Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Getting my body damage fixed.. suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-09, 08:05 PM
GrKAvalon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting my body damage fixed.. suggestions?

So I went to a local dealer, and they told me for 1400 back in October they'll straighten out my frame, pull the dents out and get a new bumper. Today I went back and they said for 1,200 they'll fix all that, including any other big dents around the car (front fender, maybe some other one) and my cracked corner light. I'm thinking of taking it tomorrow morning and getting it fixed. Does anyone know any cheaper places maybe? I'm looking to get this done before the meet..

The rear end twisted, the impact actually put a dent on the driver's side rear quarter too. The bumper actually is closed, it meeting with the body. Let me know what you guys think. Everywhere else said like 2500-4000 =/

Oh ya, btw the car is no longer on the spare/oems. thanks jeff!
Old 03-19-09, 08:16 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

I was recommended Boyce Body Werks by Mike here on CL. My car is currently there right now getting fixed with much more significant damage than yours. They have been very prompt and informative when it comes to repairs so far... I will let you know how the car turns out on Monday or Tuesday...
Old 03-19-09, 08:37 PM
GrKAvalon
Rookie

how much did it cost? This place is called European Auto Body on roberts rd and like 85th or something
Old 03-19-09, 09:45 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

try ebay for your cracked corner light...it could save you a couple hundred rather than the shop fixing it!
Old 03-20-09, 04:56 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by habeeb89
I was recommended Boyce Body Werks by Mike here on CL. My car is currently there right now getting fixed with much more significant damage than yours. They have been very prompt and informative when it comes to repairs so far... I will let you know how the car turns out on Monday or Tuesday...

That was me You want a certified "Toyota" "or" Lexus (all in the same) body shop to fix it and make sure its good then this is the place. If you want the cheapest shop this is not the place to go. Is insurance picking this up?? if so go to them. If you have to pay and need something cheap then I dont think this is the place. My suggestion pay the $$ now and get it done right or you will just pay more down the road for being cheap.
Old 03-20-09, 06:49 AM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by habeeb89
+1
and no prob, glad I can help you out Mr. Funny man
Old 03-20-09, 09:17 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man,

What happened to your Avalon? Does not look major. Keep in mind, most dealers outsource body work and tack on a finders fee just to make money.
Old 03-20-09, 11:55 AM
GrKAvalon
Rookie

I was turning into Mcdonalds across traffic, 2 lanes were backed up and last lane was stopped about 2 cars ahead, i creeped up a bit, saw a civic pretty far back (half a block/block away) so i went to pull in. She didn't bother slowing down at all and as a matter of fact turned into me. How else can her DRIVER side get annihilated but not her passenger? Well, police came, decided I was 100% at fault for "failure to yield". So ya, I have to pay out of pocket, which is rough since I'm only 17 too.. They do pretty good work, I'm not going to lie. My dad's old van got practically run over and murdered whole rear end and they fixed it perfect. A little paint imperfection on matching, but nonetheless perfect. The corner light is getting fixed for free, and on ebay they're like 20-30 bucks.. The car is there now as we speak and I'll let you guys know when I get it =]
Old 03-21-09, 09:49 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GrKAvalon
I was turning into Mcdonalds across traffic, 2 lanes were backed up and last lane was stopped about 2 cars ahead, i creeped up a bit, saw a civic pretty far back (half a block/block away) so i went to pull in. She didn't bother slowing down at all and as a matter of fact turned into me. How else can her DRIVER side get annihilated but not her passenger? Well, police came, decided I was 100% at fault for "failure to yield". So ya, I have to pay out of pocket, which is rough since I'm only 17 too.. They do pretty good work, I'm not going to lie. My dad's old van got practically run over and murdered whole rear end and they fixed it perfect. A little paint imperfection on matching, but nonetheless perfect. The corner light is getting fixed for free, and on ebay they're like 20-30 bucks.. The car is there now as we speak and I'll let you guys know when I get it =]
At least it is a typically great running vehicle engine and tranny wise. I like those 1gen Avalons.
Old 03-21-09, 09:57 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$1200.00 is very cheap get it done there