CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

CL Hawaii chat room

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08, 01:10 AM
St.204
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weesped
haha i want to do these sonny. imma try bring someone to drive my car for me and do some out the window. but errrr hummm, judd and mardy, r u guys still up for the 2IS lip GB. coming up tomorrow, who wants to work out the pricing?
why dont you just buy the "gripper" i might be getting one myself
Old 08-26-08, 07:06 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well now its my turn for my headlites to start blinking *drivers side* started when we were rolling out of show... if i turn it off then on it stays on for about 2min cuz theres no way i'll drive my car at night all the way to mililani SB with something that screams 'pull me over'... HOPEFULLY i get them by saturday, if not i'll just have to take the van again...

chee this has been an expensive month... new waterheater/property tax/new rear bumper cover *40bucks out of my pocket till geico reimbursts me/show and now headlights... worse part is the month isn't over yet and theres still gas/food/whatever else pops up for the cruise this sunday... i hope this clears alot of my karma...
Old 08-27-08, 12:45 AM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

^^ karmas a *****
Old 08-28-08, 12:14 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xhiftdis
anyone interested in buying a brand new in box full tom's lip kit for a IS250
omg.............. if i didnt have to pay a freaking 1200 on property tax last wk.......
Old 08-28-08, 10:56 AM
jt808
Driver

Default Hi!

I've been "lurking" for a little while and must say that it seems that Lexus owners have more pride in ownership than it's German counterparts. Being a current member of the BMW CCA and Hawaii chapter, it's refreshing to see the semi-regular fellowship that goes on.

I've had the difficult task of trying to decide over the E90 M3 and IS F. Although the M3 is the superior track car, I decided on the Lexus because of the probable long term reliability and ease of daily driving. Perhaps I can get some of you guys to chime in and help me decide between Ultrasonic Blue or Mercury Metallic?

Mahalo,
JT
Old 08-28-08, 11:05 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Great choice JT and welcome aboard! I think the hardest part of choosing is the color as well. The blue will stand out, the silver wont, as much. But then again, its an IS-F, so either way it'll stand out somehow. Call me partial, but I would lean towards the Mercury Metalllic. Easy to maintain and (from a detailer's standpoint) with the right prep work and wax, can stand out as well.

Cody (aloha08isf) has the blue IS-F and to my knowledge, there are no members here with the silver. Mardy (ISBU) has a silver IS. Maybe they can chime in with their thoughts.

Hope to hear more from you once you "join the family".

Originally Posted by jt808
I've been "lurking" for a little while and must say that it seems that Lexus owners have more pride in ownership than it's German counterparts. Being a current member of the BMW CCA and Hawaii chapter, it's refreshing to see the semi-regular fellowship that goes on.

I've had the difficult task of trying to decide over the E90 M3 and IS F. Although the M3 is the superior track car, I decided on the Lexus because of the probable long term reliability and ease of daily driving. Perhaps I can get some of you guys to chime in and help me decide between Ultrasonic Blue or Mercury Metallic?

Mahalo,
JT
Old 08-28-08, 11:31 AM
beangrower
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MEANDAFAKA

yeah, j spec headlights
rooks mean. is that color black and gray? ....the color of ur car.
Old 08-28-08, 12:15 PM
St.204
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CLHawaii
Great choice JT and welcome aboard! I think the hardest part of choosing is the color as well. The blue will stand out, the silver wont, as much. But then again, its an IS-F, so either way it'll stand out somehow. Call me partial, but I would lean towards the Mercury Metalllic. Easy to maintain and (from a detailer's standpoint) with the right prep work and wax, can stand out as well.

Cody (aloha08isf) has the blue IS-F and to my knowledge, there are no members here with the silver. Mardy (ISBU) has a silver IS. Maybe they can chime in with their thoughts.

Hope to hear more from you once you "join the family".
welcome as well......

hey todd i seen a black is-f on nimitz the other day what other colors to they come in???
Old 08-28-08, 12:39 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by St.204
welcome as well......

hey todd i seen a black is-f on nimitz the other day what other colors to they come in???
Obsidian, SGM, Starfire Pearl, Matador Red, Ultrasonic Blue, Mercury Metallic

I said Mercury Metallic cuz JT asked to help him decide between that and Ultrasonic Blue.

Originally Posted by jt808
Perhaps I can get some of you guys to chime in and help me decide between Ultrasonic Blue or Mercury Metallic?

Mahalo,
JT
Old 08-28-08, 05:58 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

I think the is-f is a great car, probally the perfect blend of power, daily drive ability and of course reliability

As for color... well thats a personal choice and is very 'subjective', of all the ppl that we know that own the is-f my fav so far is chikkens because his is Starfire Pearl *cough* my car also being SP has nothing to do with it, really~
Old 08-28-08, 10:55 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

starfire pearl FTW!!!!
Old 08-28-08, 11:43 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

^ x2

SP077
Old 08-29-08, 01:54 AM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

the starfire is nice as hell...but the ultra blue makes it look more faster or speedier lol idontknow
Old 08-29-08, 09:09 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

IMO it would be such an upset if Florida beats Hawaii tomorrow
Old 08-29-08, 10:51 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

LoL!!! Anyone will be at RA tomorrow to watch?! I'll probably drop by tomorrow to see what else I can get on my car.

Quick Reply: CL Hawaii chat room