Hola Strangers....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-09, 05:51 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hola Strangers....

Long time no see or chat....

So I finally traded out of the RDX for the wife and picked up a 2010 Acura TSX V6 Tech and I am very impressed with the car. I actually enjoy driving it more then my car. I know many hate Acura on the boards and the new style.

Of course it had to be BLACK/BLACK....and it looks soooo good. JMKiang I think we need to hit this with some wax before winter if its not too soon??

Outside of this surprise for the Mrs last night I have been working my @ss off like crazy. I am hardly on here anymore due to the amount of stuff I have going on with work and family there is no time to play any more but I cant complain either.

Hope all is well with everyone
Old 11-03-09, 05:56 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mike!

Yea, I've been a super stranger too! I really miss my GS! It's been 2 years w/ the VW and i'm getting the itch again. Only prob now is that I'm married and it has to go through senate (aka wife) approval. lol
Let's see some pics of the TSX!! How much did you pick it up for?

George
Old 11-03-09, 06:19 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Hey George!

No pics yet....just got it last night around 7pm...Drive in, handed my keys over and pretty much walked out. Wife had NO clue what I had done I was messaging my buddy back and forth for a few weeks. She is VERY happy so I am happy I am glad to be out of the SUV.

Price....I know the owners; I ended up with more car for no additional cost to me!! If you look for an Acura or Lexus again in the future let me know and I will send you over direct to see what they can do.

Time to hit up Cesar for this car to get done. Nothing like a black car with tinted windows
Old 11-03-09, 06:49 PM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Congrats Mike!! Makes me miss my TSX...I had an 04 Silver/Black.

Hope all is going well for you guys!
Old 11-03-09, 07:18 PM
2000LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Whats up, as long as you paint the grill it is a very decent looking car. I talked to acura and they told me the v6 will have a manual next year so once that happens i might concider as well.
Old 11-03-09, 10:59 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

wheres the pix im kidding. i didn't know its a 6 cylinder now
Old 11-04-09, 05:11 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

New body style has the V6 (280 hp I think) or the inline 4. We had the inline 4 a few years back and I didn't care for it or the car. The TSX was a pretty plain car. They really took this car to the next level with the interior and exterior. I like the grill on the TSX and wouldn't paint it. I do not care for the grill on the TL and would paint it all day long. The TL the body lines and the grill doesn't flow to me but I like the rest of the car. Just needs tinted windows and I may try the OEM factory remote start if I can find a good price on it and have one of the techs install on the side for me. I have always been a fan of the Acura line up and quality. In the past my biggest issue was the rattles and stuff in the winter but both my Lexus vehicles also have/had the same issues. I guess I just expect too much.
Old 11-04-09, 06:07 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is great to hear that work is going well. I just asked about you to Matt the other day. He said you have been busy at work. I myself, have been working on a research grant for the past two months and have an office at NIU. I need to get back for a meet-up soon. December is looking better for me. I am sensing a Hooters night or Tilted Kilt.
Old 11-04-09, 10:33 PM
illini19
Rookie

Well done Mike. You pulled the trigger huh. Good for you. You'll miss that SUV but you know you can call me if you need to haul something. That's what my wife's truck is for

And if your going to Ceasar, I better come and go darker. Still say yours is darker than mine. Stupid 35%. Should have went 20
Old 11-05-09, 06:16 AM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

Congrats again on the pick up. Never too late for wax!
Old 11-05-09, 09:55 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Mike congrats on the purchase , the nose of the TSX is much better looking than the TL. The V6 TSX sure has a lot of spunk to it, unlike the old 4 bangers.

I've been thinking about getting a remote start on the GS too, let me know if you know any good place.
Old 11-05-09, 12:00 PM
2000LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Habeeb go to Marks sound, mike will suggest the same
Old 11-05-09, 04:23 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000LEX
Habeeb go to Marks sound, mike will suggest the same
Brian, I hope all is well back in Nevada!!! Let everyone know I said hello.
Old 11-05-09, 05:09 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by habeeb89
Mike congrats on the purchase , the nose of the TSX is much better looking than the TL. The V6 TSX sure has a lot of spunk to it, unlike the old 4 bangers.

I've been thinking about getting a remote start on the GS too, let me know if you know any good place.
Mark Sound is the only place I go. The TSX actually has it as a Factory OEM accessory so I think I am going to give it a try and not go aftermarket this time. But my GS Mark did it and my past several cars. You can use my name when you call ask for Mark. I am actually stopping over there on Saturday. You can jump in the car with me or follow if you are around. Just call me if you want to go...
Old 11-05-09, 05:12 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmkiang
Congrats again on the pick up. Never too late for wax!
I thought you wanted to wait on a new car

anyway lets figure sometime

Quick Reply: Hola Strangers....