So, I'm 17, I currently have a job (grocery store =[ ) but I'd like to find a new one. I've been reading most of your guys threads and everyone seems very helpful. I'm looking for a new job, or something I can at least "help out" at on weekends or anything to get some money. I figure it'll be hard, but maybe someone knows somebody looking for some help? I live around the 294/95th exit. I don't mind driving far on weekends, weekdays though you'll have to remember I get out of school at 3. Any one have any suggestions? I applied for the discount tire down my street cause they're hiring. About 20-30 more people from my school did too though. =[. Let me know if anyone has like "side jobs" or anything. (like painting houses, or anything.. legal ya?)

Thanks!
Old 03-14-09, 08:45 AM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

times are tough, but here, PM me your info number etc.
No I do not need your social #.haha
I have some good news for you.
Old 03-14-09, 09:51 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ Jeff he doesnt want to be your pimp
Old 03-14-09, 03:33 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No wonder why Jeff had the top hat and cane in his trunk.
Old 03-14-09, 09:46 PM
GrKAvalon
Rookie

oh god.. you guys worry me =P

good thing i loved his old lara =] lol.

jeff you have p.m.
Old 03-15-09, 06:01 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ HAHA

Post what you are looking to do. We can all try to help you out and we are all doing different things. Is there something specific you are looking for? More as in a career or are you looking for a better job for the time being? The more you post us the more we can all try to help you out
Old 03-15-09, 06:19 AM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

off topic.
I'm parting out my lara if you want certain things. the avalon engine wise and suspension and wheel wise fit on identically.
(selling the car after part out possibly)
PMed you back.
Old 03-15-09, 08:05 AM
GrKAvalon
Rookie

Well, career-wise I been thinking about going into aviation of some sort. Like either Air Traffic Control, Aviation Administration, or something along those lines. Also automotive engineering maybe =]. For the time being, I was hoping for something either with cars (driving, fixing, anything really), a bank as a teller or something, or anything that won't make me freeze my fingers off pushing carts.

off-topic but jeff, that REALLY interests me. I need a lot of parts (suspension, rims, fun stuff)
Old 03-15-09, 08:11 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ I sent you 2 very good contacts for both Auto and Aviation
Old 03-15-09, 08:16 AM
mdk77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say this to everyone- get into the IT market. It really isn't slowing down too much. Companies and home owners are always looking for computer help. I guess the next question is - how much do you know about computers? Enough to help an average owner?
Old 03-15-09, 08:19 AM
GrKAvalon
Rookie

I'm pretty good with computers too, and I learn very quickly on just about anything =]. I never really thought about that. I'll look into it for a long-term career too. Thanks so far everyone!
Old 03-15-09, 08:21 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

mdk77 - I think NO one is safe in this market. I know EMT, Police, Many Hospital workers that are being let go due to this market. Those are also things that never go away but someone has to be able to PAY is the key thing in this market. You also have many that want to hire others for less because they CAN and WILL in this market.

Just be careful out there in this market. I was one that was out of work for close to a year but was good with my $$ and did very well for myself. I am now in a new field where everyone needs it and in someways its the law. But trust me I see my employer falling apart along with employees dropping like there is no tomorrow.

I wish everyone the best in this market
Old 03-15-09, 11:45 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Accounting and Nursing (healthcare) seem to be progressing fields in this economy.
Old 03-15-09, 11:47 AM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

PM replied and called.
Old 03-15-09, 06:01 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mdk77
I say this to everyone- get into the IT market. It really isn't slowing down too much. Companies and home owners are always looking for computer help. I guess the next question is - how much do you know about computers? Enough to help an average owner?

Wow...I'll go ahead and disagree with this whole-heartedly. This has to be one of the worst times to be in IT field unless you happen to be certified and experienced in some key technologies. With outsourcing, off-shoring, and down-sizing as unregulated as it is, next to real-estate, automotive, and banking, the IT market has been severely affected.

I was laid off back in January from IT/business consulting job. I have numbers of friends that were laid off from their IT positions from fortune 200 companies around the country. The difference with this downturn vs. what we had back in 2000 to 2002 was that the downturn back then affected mainly only the IT industry. IT professionals in non-IT industries weren't as affected.

Luckily, I was able to find another job, but I have to attribute it to having an MBA, a network of friends that got my name and foot in the door, and my very specified experience with CRM business concepts and applications. I was lucky, it took me only 2 months.

I have acquaintences that have years of experience and are super-certified in various technologies and haven't been able to get a bite since last October.

IT will come back, but right now is not the time.

Fields to look into are: Medical, real-estate (yup!), entertainment, food services (especially QSR), and marketing.

...just my honest and experienced opinion.

Quick Reply: Looking for a jobb..