Newbie 09 IS250 from Palatine

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-12, 07:46 PM
SC90
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie 09 IS250 from Palatine

Hi all,

I just took delivery of a CPO 2009 IS 250 AWD, Matador Red,Black Interior with Premium, Navigation package from Arlington Lexus of Palatine. I actually live in Columbus, Ohio..... Long story short, I traveled over 7 hours come out to Chicago to make the purchase on the car since it was one of the very few 09 red with black interior that is under 30k miles certified. Negotiated the deal over the phone, text and email for the IS.

When I went to the dealer over the weekend, it started turning in a nightmare. The shuttle driver did not know how to get out of downtown Chicago from where I was and got lost on the highway making a 40 min trip to the dealer into a 90min trip. When i got to the dealer, met with the sales person. He treated me as a get in and get out customer. As I inspected the exterior of the car, noticed that the front bumper underneath has parking curb rash underneath and was told by email their was not. The rear bumper has a spider web crack in the middle. And the pass rear panel along the wheel side was scraped against another object. I ask the salesperson can you fix this since this is a Lexus certified car? He said no since it is a used car, that is how it is and if you don't like it, go back home. I bought a one way ticket and give this answer? I was disappointed with the purchase at this point. No apology's in any way. As I did my research online and on CL, it states,

Inspection

Every detail is inspected by Lexus-trained technicians, right down to first aid kits and spare tires. A small squeak or faint odor is enough to disqualify a vehicle.

- Technicians perform a mechanical inspection and computer diagnosis of the engine
- The exterior is checked for dings, dents and scratches
- The upholstery, audio systems, power windows and locks are part of the interior inspection

Here's the link to the IS since it is still listed on this site. http://www.arlingtonlexuspalatine.co...-IL/1777973803

How would my IS past the certification?
Old 07-01-12, 08:33 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

did he realy say if u dont like it go home? sh.....t, if they would have said that to me i would have called the relations manager and told them because of your very rude salesman im not buying a car here! so see ya...

so anyway, what u end up paying for it if u dont mind saying?
Old 07-01-12, 08:34 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

i bought a cpo to later find out it does not have the oem windshield. i ask myself the same question. how can that pass as cpo?
Old 07-01-12, 08:38 PM
SC90
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by linus73
did he realy say if u dont like it go home? sh.....t, if they would have said that to me i would have called the relations manager and told them because of your very rude salesman im not buying a car here! so see ya...

so anyway, what u end up paying for it if u dont mind saying?
Before tax and fees. About $25300. Four new brakes including rotors, new Dunlop tires, 30k service performed, and 4 wheel alignment. They PDR the car and repaired the windshield.

Overall I got a very good deal on the Lexus and bad CS from Arlington Lexus.
Old 07-01-12, 09:07 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

sounds like u got a really good deal! i paid 29,600 with 28,xxx miles, cpo. im am soo happy with it and have done lots of mods to her already.

Old 07-01-12, 09:24 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

where are my manners! welcome to the cl forum and congrats on the purchase! lots of good people here who will be more than willing to give u advice on any mods you may wish to do, or address any concerns.
Old 07-02-12, 02:47 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts

my friend bought a car from arlington, the customer service was decent, not bad at all..we had a foreign salesman (not sure which one you had), overall the service was pretty good, if they really were that rude i wouldnt have bought anything from there
Old 07-02-12, 06:09 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sounds like a typical chicagoland car dealership and they could give a ****....
Old 07-02-12, 10:59 AM
SC90
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by passnu2
sounds like a typical chicagoland car dealership and they could give a ****....
Seems like it. I worked for a Mercedes dealer for 3 years and we would never treat a customer in that way.

I have spoke to customer relation at Lexus and they're working with Arlington in resolving the issue I had. Hope I'll get my bumper and side panel fixed.
Old 07-04-12, 08:44 PM
birdmane
Driver School Candidate

I bought a car from Arlington Lexus, the salesman was great and so was the finance manger and the GM. I get a car wash every Thursday and get treated top notch. Sorry your experience wasn't the same.
Old 07-05-12, 06:46 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here, I would have been pissed off and told the dude.

Don't know why you would spend extra money and buy a CPO, when the car still has the bumper to bumper warranty? Any wreck or accident you should know already, by doing your homework (I.e. car fax, vin check). With knowing that it is clean, and the bumper to bumper is still applicable, then there isn't much risk in buying the car at all. Now guess what, you just saved yourself $$$, by "CPO-ing" it yourself.

Now you can use any issue you see as leverage or bargaining chip on day of purchase (paint crack, minor underneath damage, non-oem windshield, etc) b/c the salesman can't use excuse that's "it's a CPO" car to not bargain with you. CPO is a joke, when a car still has its manufacturer's bumper to bumper warranty. Sometimes they might tell you that a CPO will add additional years of warranty, BUT what ever "that warranty" is, it is never the all-inclusive manufacturer's bumper to bumper. CPO is just their justification to charge you more and to stand firm on any attempt from you to lower price, And in the process make you feel small, like your described experienced.

BTW, welcome to CL-Chicago.
Old 07-05-12, 09:02 AM
SC90
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Same here, I would have been pissed off and told the dude.

Don't know why you would spend extra money and buy a CPO, when the car still has the bumper to bumper warranty? Any wreck or accident you should know already, by doing your homework (I.e. car fax, vin check). With knowing that it is clean, and the bumper to bumper is still applicable, then there isn't much risk in buying the car at all. Now guess what, you just saved yourself $$$, by "CPO-ing" it yourself.

Now you can use any issue you see as leverage or bargaining chip on day of purchase (paint crack, minor underneath damage, non-oem windshield, etc) b/c the salesman can't use excuse that's "it's a CPO" car to not bargain with you. CPO is a joke, when a car still has its manufacturer's bumper to bumper warranty. Sometimes they might tell you that a CPO will add additional years of warranty, BUT what ever "that warranty" is, it is never the all-inclusive manufacturer's bumper to bumper. CPO is just their justification to charge you more and to stand firm on any attempt from you to lower price, And in the process make you feel small, like your described experienced.

BTW, welcome to CL-Chicago.
Personally, I got a good deal on the car for $25k. 28k miles with nav. 4 new tires, 4 new brakes, 30k service performed, 4 rims been refinished, and all dents been removed. The windshield is Lexus OEM.

The deal was negotiated over phone and email since I was a out of state buyer so I haggled as much as possible since i couldn't see the car until I got my one way ticket to Chicago.
Old 07-05-12, 10:05 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ Well good for you then. If you haggled and got a "great deal," then what is the point of calling out Arlington Lexus?

You haggled, they probably said no, you kept on it, and they told you to go home,.....welcome to used car buying....am I missing anything? In the end, you got a great deal = you Winning!....lol. Again, what is the point of this thread and calling out Arlington Lexus?

Also, you have got to fill us all in on how you haggled on a CPO, over the phone without seeing it in person, and got a great deal? You got some good articulating skills bro.
Old 07-05-12, 10:13 AM
SC90
Driver School Candidate

Reason why I'm calling them out is because the way how they treated me when I arrived. Bad CS.

Plus I know how the market works. I been in the new car business for a few years and was a MB rep