Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Great Service: Woodfield Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-10 | 09:48 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

Thumbs up Great Service: Woodfield Lexus

Well, I decided to give Woodfield a shot on my 2006 Lexus IS350. I have dealt with them in the past and they have been great. They installed my F-Sport suspension way back in the day, but I was hesitant to take my car in with aftermarket mods. After not having good experiences at McGrath, I figured I would give them a shot.

Wow. Another level of service. They have someone greet you immediately. Most Lexus dealerships, you have to wait around like schmuck until someone notices that you are not being helped. At Woodfield they had someone and they already knew who I was (based on the license plate). I dealt with Paul to get the valve spring recall done, the engine rattle TSIB done, and my ML subwoofer replaced (I'm on my third one). As some of you know, to get the engine rattle TSIB and subwoofer replaced you need to be very descriptive (sometimes need to do a tech ride-along to point things out). I was lazy and just told him there was an engine rattle at startup and my subwoofer was ratttling. He said everything will probably be done the next day. Got me in a loaner and I was off in less than 10 minutes spent in the dealership Got a call the next day and he said everything was done. I figured they didn't do the TSIB or sub, but he said they did both! Sure enough everything was fixed. No problems with the car. I will be going to them from now on. I regret not making this choice earlier!
Old 11-14-10 | 08:14 PM
nat4103
Driver

Cool

That is great, I was going to give them a shot also. I am due for an oil change this month & the one in Chicago is crazy. I might just take a drive out there & take a chance also. After my valve job I started hearing some rattle at start up also or I don't know if it's just me, lol? So I am thinking of taking it in for that also. If it's not one thing it's another.
Old 11-16-10 | 06:11 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Ditto on the great service. Their service is so good I take my wife's Prius there for service! They always have guys waiting to collect your keys and if you call and make an appointment your service advisor will always be ready. I use Tonya but they are all good.
Old 11-16-10 | 09:22 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

sorry things didnt go better for you Vik Glad you found a place that your happy with

are you still looking at other cars?
Old 11-23-10 | 09:55 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

I got my valve springs recall notice the other day so I was thinking about taking my car in to get it done. I have not done the gas pedal recall yet and I don't think I want to (I don't want the brake override). Vik, did you get yours done? If not, does the dealership try to pressure you into getting it done?
Old 11-24-10 | 04:26 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

curious as to what problems mcgrath gave you about mods, when i brought my car in for a check engine light i had an intake and they did not say a word about it, also had springs and staggered wheels on my AWD

my intake was fsport, but was not installed by the dealer but they didnt give me a problem about it, tell us your story
Old 11-25-10 | 07:27 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

The story has previously been told:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/chi...h-chicago.html
Old 11-25-10 | 08:01 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

That's not common from McGrath but all dealers make mistakes. I have not been to any dealer that is perfect.

I called Woodfield when I had my IS350 and never got a call back I heard good things at a few meets and was going to give them a try. I wont have anything to do with them after that. This is when James was still with them.

Good thing is we all get to choose were we go
Old 11-27-10 | 07:26 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

I have only good things to say about Woodfield Lexus. They did the fuel rail recall on my 250 a few years back. Also did a full inspection and replaced a brake caliper that was suspect. I didn't even ask about it.... Plus they have a good coffee machine too.......!!!!

Had the floormats / Brake override done there as well. Again, no problems.

They never gave me any problems about the headers etc... But all Lexus dealers are high priced compared to a Toyota dealers. I do all of my own service work except for a few things. The Toyota dealer is way closer to my home so they get first dibbs.
Old 11-29-10 | 01:43 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Originally Posted by oblivionis
The story has previously been told:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/chi...h-chicago.html
i asked what trouble mcgrath gave about his mods
Old 12-07-10 | 04:07 PM
Mokey
Rookie

from the story i read, i didnt know you can bring your own oil! what oil do you guys bring in? i kept getting my oil changed by the dealer thinking they put in the original, but i"m guessing they just put cheap stuff in?
Old 12-07-10 | 06:36 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

I always bring my oil to Woodfield Lexus. Mobil 1 synthetic. I let them sell me the filter.
Old 12-09-10 | 10:00 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
I always bring my oil to Woodfield Lexus. Mobil 1 synthetic. I let them sell me the filter.
Yeah, I brought in Mobil 1 synthetic too.
Old 12-10-10 | 07:05 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Im cheap I change it myself. I think any dealer will change with your own oil even if your not driving a Lexus. In the winter months I would have one of the techs lift the car for me and use my own supplies and "borrow" their lift.
Old 12-27-10 | 12:26 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

I just called Woodfield Lexus to make an appointment to have the valve spring recall done and the next available appointment for that work was the first week of February. They say that it takes 14 hrs to have that done and they can only do so many a week.

Quick Reply: Great Service: Woodfield Lexus