Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Have we all died? Roll call please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-03, 03:20 AM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Have we all died? Roll call please.

I know it's winter and were all just waiting for spring but it does not mean we cant keep this board alive.

So lets get a few updates on what new and interesting?

Anyone buying a new ride soon or am I supposed to keep this economy going all by myself?

Well hope your all surviving, as for me I'm starting a new addition on my home (800 sq ft) the wife is excited. 60 days from today I'm headed for Ireland for two weeks Can you say HARP

Later

BTW: The 16" wheels and snow tires I got from Mr. Johnson are on the GS and work great Thanks peter. Lets hope the mild weather keeps up, I think if we make it to Valentines day were over the hump.

Last edited by jimxo; 01-08-03 at 03:24 AM.
Old 01-08-03, 07:41 AM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dead here!!

finally got my car back right after x-mas, only problem is my a/c-heater controls are not working they are missing a piece that connects everything:eek: but the car is in storage for the winter so i don't really need it. until then my LS continues to get battered by chicago's beautiful weather
Old 01-08-03, 12:36 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys,
your right about it being dead in here. Even with the mild winter we're having.

My sc300 project is coming along smoothly, hope to be complete with the gte motor swap by end of March.

Other then that, the wife and I are giving some attention to our condo. Looking to sell sometime this year and get the house.

I'm looking forward to the spring and meeting you guys.
Old 01-08-03, 12:45 PM
TerryTCL
Lexus Test Driver

quikturbo,

who's doing your GTE swap?

i'm trying to find someone to do some initial work for my GS to accept the GTE engine.
Old 01-08-03, 01:07 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

TerryTCL,

I'm doing the swap myself. The motor is coming out tonight, supra wiring harness should be here soon, so I can start all of the wiring. While the motor is out of the car, I'm going to take my time and detail the engine bay. I'm fortunate with the sc and the motor being a direct drop in. However, I'm not sure on the GS if there are some modifications that need to be done.

I would call Larry over at SP, his daily driver is an NA GS. I'm sure he could give you some insight on what the project would consist of.
www.sound-performance.com
Old 01-08-03, 06:32 PM
1loudlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

All I have to say is that I am having the best new year already!!! Have met a lot of new people lol... Ask Alex or Chris... but i am not doing anything to my car right now.. To cold and i get really lazy in the winter.. Got a few little things that i will do eventully do but nothing crazy. Waiting to get a new car at the end of the year. But we are still going out downtown if anyone else is interested.. Lets hope it gets a lot warmer real soon.

Adam " lexist "
Old 01-08-03, 07:30 PM
DIrEctQL

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am not dead. I'm working on the website, I got a a girlfriend to take care of (the wife), looking for a job (that might come to and end this friday), etc etc. Just busy all around.

Tomorow, Thursday, Adam, Alex, and some other people are coming to my house to work on a car or two. If anyone is interested let me know.

This spring should be exciting especally that the website will be running and we'll be organized. I'm eyeballing a few events such as the BBQ and such. Ethan Kay (owner of clublexus.com) may visit us for one of the meets. All and all, we should have an eventful year. If you have any suggestions post them!

Chris
Old 01-08-03, 07:36 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by 1loudlex
All I have to say is that I am having the best new year already!!! Have met a lot of new people lol... Ask Alex or Chris... but i am not doing anything to my car right now.. To cold and i get really lazy in the winter.. Got a few little things that i will do eventully do but nothing crazy. Waiting to get a new car at the end of the year. But we are still going out downtown if anyone else is interested.. Lets hope it gets a lot warmer real soon.

Adam " lexist "
Haahaha! You mean you met one specific person! It's okay, you're still my hero!

Chris

PS. It's winter and it's 50 deg F outside. How much warmer do you want it to get?
Old 01-08-03, 07:43 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by quikturbo
Hey guys,
your right about it being dead in here. Even with the mild winter we're having.

My sc300 project is coming along smoothly, hope to be complete with the gte motor swap by end of March.

Other then that, the wife and I are giving some attention to our condo. Looking to sell sometime this year and get the house.

I'm looking forward to the spring and meeting you guys.
Look who is talking! You always play the game of no-show while I get to be the meet-****.

Chris, when can the Chicago Lexus Club inspect your garadge!? What happened to the "big supprise" plan of yours? You know, the one where you come to the meet with turbo SC300? Hahahah.

Chris
Old 01-09-03, 01:11 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Chris, how could I keep this secret It's just too good not to share with my fellow Chicago lexus owners! The unfortunate thing is my car stays in my mom's garage at her house in Fox Lake, so if you want to make the hike, your more than welcome one weekend to pop in.

I know, I know, I was a no show for meets at the end of last year. However, that will change this year, I promise you that.

By the way, tonight I had to cut the exhaust off, guess thats what happens with 116k on the car , got the driveshaft out, trans is lowered, motor mounts are free, as well as pretty much every connector that will remain on the frame. Check out the pic. Can you tell I'm getting a bit anxious!
Attached Thumbnails Have we all died? Roll call please.-sc3001.jpg  
Old 01-09-03, 01:51 AM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

just got the car back from bodywerks and now my seat memory wont work on top of that they took forever
Old 01-09-03, 08:01 AM
2Lexos

hey star, your battery probably went dead while it was there. try resetting your seat settings.
Old 01-09-03, 09:41 AM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you God there alive
Old 01-09-03, 11:21 AM
2Lexos

don't worry jim, we'll be around just long enough to see you turbo charge that shiny new GS of yours

after that........who knows.....maybe we'll become hippies:eek:
Old 01-09-03, 03:55 PM
MAmornIS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm here, but i'm hibernating til spring

Quick Reply: Have we all died? Roll call please.