SW Chicagoland Independant Repair Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-22, 08:15 AM
RedHawk22
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SW Chicagoland Independant Repair Shop Recommendations

Hello all,

Been a member here for awhile and have appreciated all the advice I have received assisting me in several recent repairs I have made! However, due to some medical issues, I am unable to do work myself now, Looking for thoughts and/or recommendations for Independant service shops located in the South suburbs of the Chicagoland area... I would love to find one that specializes in Toyota and Lexus, but any reputable shop will do. Looking to get some work done on my 2011 RX 350

Thanks everyone,

Ken
Old 05-21-22, 12:51 PM
MrEuRO85
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHawk22
Hello all,

Been a member here for awhile and have appreciated all the advice I have received assisting me in several recent repairs I have made! However, due to some medical issues, I am unable to do work myself now, Looking for thoughts and/or recommendations for Independant service shops located in the South suburbs of the Chicagoland area... I would love to find one that specializes in Toyota and Lexus, but any reputable shop will do. Looking to get some work done on my 2011 RX 350

Thanks everyone,

Ken
Hey Bro what suburbs are you around? Depending on what you want to get done, my Dad specializes in Toyota and Lexus l, he used to paint cars for 20 years, and he does gigs on the side or can refer you to all the good independent shops in the burbs. Send me a message I'll give you his contact info. I'm lucky, he does mostly all my work on my car lol. I have a 2015 gs 250 f sport for just a bit over a year now. He lives in the Downers Grove, Darien area. But knows shops all over the suburbs
The following users liked this post:
gored (07-19-22)
Old 05-23-22, 02:47 PM
ALargeTom
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MrEuRO85
Hey Bro what suburbs are you around? Depending on what you want to get done, my Dad specializes in Toyota and Lexus l, he used to paint cars for 20 years, and he does gigs on the side or can refer you to all the good independent shops in the burbs. Send me a message I'll give you his contact info. I'm lucky, he does mostly all my work on my car lol. I have a 2015 gs 250 f sport for just a bit over a year now. He lives in the Downers Grove, Darien area. But knows shops all over the suburbs
Hi, may I ask if you know some good exhaust / muffler shops in suburbans. Schaumburg / Naperville / Aurora / Wheaton or any places around these areas
Thanks!
Old 05-24-22, 06:15 AM
MrEuRO85
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Honestly... I've got no clue lol. Been years since I last did a exhaust or anything like that. But just search on google, depending what you want, most places can do it, just look for smaller shops they tend to have better prices and usually better reviews, but it varies. I think I'm going to put an intake, then get a full exhaust system, just don't know what I want yet.
Old 09-27-22, 07:30 PM
Anton88
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the care care nut on YouTube has opened his shop look up TCCN Automotive, he's a Toyota and Lexus master tech. I took my new (tome) GX to his shop for a pre-purchase inspection, awesome mechanic and a decent person as well. Honest dude who loves cars.

Last edited by Anton88; 09-27-22 at 07:39 PM.