Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Wheel Spacers / Extended Studs

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-09, 09:56 PM
ohno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Wheel Spacers / Extended Studs

Anyone local know where I can get Wheel Spacers or extended lugs? I want more of an aggressive look. Discount tire doesn't have them. Any input would be great.
Thanks,
- Neil
Old 03-28-09, 10:19 PM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can try Fizz
Old 03-28-09, 10:21 PM
ohno
Lead Lap

Sorry for the NOOB question but what is FiZZ?
Old 03-28-09, 10:49 PM
ohno
Lead Lap

Touge Factory.. I should of known from the start..
Old 03-29-09, 12:56 AM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

My bad
http://www.fizzautosports.com/
Old 03-29-09, 02:42 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

get Ichiba Type II bolt on spacers. Many on here are using them. I have them with my OEM set up for that flush look. You just need 15mm or more for the Type II set up. It takes all of 5 min to slap them on. If not then you need to change out the studs and install spacers. First is the way to go if you can fit the 15mm.

I have 20mm on my car if you want to try them for fitment.
Old 03-29-09, 03:14 AM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

Make sure you get the type 2's on Ichiba's
A few shops I know that I've seen carry spacers around I think are
One6, ProfunctionAuto, IllGarage, SoundPerformance (I think..), not sure about Fizzautosports though, maybe Top Speed.

hope it helps.
Old 03-29-09, 04:54 AM
ohno
Lead Lap

Thanks for the quick responses.. I'm gonna go with a 15mm Spacer but if I'm not satisfied 20mm it is.
- Neil
Old 03-29-09, 06:17 AM
Oneflyguy
Rookie

Would these spacers be something my local wheel shop, Discount Tire, be willing and able to install for me? Or do they not really mess with things of this sort? Thanks.
Old 03-29-09, 06:19 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^Discount will not! Bring them with you and we can install them then. You can pretty much get them from anyone. I suggest Nigel, our vendor on here, to help out our community and his prices are great!!
Old 03-29-09, 06:40 AM
Oneflyguy
Rookie

You're being too good to me, but I am not complaining . I while send Nigel a PM and see what he can do. 15mm is what I need for an 08 GS350 AWD?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by passnu2
^Discount will not! Bring them with you and we can install them then. You can pretty much get them from anyone. I suggest Nigel, our vendor on here, to help out our community and his prices are great!!
Old 03-29-09, 06:45 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

you can fit up to 20mm in the rear with out altering anything. 15mm is fine, its all the look you want. I don't have any on my car in the front but in the rear I am 20mm so you can see how that looks. If you are doing front and rear I would personally do 15mm front and 20mm in the rear. Should make you pretty flush in the front and as close as you will get in the rear. The rims have to come off to do the work so really its nothing. Plus you can see how they work so if you ever need to take them off you will be able to. Its very easy.
Old 03-29-09, 06:56 AM
Oneflyguy
Rookie

passnu2-
Sorry for the 20 questions, still very new to many of these mods. As I did a quick search, it appears it is important to choose between version I and II. I will be putting on a set of 20" wheels after the spring install next weekend. I would like to have the spacers for my winter set-up (probably OEM) and my summer set-up (20 inch wheels). I just took a picture of the back of my 20" wheels as it may determine which version I need to get??

Originally Posted by passnu2
you can fit up to 20mm in the rear with out altering anything. 15mm is fine, its all the look you want. I don't have any on my car in the front but in the rear I am 20mm so you can see how that looks. If you are doing front and rear I would personally do 15mm front and 20mm in the rear. Should make you pretty flush in the front and as close as you will get in the rear. The rims have to come off to do the work so really its nothing. Plus you can see how they work so if you ever need to take them off you will be able to. Its very easy.
Old 03-29-09, 07:19 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Your wheel is fine for the Type II spacer. It needs to have the notches/opening for the studs to go through. I know the OEM rims do so you are fine. Type I is more permanent as you have to tap out the studs and replace with longer ones.

The real question is the offset the same on your 20" rims as it is on your OEM? Also what tire size are you running. If not then we need to make sure you get the correct spacer. I would go off your summer rims and not OEM.

You could always throw one rim in your car (20") and we can install one of my (spacers) to test fit it with the car lowered and see if its enough or too much.
Old 03-29-09, 09:13 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

dimitry aka 97sc300 has some he wanted to sell before. You might want to pm him to see if he still is. They are 15mm and he has 4.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers / Extended Studs