Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

question about ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-09, 10:14 AM
stock_sc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default question about ticket.

i got into a accident this past week. i got a failure to reduce speed ticket. will i need a lawyer? the person whom i hit wont be there. i guess i should give a lil background to the accident. i was on golf near woodfield mall just east of the highway. there was some stop and go traffic. the car about 4-5 car lengths ahead of me had stalled.. later i found out. so people were trying to scramble to the right lane. i didnt see anything so i thought it was just congestion. s the person in front of me did a fast start and braked hard.. luckily i had stopped in time the first time. then she did it a again and the following time i didnt stop in time and nailed her. so yeah she wont be at court. how much do lawyers charge for something like this? thanks
Old 07-18-09, 11:10 AM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stock_sc
i got into a accident this past week. i got a failure to reduce speed ticket. will i need a lawyer? the person whom i hit wont be there. i guess i should give a lil background to the accident. i was on golf near woodfield mall just east of the highway. there was some stop and go traffic. the car about 4-5 car lengths ahead of me had stalled.. later i found out. so people were trying to scramble to the right lane. i didnt see anything so i thought it was just congestion. s the person in front of me did a fast start and braked hard.. luckily i had stopped in time the first time. then she did it a again and the following time i didnt stop in time and nailed her. so yeah she wont be at court. how much do lawyers charge for something like this? thanks
Depends, you could go with a Public Defender if you don't have enough money to pay. I have a good lawyer who right in Schaumburg if you need one. He got my ex out of DUI and hit and run even though his record had 26 of them already there.....he MUST be good. The problem is, if you don't have a lawyer, and you hit someone from the rear, you are already guilty. Spend the money on a lawyer and get probation.
Old 07-20-09, 10:23 AM
zetec2vtec
Pole Position

How is your driving record? If its good you shouldnt have a problem getting probation. Ive had a ton of speeding/drag racing/seat belt/following to close/ tickets and I got probation on all of them. The drag racing is the only ones that i got a lawyer for and it cost zero becuase my uncles took care of it. But it would of cost 350 just for showing up.

If your record is bad than get a lawyer.
Old 07-20-09, 11:03 AM
stock_sc
Pole Position

no my record is pretty clean one ticket since i started driving.. that was back in 2000-2001 for a no left turn. i started driving back in 96.. yeah been talking to some friends and they say just go in and plead guilty. ask for probation due to my pretty clean record.
Old 07-20-09, 11:15 AM
zetec2vtec
Pole Position

yup thats the easiest way. You will have to pay a fine but its better than having a conviction on your record.
Old 07-20-09, 01:50 PM
chicagoSC
Driver

Is this just for the moving violation? IS the girl you hit going to Sue? If you admit guilt it will open you up for everything else. I hope you have good insurance!!
Old 07-20-09, 08:51 PM
stock_sc
Pole Position

yes its just for the moving violation. i havent seen any thing yet from her side saying shes gonna sue. i doubt it. she is from a different state. she wont be showing up for my ticket because i believe she will be in new orleans. i currently have esurance. they have been good so far.
Old 07-21-09, 11:45 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

^ Some people love to fake injury, the old my neck or back type thing especially since this was a rear-end accident. Just make sure you keep track of any court dates that you might get if she does sue for medical bills/lost wages, etc.