Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

KDSS Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-22, 03:38 PM
Anton88
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KDSS Service

Looks like I’m going to have get my kdss serviced for my GX460. Has anyone here had to get their kdss serviced? Any recommendations? Any independent shops that have the special tool to do the kdss pressurization?
Old 03-07-23, 08:52 PM
GreenOwl
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you ever find a place?
Old 03-08-23, 06:27 AM
Anton88
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenOwl
Did you ever find a place?

not yet, I had gone to Ahmed over at Tccn automotive (excellent mechanic btw wholeheartedly recommend if you looking for one) but unfortunately he doesn’t have the SST (special service tool) to verify that the system is pressurized properly, apparently it’s like 800 psi or something. I also emailed Travis at yotaworks and he didn’t outright answer if he had the SST so I’m assuming he doesn’t. It looks like I’m going to have to take it into the dealer which I haven’t yet, I’ve kind of just been living with the noise that I am assuming is coming from the KDSS cylinder, Ahmed also believes that it’s coming from the KDSS cylinder as he did a pretty thorough check putting on the lift several times and driving it around several times.

during some thorough noise checks, I’m also starting to believe that it has to be something sway bar related, which leads me to believe that it is, in fact, KDSD cylinder, or at least that the KDSS system needs to be re-pressurized, everything connected to the flex bar is torqued properly and I already had Ahmed replace the bushings so everything theoretically should be good. The reason why I am thinking that it has to be sway bar related is that I have a luxury model, and when I put the suspension in sport mode, the noise is less, and when I put the suspension in comfort mode, I can definitely hear the noise more, since the suspension in comfort mode allows more travel. I am assuming that the travel is also extending to the swaybar, which in turn, is causing the KDSS cylinder to move a bit more causing more noise. Now the only question is which dealer to take it to? Anyone here know personally know someone who they know is good?
Old 03-08-23, 11:39 AM
GreenOwl
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL - looks like we are travelling in the same circles. I reached out to Travis first who didn't have the SST and then to TCCN who has it but theirs is broken. It's unfortunate that the only place that can service this in the Chicago metro is a dealership. Would much rather give my business to a local shop.