ams or speed inc?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-10, 12:38 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default ams or speed inc?

hey guys,

my bud's dad has an '87 Grand National that needs a custom tune and possibly more work done. he has been out of the game for about the last 10 years so he wants to take it somewhere reputable. which of these two shops would be a better pick? or if you have any other suggestions on shops let me know.

thanks

bryan
Old 03-19-10, 11:26 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

niiiiice, I love GNs.

umm..sorry don't know any shops around here but I'm sure someone specializes in GNs. Try the GN forums (turbobuick.com IIRC)
Old 03-20-10, 02:52 PM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EGI IS350
hey guys,

my bud's dad has an '87 Grand National that needs a custom tune and possibly more work done. he has been out of the game for about the last 10 years so he wants to take it somewhere reputable. which of these two shops would be a better pick? or if you have any other suggestions on shops let me know.

thanks

bryan
If you're around Schaumburg, have you tried Strictly Modified?
Old 03-22-10, 06:54 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

I'm friends with the guys over at Speed Inc. I knew them before they opened the shop so I don't consider myself biased. A couple of the guys came to my wedding to put it another way. They do good work but AMS is no slouch either. It might come down to location and business hours.

I'll ask Speed Inc. if they are up on 80's Buicks if you want me to. Just let me know.
Old 03-22-10, 11:33 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gaugster
I'm friends with the guys over at Speed Inc. I knew them before they opened the shop so I don't consider myself biased. A couple of the guys came to my wedding to put it another way. They do good work but AMS is no slouch either. It might come down to location and business hours.

I'll ask Speed Inc. if they are up on 80's Buicks if you want me to. Just let me know.
that would be huge! thanks alot. yeah my bud's dad lives in wood dale so he is not far from schaumburg or west chicago. the other shop i told him to go to is precision turbo in indiana cause they only do t-types and GN's but he wants someone local.
Old 03-22-10, 01:22 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

that would be huge! thanks alot. yeah my bud's dad lives in wood dale so he is not far from schaumburg or west chicago. the other shop i told him to go to is precision turbo in indiana cause they only do t-types and GN's but he wants someone local.
I talked to Speed Inc. and sent you a PM with the details. They don't sponsor CL so I don't know how much I can post public. Anyway, have your people give Larry and call and go from there.

Good luck.
Old 03-31-10, 12:53 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

I just had my gs dynoed at AMS and the tuner Chris is top notch, you could also try sound performance Vince is their tuner . Both of these guys are pros at their game.
Old 04-01-10, 08:39 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gaugster
I talked to Speed Inc. and sent you a PM with the details. They don't sponsor CL so I don't know how much I can post public. Anyway, have your people give Larry and call and go from there.

Good luck.
Gaugster, thank you for your help on this. He decided to go to AMS and is taking the car in tomorrow. Found out one of our buds from way back works there and is giving him a great deal.
Old 04-01-10, 09:28 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

Gaugster, thank you for your help on this. He decided to go to AMS and is taking the car in tomorrow. Found out one of our buds from way back works there and is giving him a great deal.
That's cool. I am sure you buddy will be fine working with AMS. It's always best to go where you have at least some connections.