Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

New 06' GS430 and new to forum questions????

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-09, 10:09 AM
snaps98
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 06' GS430 and new to forum questions????

Hey guys, I am from nw side of Chicago by Ohare and just upgraded from a 2003 gs300 to a 2006 GS-430 and i love it. This is a great forum with allot of info. I have a few questions and i was hoping to get some advice. There is too much info on here to sort through.

1. Do you guys prefer the 35% or 20% tint all around car? OR mix and match. I think 20% might be too dark for the city cops?? Do you guys know of a good place to get it done that is fair in pricing?

2. Anyone use the Dice or Vais ipod integration? I bought the Dice but i think i am going to return it since it does not work for Iphones yet? I was told Vais has a good unit for Iphones??? I also want to get the Sat radio going and i know Vais has a few units if anyone else can recommend?

3. nav and bluetooth mod? Is it correct that i still cant dial number when i am driving even with the mod?? I basicall want to be able to do all nav and blutooth functions when driving. IS this possible?

4. IS there any performance parts that you guys can recomend getting for the 430? I was just thinking about the K&N airfilter to start off simple. Is there any chips or anything for performance?

5. Ligthing- i already think the lights are cool but i have seen some great adds on for fog lights and head lights? IS this worth it? what kind of pricing is it to change out lights?

6. Sat Radio- Does anyone have this installed on their GS? I dont like the idea of them putting the antenna on the front dash. do they make better antennas? any ideas for placement?
Old 08-24-09, 11:35 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on the purchase, welcome to Chicago CL!

1.) You will get a lot of differing opinions when it comes to this, not on the percentage, but on if/when you will get pulled over for it. I personally went with 35% in the fronts and 20% in the back. I think it flows well, especially since my car is black.

Your go to guy on the tints is Caesar from Logan Square Automotive Acc.

2.) I personally haven't used the VAIS system, but it seems pricey or what it is. I just use a FM tuner when I am using my iPod.

3.) There is a complete DIY on how to over-ride that in the 3G forum, it's a sticky...

4.) On this your go to guy is Mike (passnu2), he has tried/done everything under the sun for performance to his GS Common mods being a intake from a 2GS and exhaust.

5.) You can change your DRL lights and fogs to HID's, just get a kit from one of the vendors on CL, they look great - especially the fogs

6.) IMO XM/Sirius are a waste of money, but I never use the radio so it might just be me.

I think I got all those Q's, let me know if you have any more Q's or need help with something
Old 08-24-09, 11:45 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the 06-GS430 Club

1. Do you guys prefer the 35% or 20% tint all around car? OR mix and match. I think 20% might be too dark for the city cops?? Do you guys know of a good place to get it done that is fair in pricing?

35% all around will be legal in a few days. You can see pics of my car, same as yours, to see if you want to go darker. I would go darker but not worth the problems anymore for me.

2. Anyone use the Dice or Vais ipod integration? I bought the Dice but i think i am going to return it since it does not work for Iphones yet? I was told Vais has a good unit for Iphones??? I also want to get the Sat radio going and i know Vais has a few units if anyone else can recommend?

I have Vias and I love it. I do not have the sat from them but another member Bill does and we installed in his 3gen GS and its really easy. They are a vendor on here so check them out for a discount.

3. nav and bluetooth mod? Is it correct that i still cant dial number when i am driving even with the mod?? I basicall want to be able to do all nav and blutooth functions when driving. IS this possible?

Yes you can get a PNP kit off eBay or cut the wires and have a switch installed. I believe its called data tech or something like that. Its about 200$ for the PNP kit and you can always take it out. Also easy to install.

4. IS there any performance parts that you guys can recomend getting for the 430? I was just thinking about the K&N airfilter to start off simple. Is there any chips or anything for performance?

Not much, I just recently had luck with the 2gen GS430 Injen Intake. No CEL or any issues. I have a custom true dual exhaust that sounds much better but I cant say the gains are anything huge on this car.

No chips, you can do a s/c set up like many of the 2gen members have done. I have plans to try this if I keep the car in the future.

5. Ligthing- i already think the lights are cool but i have seen some great adds on for fog lights and head lights? IS this worth it? what kind of pricing is it to change out lights?

Mobile HID for your HID Fogs. Cliff (Mobile HID) is a vendor on here and great service and products. A few of us have used his services. I have 6k for my HID (replaced OEM 4300k) and I believe I have 5k in my fogs. All depends on your taste and what you want to get out of it. I like how it lights up the road now

6. Sat Radio- Does anyone have this installed on their GS? I dont like the idea of them putting the antenna on the front dash. do they make better antennas? any ideas for placement?

I have the XM but I just killed the service. My issue is the trunk mounted Antenna. I have the shark fin if you really want to install XM or Sirius I would take the time to do it right. PM me if you would be interested.

Search my car here and in the 3gen GS section and you can see many pics and things I have done to my car since we have the same car.

Post us some pics

Edit:
forgot there are some OEM (FSport) parts for our car as of recent. Hit up Darrel at Sewell Lexus (also a vendor) and he will take good care of you. I just installed front and rear sways and love them. One of the best mods I have done to my car.

Last edited by passnu2; 08-24-09 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-25-09, 10:34 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WELCOME snaps98
Old 08-25-09, 07:18 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome! You got a PM with my tint guy's info.

George
Old 08-26-09, 05:33 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

never happened until we see pics
Old 08-26-09, 05:46 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by aliti19
Welcome! You got a PM with my tint guy's info.

George
Look at this guy...CZAR better tint your cars for free forever with the mad business you have given him.
Old 08-26-09, 06:57 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by neurocity
Look at this guy...CZAR better tint your cars for free forever with the mad business you have given him.
He hooks me up... but more than anything he's a really cool guy, and I want him to do well.