CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

CL Hawaii chat room

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-09, 06:36 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Annalyz
judd, you seem a little an@al... are your bed sheets ironed and tucked in? i wash my car and clean my house once a week, but... everyday is pretty nuts!

oh, can someone tell me what to look for when buying a tv? i'm looking for a 40"... that's big enough for a townhouse living room, huh? help!
ROFL... my bedroom looks like tornado went thru it, only clear space is the bed to sleep on, cant even open the door all the way

as for a tv... dont get fooled by the name Sony Bravia, Samsung makes the screens for Sony so to save a few bucks, get a Samsung. ALSO... make sure it has a contrast ratio of 5000:1 and/or higher and is 1080dpi for the best HD. DONT listen to the salesman if they try to sell you Monster cables cuz you'll be paying alot for nothing. You can get decent cables from radio shack for 3/4's the cost of Monster brand.
Old 01-17-09, 07:08 PM
viplex_gs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by 4U2eNv_8o8
Seems like the rumors may be true.

Well......I'll probably detail later on tonight after work. I probably do the lazy QUICK detail since I get off from work around 6pm and need to do some errands before I head home to clean the car a little.

As for tv's.........it would really depend on what you will be looking for. Got a ps3(or any other gaming consoles), blu-ray player, and/or hd cable box? Usually flat screen lcd/plasma screens are the "in" thing now. HDMI inputs are always a plus to have since things look a lot clearer on the screen especially with blu-rays and games. As for brands, Samsung, Vizio, LG, and I guess Sony's are ok. But the 1st 3 are my picks. Don't fall for Sony's HDNA stuff. I've seen it before and it looks pretty funny IMO.

Again, it just really depends what your looking to do with the tv.
true, there are other brands that may suit your needs...just make sure ya check da specs, like resolutions,pixels,etc. dunno much about that blu-ray but seems to get more,more popular...but if only for watch blu-ray dvds or playing games, maybe no'need imo in answering leis' question lol
Old 01-17-09, 08:54 PM
KatsuSauce
Pole Position

There's nothing in the news about Shirokiya.
I really hope it's just a rumor, the food upstairs is always a favorite.
Sony Bravia, FTW!!! Buy 'um from Shirokiya!
Old 01-18-09, 12:29 AM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KatsuSauce
x2 food from shirokiya pwns
Old 01-18-09, 11:51 AM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4U2eNv_8o8
As for tv's.........it would really depend on what you will be looking for. Got a ps3(or any other gaming consoles), blu-ray player, and/or hd cable box? Usually flat screen lcd/plasma screens are the "in" thing now. HDMI inputs are always a plus to have since things look a lot clearer on the screen especially with blu-rays and games. As for brands, Samsung, Vizio, LG, and I guess Sony's are ok. But the 1st 3 are my picks. Don't fall for Sony's HDNA stuff. I've seen it before and it looks pretty funny IMO.

Again, it just really depends what your looking to do with the tv.
my cousin works for sony, so... that's the reason why i sorta kinda buy sony electronics! umm, i watch tv or the tv watches me for 30 minutes - 3 hours a day... if and when i'm on the island! umm, i do have a wii and xbox... a dvd/cd disk changer and stereo thingy too! as for hdtv... i'm planning to up-grade my cable box when i get my tv! whatelse? hmm...

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
ROFL... my bedroom looks like tornado went thru it, only clear space is the bed to sleep on, cant even open the door all the way
the women don't go pass your car, huh?

as for a tv... dont get fooled by the name Sony Bravia, Samsung makes the screens for Sony so to save a few bucks, get a Samsung. ALSO... make sure it has a contrast ratio of 5000:1 and/or higher and is 1080dpi for the best HD. DONT listen to the salesman if they try to sell you Monster cables cuz you'll be paying alot for nothing. You can get decent cables from radio shack for 3/4's the cost of Monster brand.
ok, i noted contrast ratio of 5000:1 or higher and 1080dpi for the best hd in my blackberry... oh, no need to buy monster cables! go to radio shack... wakatta!

Originally Posted by viplex_gs
true, there are other brands that may suit your needs...just make sure ya check da specs, like resolutions,pixels,etc. dunno much about that blu-ray but seems to get more,more popular...but if only for watch blu-ray dvds or playing games, maybe no'need imo in answering leis' question lol

i'm planning to check out shirokiya... being that, they're closing out!

i'll miss the cigar cookies at shirokiya and that's it... the food always makes me sick!
Old 01-18-09, 12:05 PM
KatsuSauce
Pole Position

BTW, the NFC & AFC Chamionship games are today......

GO PHILLY!!!
Old 01-18-09, 02:24 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

BTW, the NFC & AFC Chamionship games are today......

GO PHILLY!!!
hehe watching the cards own right now in HD , course after the game i'll disconnect the HD... not enough HD channels (no kgmb is a big FAIL ) and reg tv doesnt seem to want to go widescreen when watching on the HD cables if only the oceanic box had a HDMI cable

course once this game is over i'll head for lagoon dr and check out the speedbumps at the park there... for those who dont know, might have an event on the 25th there will post up later this evening with more info.
Old 01-18-09, 02:31 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehe watching the cards own right now in HD , course after the game i'll disconnect the HD... not enough HD channels (no kgmb is a big FAIL ) and reg tv doesnt seem to want to go widescreen when watching on the HD cables if only the oceanic box had a HDMI cable
I have boxes with the HDMI cable. Maybe you can just go down and switch boxes.
A "plus" with HD for me is HDNET. I love watching Inside MMA and HDNET fights. Art Mann Presents is pretty wild too!
Old 01-18-09, 04:47 PM
KatsuSauce
Pole Position

Oh well, Philly isn't going to the Superbowl again.
Time to go play a little Mario Kart till the AFC Championship game starts.....

CL Hawaii chat room-random-002.jpg
Old 01-18-09, 04:49 PM
KatsuSauce
Pole Position

my daughters *bling-bling* Mario Kart wheel.....

CL Hawaii chat room-random-004.jpg

lol
Old 01-18-09, 05:38 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

my cable box has hdmi output also. i had to ask for it though.
Old 01-18-09, 07:54 PM
webhed
Pole Position

So Mardy, how do you like your Spyder so far? Waiting for you to put together an MR-S meet.
Old 01-18-09, 07:56 PM
webhed
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIP_ES300
x2 food from shirokiya pwns
Food @ Shirokiya's is good but kinda pricey IMO. I guess you gotta pay premium for the JDM grindz.
Old 01-18-09, 07:57 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

ohh... ok, guess i'll call oceanic sometimes this wk... one bad thing thou~ my tv doesnt have a sound out so i have use 2 rca splitters on my cable box so i can get the sound for the HD and dvd/vcr/dvd (divx capable)... stupid kenwood a/v component is broken, using the tv spkrs is so ghetto

AND~ my car clears the keehi lagoon park speedbumps going straight at them
Old 01-18-09, 08:42 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

my daughters *bling-bling* Mario Kart wheel.....

Attachment 137110

lol
HOLY COW KATSU!!! THATS NEAT!
too bad i use gc controller hehe
just unlocked dry bowser and mirror cup during winter break
whats your character/kart combo?

Quick Reply: CL Hawaii chat room