Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Morocco, Indiana...can anyone tell me about it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-09, 03:53 PM
LexFather

Question Morocco, Indiana...can anyone tell me about it?

Seems like its a very very small town. How far is it from Chicago? What is the nearest nice suburban area?

How big is the Lexus scene in the Chi-town area?

Thanks

Mike
Old 06-30-09, 03:58 PM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you moving there? I don't know much about it, but it looks like its in the middle of nowhere
Old 06-30-09, 06:28 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Never really heard about it before and I'm not aware of significant businesses there. FWIW: I can't imagine wanting to live way the hell out there but to answer your questions though:

1) About an hour and a half from Chicago
2) Depends on what you are looking for as "nice" but I guess Orland Park is probably the closest.
3) Not as big as you would think.
Old 06-30-09, 07:48 PM
LexFather

Thanks gang....its possible I might be in the area...come hang with you Chi-town boys...we shall see....

Its on the border of the two states...any reason why I would want to live in IN compared to MI in regards to taxes?

Whats the cost of living like in Chicago, Joliet etc? I'm in Atlanta now....
Old 06-30-09, 08:05 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks gang....its possible I might be in the area...come hang with you Chi-town boys...we shall see....

Its on the border of the two states...any reason why I would want to live in IN compared to MI in regards to taxes?

Whats the cost of living like in Chicago, Joliet etc? I'm in Atlanta now....
Never really heard of Morocco, but the cost of living in the city is pretty high. Joliet on the other hand is pretty low...
Old 06-30-09, 09:27 PM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Closest I've been to Morocco was Monon, IN (other side of I65). Looks like it's as small as Monon. Monon is a very small town and people generally go out of town to do stuff. Most of them go to Lafayette (home of Perdue).
Old 07-01-09, 07:14 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2IS 'R' US
Most of them go to Lafayette (home of Perdue).
1SICKLEX: Don't get too excited... He isn't talking about Perdue Chickens. Purdue University.

IIRC Michigan income tax rate is almost 1% higher than Indiana but this town is near the border of IL and IN not IN and MI.

I think you have to lay out a few more parameters for us to provide a more useful help. Atlanta GA to Morocco IN would be an EPIC FAIL move for me but depending on your interests and tolerance for commuting I'm sure you could find a good spot.
Old 07-01-09, 07:39 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lived in Indiana for 8 years or so.

....and I couldn't tell you where Morocco Indiana is lol.
Old 07-01-09, 07:49 AM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
1SICKLEX: Don't get too excited... He isn't talking about Perdue Chickens. Purdue University.

IIRC Michigan income tax rate is almost 1% higher than Indiana but this town is near the border of IL and IN not IN and MI.

I think you have to lay out a few more parameters for us to provide a more useful help. Atlanta GA to Morocco IN would be an EPIC FAIL move for me but depending on your interests and tolerance for commuting I'm sure you could find a good spot.
Yeah Purdue U
Old 07-01-09, 07:50 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

i guess... living in Lafayette where PU is.. not too bad.. been there..
Old 07-01-09, 09:51 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Purdue grad myself...Boiler Up! Although I do have a deep hatred for the state of IN. Who doesn't sell alcohol on Sundays? What's that about? I can't imagine any "small" town in Indiana being that great. Most likely consists of a church, body shop and a strip club. Good Luck!
Old 07-01-09, 10:12 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DRE1615
Purdue grad myself...Boiler Up! Although I do have a deep hatred for the state of IN. Who doesn't sell alcohol on Sundays? What's that about? I can't imagine any "small" town in Indiana being that great. Most likely consists of a church, body shop and a strip club. Good Luck!
Ha...I went to school there too...Rose-Hulman in Terre Haute. I always thought Indiana should be annexed. I think I had the only JDM vehicle in a 100-mile radius....
Old 07-01-09, 11:56 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cHiTwNGS43
Ha...I went to school there too...Rose-Hulman in Terre Haute. I always thought Indiana should be annexed. I think I had the only JDM vehicle in a 100-mile radius....
there are nice cars in Indy. Couple of my buddies have Lotus, Lambos, NSXs, etc. but in terms of modded Japanese cars...a lot of them are, well, you know, err...

I mean, I just saw a black IS-F...with a turbo badge that doesn't have a turbo!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-f-turbo.html

Just move to Chicago with your goat, I've always wanted to meet you and your goat in person.
Old 07-01-09, 06:45 PM
LexFather

Peter, lol!! I love chicken!!

Coco-bun, yes, I might just bring all my goats. I had no idea the Chi-town area was this busy and involved with the Lexus scene. It definitely is a plus.
Old 07-01-09, 09:00 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Not to sound like a jerk, but I consider Indianapolis just a large suburb compared to Chicago.

Chicago Lexus Club is alive and kickin! Now if only we could only find a way so that everyone would actually show up for a meet...

Quick Reply: Morocco, Indiana...can anyone tell me about it?