CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

CL Hawaii chat room

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-08, 03:45 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

USE OF DEADLY FORCE IN HAWAII
Deadly force is justifiable only in self-defense or in defense of other innocents where one reasonably believes death,
serious bodily injury, kidnapping, rape, or forcible sodomy may otherwise result. Use of deadly force for protection of
private property can result in criminal charges. Using deadly force is not justifiable if it can be safely avoided by retreating
or adopting other defensive strategies, except it is not required in Hawaii, unlike New Jersey, that you retreat from your
home. You cannot justify the use of deadly force defensively if you initiated its use. Police officers are instructed to make
an arrest in ANY homicide. The prosecutor then decides whether to bring charges.
Old 11-02-08, 05:55 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HIDs are illegal on any vehicle that doesnt come with it from the factory, retrofitted or not. regardless, no lifted trucks should have HIDs installed imo because most of them shine straight into my rear view mirror! if I really hated someone I'd report them to my cop friends too. or if they caused me to get into an accident, Id beat their *** for having blinding HIDs.
Old 11-02-08, 05:58 PM
LXIGRL
Lead Lap

Just got in from doing the JUDD thing..... Seems like I'm cleaning my car more than him these days.....
Old 11-02-08, 07:21 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VIP07lexIS
HIDs are illegal on any vehicle that doesnt come with it from the factory, retrofitted or not. regardless, no lifted trucks should have HIDs installed imo because most of them shine straight into my rear view mirror! if I really hated someone I'd report them to my cop friends too. or if they caused me to get into an accident, Id beat their *** for having blinding HIDs.
g, you're always complaining... go kill a kitten or do something? nah, i adjusted the headlights on my truck to shine on my car bumper... if your car is lower than mine, sucks to be you!
Old 11-02-08, 07:23 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

real street racers dont even have a windshield rearview mirror, you dont need to look at where you've been after all *cough* i only have one so i can hang my fusa... yea
Old 11-02-08, 09:26 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

^^ good excuse haha
Old 11-02-08, 10:49 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Blazer only has its stock headlights, and they've been burning since I bought the thing in '99 so they're not exactly fresh bulbs...but, I do notice quite a few drivers in front of me putting their hands/arms in front of their side mirrors quite a bit.

Also, quite a few cars/trucks out there with aftermarket headlights do seem to be distractingly bright on the road. I can't believe how bright some of those kits get...
Old 11-02-08, 11:52 PM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Here's a pic of a 09 M3 sedan that one of our Audi guys just picked up and traded in his S4. Here's one for you Joey.

Old 11-02-08, 11:59 PM
LXIGRL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusnb
Here's a pic of a 09 M3 sedan that one of our Audi guys just picked up and traded in his S4. Here's one for you Joey.

I can't remember if this was one of them that JOEY looked at......
Old 11-03-08, 12:14 AM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Joey wants a white one... not starfire pearl though.
Old 11-03-08, 12:17 AM
LXIGRL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISBU
Joey wants a white one... not starfire pearl though.
I do remember that he looked at a BLUE one that was near the showroom entrance.....
Old 11-03-08, 01:29 AM
LXIGRL
Lead Lap

Default November 4th.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX40RsSLwF4
Old 11-03-08, 08:31 AM
jt808
Driver

Originally Posted by LEXi_GiRL
I can't remember if this was one of them that JOEY looked at......

I'm pretty sure that this Interlagos Blue specimen in question is an '08 due to the non face lifted tail lights. Yes, that is the one I was looking at. I wasn't enough of a sucker to pay what BMW of Honolulu offered. If I did get one, it would be shipped in from the mainland. Thank God they don't make anything that remotely resembles SFP!

On a similar note, I'm beginning to think that the F is a better looking car!

Last edited by jt808; 11-03-08 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-03-08, 09:54 AM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jt808
I'm pretty sure that this Interlagos Blue specimen in question is an '08 due to the non face lifted tail lights. Yes, that is the one I was looking at. I wasn't enough of a sucker to pay what BMW of Honolulu offered. If I did get one, it would be shipped in from the mainland. Thank God they don't make anything that remotely resembles SFP!

On a similar note, I'm beginning to think that the F is a better looking car!
Is it a 08 I thought it was a 09 since he had to wait 4 months for it. I'll ask and let you know though.
Old 11-03-08, 10:04 AM
jt808
Driver

Is it a 08 I thought it was a 09 since he had to wait 4 months for it. I'll ask and let you know though.
If you could see the rear of the car a little better, I'd be able to tell for sure. If he ordered this car I'm assuming he paid MSRP. In this economy that is just absurd!

Quick Reply: CL Hawaii chat room