Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Got hit by a truck & need a body shop please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-10, 07:59 AM
nat4103
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got hit by a truck & need a body shop please.

Good morning everyone;
I hope all is well? Sorry to bother you guys, but I was wondering if anyone has a body shop that I can bring my Lexus IS 350, please? I got hit yesterday by a Yukon as I was driving home with my kids in the back. It is not bad, he got the back fender & bumper. It was a swipe, but the other driver did not have insurance or a license. He gave me this fake I.D. that got me more pissed off. So as we were talking the cops passed by & I told them what was going on & they did all the paper work & they arrested the other driver & took his truck. I felt bad, but I know I will have to pay out of my pocket to get my car fixed. I have full coverage but it still stinks that I got hit. PEOPLE NEED TO PAY ATTENTION!!!! So if anyone knows of a good body shop that does good work & will give me Lexus parts for my repairs & that works with State Farm Insurance. I thank you very much for all your help also!!!
Old 04-07-10, 09:04 AM
FoUr OuNcE
Driver

westmont body werks is really good
Old 04-07-10, 09:22 AM
ronf119
Driver School Candidate

Nick and Ernie's in Skokie
www.nickandernies.com

last time i used them, they can work directly with state farm
Old 04-07-10, 10:26 AM
cowsgomoo
Pole Position

I met Nick and took a look at his shop a few weeks ago. Real nice and clean shop. Real nice guy. I think they've been in business for like the past 30 years.

Also, I'd recommend you search for the club member Gytis and message him. If you're looking to do this without insurance he could do a side job for a fair price. He shaved my rear fenders for me (and many others) and does quality work.

If you're looking to do a claim with state farm, I will forwarn you because I just did this process a few weeks ago. I got hit on my front bumper. Call your agent office, find out what body shops accept state farm. Visit the shops and have a free stimate made, tour the shop and verify its reputable (certifications, cleanliness of shop). Find out what the cost is in relation to your deductible and you may even be able to get the shop to pay half the deductible for you to gain your bid.

Last edited by cowsgomoo; 04-07-10 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-07-10, 12:01 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Boyce Body Works in Batavia or Naperville. They are also the only ceritifed Lexus Body shop that I am aware of.

This is the only shop I will take my cars to if anything happens.

Hope your okay!
Old 04-07-10, 04:00 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
Boyce Body Works in Batavia or Naperville. They are also the only ceritifed Lexus Body shop that I am aware of.

This is the only shop I will take my cars to if anything happens.

Hope your okay!
What he say's They did a great job on our RX.
Old 04-08-10, 08:01 AM
nat4103
Driver

Cool Thanks for all your help.

Good morning everyone;
I just want to say thank you for all your help. My deductible is $250.00, I think the damage is more than that so I will be taking it to a shop. I also sent a message to Gytis about his body shop & have not heard from him yet. So I will be doing this fast. I hate to c my car like this. Thank you again.
Old 04-08-10, 09:34 AM
ronf119
Driver School Candidate

where are you located. maybe that could help pinpoint a shop that's not too far from home
Old 04-08-10, 09:59 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nat4103
Good morning everyone;
I hope all is well? Sorry to bother you guys, but I was wondering if anyone has a body shop that I can bring my Lexus IS 350, please? I got hit yesterday by a Yukon as I was driving home with my kids in the back. It is not bad, he got the back fender & bumper. It was a swipe, but the other driver did not have insurance or a license. He gave me this fake I.D. that got me more pissed off. So as we were talking the cops passed by & I told them what was going on & they did all the paper work & they arrested the other driver & took his truck. I felt bad, but I know I will have to pay out of my pocket to get my car fixed. I have full coverage but it still stinks that I got hit. PEOPLE NEED TO PAY ATTENTION!!!! So if anyone knows of a good body shop that does good work & will give me Lexus parts for my repairs & that works with State Farm Insurance. I thank you very much for all your help also!!!
It is always the drivers without insurance or a license that seems to cause accidents oddly enough. I would pursue some recourse with this and it may take a while, but they will pay. You may not even have to retain a lawyer.
Old 04-08-10, 10:32 AM
nat4103
Driver

I live in Elmwood Park.
Old 04-08-10, 05:41 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Gytis is not on here much anymore. I assumed this was pretty bad. I would wait for Gytis to reply to see what he can do. I will call him tomorrow and let him know you sent a message.
Old 04-08-10, 09:44 PM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick & Ernies' is a great shop. They did my old 2006 Gs (Glacier Frost) and has been the only shop I ever gone to in the past. They have always done amazing paint blend/match on every job. I would def check out Mike's reccomendation.
If they weren't 110% great he wouln't mention them. What color is your IS? I also live in Elmwood Pk. Always see a Matador Red near my condo.
Old 04-09-10, 07:19 AM
nat4103
Driver

Cool

I live on sunset drive. I own a black IS 350 which I keep in the garage. Thanks guys for all your feedback. I will keep you updated on the surgery, lol. It is not a bad accident, it's just that you buy a nice car like we all have & try to take care of it & someone hits it. It stinks & they don't have insurance or any form of ID, is what really STINKS!!!!!! Guys take care & hope to meet some of yous soon.
Old 04-09-10, 08:47 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I just left Gytis a message for you.
Old 04-09-10, 09:23 AM
nat4103
Driver

Cool

Thanks. I also pm earlier, & I still haven't heard from him. I am going to check the shops that everyone has given me so I can get it fixed soon. I hate my car looking the way it does.

Quick Reply: Got hit by a truck & need a body shop please.