CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Thx fellow CLH members, Oahu was great!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-08, 11:39 PM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thx fellow CLH members, Oahu was great!

Just want to thank you all for your suggestions and tips on things to do on Oahu. My fiancee and I had a great time. The islands were beautiful, the weather good to us, the food off the chain, and the locals were real cool and hospitable.

Places we visited. Hale'iwa. Sunset Beach. Banzai Pipeline. Turtle Bay. Hanauma Bay. Kailua and Lanikai beach x2 days (loved the windward side). Pali Lookout. Paradise Cove Luau (recommend, great time). Dole Plantation (always thought pineapples came from the ground). Aloha swap meet (great for souvenir shopping). Waikiki (nightlife). Moana Surfrider (great chillin under the Banyan tree at night with the soon to be wifey and having a few drinks).

Like I said food was off the chain! Tried anything and everything and gained 10 pounds. Ono's. Helena's (Squid luau and Pipikaula, onolicious!). Alan Wong's on King. Sansei. Zippy's. Giovanni's shrimp truck. Leonard's malasadas. Shaved Ice at Matsumoto. Waiola's. Shimazu. whew!

As for Lexus spotting. Only saw a total of 2 modded Lexi' during our stay. 1 black 1st gen IS300 with gunmetal or black rims dropped and heading toward the Leeward side during afternoon traffic. The other car was a LS VIP style with airrunner at Ala Moana. Where you guys at??

Anyways, can't wait to visit the islands again!
Old 11-20-08, 11:45 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, it seems like you hit a lot of the local eating places. Good for you. I'm quite surprised you liked a lot of the local flavor grinds. I'm glad you had fun. It's surprising you only say a couple of fixed up Lexus. There are many of them around and I usually see a couple a day.
Old 11-20-08, 11:52 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Sounds like you guys had fun. Were you able to see the big waves on the north shore? You had a good mix of tourist and local favorites!
Old 11-21-08, 12:28 AM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Wow, it seems like you hit a lot of the local eating places. Good for you. I'm quite surprised you liked a lot of the local flavor grinds.
We have our share of lunch plate type cuisine in San Diego (Da Kine's, Yokoz, Ono's sushi) So we were familiar with the food. It helps to be inspired by watching episodes of Anthony Bourdain visiting areas and trying foods.
Old 11-21-08, 12:34 AM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tod071
Were you able to see the big waves on the north shore?
The day we arrived Wed 11/12 the bell boy at the hotel told us the waves were huge. Saturday we hit the North Shore and saw the waves. Crazy how many surfers were out there in those conditions.
Old 11-21-08, 12:54 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

come again next time.
Old 11-21-08, 08:39 AM
viplex_gs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

glad ya enjoyed ur stay, next time maybe can gather up da gang for a quick cruise wit ya...
Old 11-21-08, 10:09 AM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Originally Posted by viplex_gs
glad ya enjoyed ur stay, next time maybe can gather up da gang for a quick cruise wit ya...
maybe next time I can ship my car 6 weeks in advance of the trip so we can meet up and roll. lol.
Old 11-21-08, 11:55 AM
Cuttooth
Lead Lap

wow...u hit up alot of local spots, great job!
and props to u for liking squid luau...most tourists wouldnt even attempt to eat that let alone, like it...damn, even i dont like eating that
Old 11-21-08, 01:58 PM
beangrower
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS2Fizzle
maybe next time I can ship my car 6 weeks in advance of the trip so we can meet up and roll. lol.
wow...that's ballin outta control. do it!!