Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ooooo so excited for my new shoes on my ride
Old 11-13-10, 01:24 AM
ohmarvin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96817isf
ooooo so excited for my new shoes on my ride
ooo when is this happening? i like see... im super excited.
Old 11-13-10, 08:40 AM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

its the rims sam was talkin to us at the wet n wild show.. gott the blue ones looks sikkkk should be on in about 2 weeks when im done workin all this overtime...ill come show it at the sat sb meeet up and then imma be in the show in december..maybe with clh if u guys have a sectin or just in my friends booth he goin get...im excited too:P
Old 11-14-10, 06:40 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

does ne know if u need recon for a carbon fiber hood casue apparently u do cause i got a ticket for it last night...damn cop thought my car was droped and actually measured my front licence plate...wut a duch he never even know wut kinda car it was....left the model section blank
Old 11-14-10, 10:15 PM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

does ne know if u need recon for a carbon fiber hood casue apparently u do cause i got a ticket for it last night...damn cop thought my car was droped and actually measured my front licence plate...wut a duch he never even know wut kinda car it was....left the model section blank
No recon is needed for a CF hood. What is the HRS code he put on the ticket? As far as I know it's not a recon item. Where did you get pulled over? Is that the only ticket you got or is there other stuff listed? lmk
Old 11-15-10, 02:44 PM
808is3
Pole Position

so one of my tires went flat... had several bubbles in the back. come to find out the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec is exclusive to tirerack only! and warranty doesn't cover road hazard (and no option for road hazard coverage for customers in Hawaii) so i had to get another one... and since i didn't want mismatched tires i went and got another one for $221.

so in the end i guess i won't be shopping at tirerack.com anymore. sorry Brandon. if you guys could offer road hazard coverage for hawaii as well that would help. this will be the last time i order from tirerack.com.

so for the time being i got the spare on the rear, only problem is the spare is directional and its going the wrong way. hopefully it won't rain that hard before i get the replacement tire. and i can get rid of this ghetto look i got going on.
Old 11-15-10, 05:34 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What the hell? that is BULL!

recon # 733-2542

the recon fee is $15, exact change! no credit cards

M-F by APPOINTMENT ONLY

alignment --you need an alignment printout, dated within 30 days of recon appt. and must be within manufacturers' specs.

yes, they will test your tint (BE LEGAL 35% +/- 6% )
tint on windshield--illegal
SUVs, trucks, vans, can have as dark tint as they want rearward of the driver's and passenger's front side windows, as long as it is NOT opaque

affidavits for rims and exhaust no longer required

recon required for rim sized 1-1/2" over stock.

body kits are not a recon item
spoilers are not a recon item
no recon required for EXHAUST ONLY

the decal plates for safety check stickers and recon stickers are illegal if mounted on or attached to the license plate

no clear-corner lenses, blue lights, or license plate covers allowed

latest:

update: as of June 9th, 2008, wheels over/undersized over 1.5", NO LONGER A RECON ITEM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
while this is outdated, this is the only online document available regarding recon:

http://www.state.hi.us/dot/highways/...024%201986.pdf

there have been many many changes since this was printed so it is best to call 733-2542 during business hours if you have questions. or post questions here.

Source http://www.hawaiitalks.net/hawaii-re...tion-here.html
Old 11-15-10, 08:17 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

well i also got busted for crossing a double solid line and he said i was speeding even though there was no cars that could of been keeping up with me on those turns.. got pulled over parked at sandys..
Old 11-15-10, 08:20 PM
isusu8o8
Driver

Originally Posted by 808is3
so one of my tires went flat... had several bubbles in the back. come to find out the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec is exclusive to tirerack only! and warranty doesn't cover road hazard (and no option for road hazard coverage for customers in Hawaii) so i had to get another one... and since i didn't want mismatched tires i went and got another one for $221.

so in the end i guess i won't be shopping at tirerack.com anymore. sorry Brandon. if you guys could offer road hazard coverage for hawaii as well that would help. this will be the last time i order from tirerack.com.

so for the time being i got the spare on the rear, only problem is the spare is directional and its going the wrong way. hopefully it won't rain that hard before i get the replacement tire. and i can get rid of this ghetto look i got going on.
do you work in waikele? cause i see the same color lexus you have parked in waikele.
Old 11-15-10, 09:09 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well i also got busted for crossing a double solid line and he said i was speeding even though there was no cars that could of been keeping up with me on those turns.. got pulled over parked at sandys..
umm... the only time to RUN that road is at night... how'd he see you cross the lines? OR... were you crossing the lines IN THE DAY???
Old 11-16-10, 02:20 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

^^lol, looks like someone went to japan by crossing those lines
Old 11-16-10, 08:58 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

this was at like 1 in the morning and no one was around
Old 11-19-10, 06:44 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

new rims goin be installed on wed damn it i cant wait
Old 11-23-10, 03:22 PM
Ehjay
Lexus Test Driver

fck, first my hood prop clip broke, so katsu had to remove my hoodprop. now my AC is blowing on hot even when i put it on cold. the fock is wrong with my car! >_<
Old 11-23-10, 03:57 PM
FMLis300
Lead Lap

Haha, sounds like your car is starting to show signs of how old it is.

The other week some guy unknowingly started to shoot his airsoft gun at my car from a few feet away. Not much damage done. My car doesn't like me cuz I'm always driving off road. Last Saturday I was getting out of someone's driveway and my transmission underpanel snagged on a bump. I drove from Waianae to Makakilo with the panel dragging on the ground.

Quick Reply: CL Hawaii chat room