Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

sad day today

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-10, 08:49 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Unhappy sad day today

I went to a wake tonight for a very nice man I worked with. Stopped home after work and decided to take the wife's car and rush over before it was to late....

When I went to leave the wake I notice the side of the car was all marked up? I thought it was just the way the light was hitting the car and it was dirty. But I got closer and someone side swiped the car from the drivers side passenger door back I was in Oak Lawn parked in a parking lot. Not something I would expect in a funeral home parking lot. No note or anything so not much I can do
Old 03-17-10, 08:52 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sucks Mike, I would make a police report, analyze paint transfer if possible, contact funeral home, and see what happens. I know you probably do not want to contact the deceased family in this regard, but this is bs, and I have a strong feeling, the person that did this is well aware.
Old 03-17-10, 09:32 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks ***** Mike! Sorry to hear....Just once I would like to hear a story like that ending with the person responsible getting caught in the act. At the end of the day it's not worth losing sleep over (you know what I went thru last summer on the F) atleast your safe and not driving while it happend. Btw I have some info for you regarding the fender roll.....sorry to hear about your co-worker.

PS...does this mean your up for a promotion? (j/k wanna make u smile)

Last edited by gs2isf; 03-17-10 at 09:34 PM. Reason: .
Old 03-18-10, 04:58 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that sucks... I had the same thing with the RX last year and you know how bad that damage was. I made the police report, but to this day the bastard that caused $8k in damages still hasn't been caught. I know it's a long shot, but did the parking lot have any cameras or any stores nearby that did?

I would no matter what make a police report, hopefully you have a low-deductible.
Old 03-18-10, 09:08 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

Bum deal man. Some people got no class.
Old 03-18-10, 10:29 AM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Wow that sucks Mike I hope whoever did it gets what what they deserve!
Old 03-18-10, 01:10 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sucks man. same thing happened to me in a strip mall. had this big red gash on my WHITE car on the bumper, horrible
Old 03-18-10, 01:25 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

sorry to hear about your ride and the coworker! must have been something in the air yesterday cause my rear bumper got hit by a truck. was at a customers, huge parking lot, my car was dirty so i didn't notice. went to get my car washed then i saw it. perfect truck bumper mark at the top of mine. all scratched up and folded the top of the bumper. also pushed it in alittle cause the trunch latch doesn't sound right when you open and close. went to a bodyshop already up to around $1800.00 without taking the bumper cover off yet. only blessing it's going on my compresensive and only $250 deductible. and of course no note or anything! sucks!!!!!!
Old 03-18-10, 02:04 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it makes you feel any better Mike, this happened to me last week. Someone hit my shat by my office. I was luckily able to buff it out. If I saw who did it and caught them, I would hand them a gladiator stick and kindly ask them to battle it out in the "Pit of Death."
Old 03-18-10, 02:41 PM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

Man thats too bad Mike.

Hope the deceased was not close friend and may he rest in peace.
Old 03-18-10, 02:45 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry about your misfortune Mike, hope the driver is caught . Is your insurance going to cover the whole shop bill ?
Old 03-18-10, 04:42 PM
ChiCityGS3
Rookie

Mike, terribly sorry to hear about what happened. I hope everything works out for you in the end!!!
Old 03-18-10, 04:56 PM
Oneflyguy
Rookie

Hate to hear the news on both, Mike.

I agree with EGI IS350, something must of been in the air yesterday.......someone gave me a real nice door ding and took the paint with it.

I had washed the car the night before and it was spotless. What I had noticed first was someone's fingerprints smeared by the door handle. This idiot nailed me and knew it because they wiped their fingers over it to see how bad it was.
Old 03-18-10, 05:18 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea he was a really good guy! Really went out of his way to help others out. Sad to see such a young man in such good shape just pass away so suddenly. Just really shows you never know when its going to be your day. Enjoy life while you can!!

Just glad I didn't take the GS. I was afraid I was going to have to park on the street so I left my car home. I will see if Gytis can spray it when it warms up a little more. It wont rub out as nice as that would be.
Old 03-19-10, 10:20 AM
Dble Agent
Pole Position

That sucks Mike.. sorry to hear that.

Quick Reply: sad day today