Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

2010 ES350 Remote Start inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-11, 05:36 PM
Derekc294
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 ES350 Remote Start inquiry

Hey guys I used the search button like I usually recommend to people with questions but I didnt see anyone having touched this subject since a year ago and hoped maybe there was some options around the Woodridge area for this install. I can buy the unit or get it all from your guy. Let me know your thoughts and recommendations. Best Buy scared me out the door with the lack of knowledge from the people I was speaking with.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-05-11, 07:10 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Derekc294
Hey guys I used the search button like I usually recommend to people with questions but I didnt see anyone having touched this subject since a year ago and hoped maybe there was some options around the Woodridge area for this install. I can buy the unit or get it all from your guy. Let me know your thoughts and recommendations. Best Buy scared me out the door with the lack of knowledge from the people I was speaking with.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Maybe check out Abt in Glenview - haven't been there in a while but they used to have a pretty impressive mobile audio department. I remember they had a Porsche Cayenne turbo sitting on their showroom some years back all tricked out with some nice stuff.

This is a place I prefer to give my business to - they've been around for 75 yrs and I highly recommend them for anything they sell. They've always done right by me.

Regardless of where you go - at least make sure you get a lifetime warranty on the work. This way if something flakes out it won't be a huge hassle.
Old 12-05-11, 07:10 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yea say NO to best buy...sorry not a place I would trust with this kind of install. Stereo stuff on a different car sure.

This is what you need, just make sure this one is specific for your make. Nothing has changed that I am aware of with the push start and I can confirm it works as I had it in my GS430 with push start and it worked great. As for the remote start that is all preference and you have many to chose from. Mine I think was called AutoStart or something like that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fortin-KEY-O...178117#vi-desc
Old 12-05-11, 07:53 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
yea say NO to best buy...sorry not a place I would trust with this kind of install. Stereo stuff on a different car sure.

This is what you need, just make sure this one is specific for your make. Nothing has changed that I am aware of with the push start and I can confirm it works as I had it in my GS430 with push start and it worked great. As for the remote start that is all preference and you have many to chose from. Mine I think was called AutoStart or something like that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fortin-KEY-O...178117#vi-desc
So does this bypass module avoid you having to give up a key? This is the main reason I've not considered a remote start system since the time I owned a vehicle without a smartkey or chip.
Old 12-05-11, 08:13 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

yes no key required!!

this is my car for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/user/passnu2?.../5/Qof_sKLdRwo
Old 12-05-11, 08:44 AM
Derekc294
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by passnu2
yes no key required!!

this is my car for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/user/passnu2?.../5/Qof_sKLdRwo
Who did yours? That's exactly what I'm looking for.

I bought all my kitchen appliances from ABT and there company seems to do good work from what I've seen
Old 12-05-11, 10:49 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Mark Sound in Schaumburg. Mark is the owner if you talk to him you can say Mike with the Red GS sent you. Good guys over there.
Old 12-05-11, 11:08 AM
Derekc294
Driver School Candidate

Schaumburg isn't that far and will be worth the ride for quality!
Old 12-05-11, 04:55 PM
stock_sc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have had work done in the past by both abt and mark sound. i can recommend both of them. they both did great work.
Old 12-05-11, 08:57 PM
Derekc294
Driver School Candidate

Mark was out today when I called so I'll try calling again tomorrow. Also talked to a friend of mines Uncle who I forgot owns a place that does installs for local dealers. I'll keep you guys posted. I just want to walk out to work to a nice warm car.
Old 12-06-11, 05:46 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Yea Im going to miss that now having a manual trans car. One perk to an automatic.
Old 12-07-11, 12:31 PM
stock_sc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought you can have autostart on manuals.
Old 12-07-11, 12:35 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Im pretty sure its illegal and a liability for the shop that installs. My car is a garage queen so it would only help me out in the summer months and not worth it. If I get another DD then Im sure I will end up with something. I may actually attempt the install myself next time.
Old 12-20-11, 06:20 PM
Derekc294
Driver School Candidate

I ended up @ Frys Electronics in Downers Grove and they did a great job! Start time is 24 minutes which will get the car toasty warm when it actually snows.. haha
Old 12-21-11, 12:07 PM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Derekc294
I ended up @ Frys Electronics in Downers Grove and they did a great job! Start time is 24 minutes which will get the car toasty warm when it actually snows.. haha
Nice!

Can you provide some details? What brand of system did you get? Did it require you to give up a key? Any sort of warranty/guarantee?

And of course, how much $$?

Quick Reply: 2010 ES350 Remote Start inquiry