CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Back in the day...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-08, 01:13 AM
seangworld
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eggs and things was just on kalakaua a couple years ago.
Old 11-29-08, 01:22 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by is-eF
I remember going to Waialae Drive-in and having to past the grave yard to get in...talk about enhancing the movies! Then there was King Theater, Queen Theater, Princess Theater, Kapahulu Theater, Royal Theater...oh and Kaneohe Theater..LOL there were rats in Kaneohe theater you could see them run across the bottom of the screen. I remember seeing Gold Finger and Hercules meets the 3 Stooges there.
I was just talking about Waialae Drive-in with my wife and the faceless obake! Speaking of theaters, there was one in the Kam Shopping Center that used to show filipino movies. I forget the name of it...
Old 11-29-08, 01:48 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone remember Toyo Theater? I remember watching all the Kamen Riders, Rainbow Man, Zaboga, etc... there. Oh, and rumors that rats ran across ur foot while watching there....thus, we kept our feets up on the seats during the entire showing...LOL!!!
Old 11-29-08, 04:56 AM
tOyBOy808
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by teamplayer
Pioneer Chicken...strips and chips...Waialae Bowl. FTW!!!

Primo Beer, Olympia Beer (my uncle drank those after woking the cane fields), Taco Tube chips, 50 cent friend noodles and manaupa from the truck after school (yes, with the pork hash and suicide mixed drink taking a break from playing dodge ball or sham battle), Voltron (black lion!), Thundercats... Ho!, Silver Hawks, Robotech ("to be in love, must be the sweetest feeling that a girl can feel..."), Star Blazers ("you're standind in the barrel of the Wave Motion Gun"), Ultraman, Battle Fever J ("Battle Kenya!"), Shakey's Pizza (begining of Kaimuki where City Mill is), Showbiz Pizza, Under-Roo's (sp?), MacGyver, Electric Company (watched it for Spider-Man!), Kangaroo shoes (with the zipper pockets on the side) (loved them, hid quarters in mine), Members Only jackets (I had one!), Painters hats (... and also "Jobbers" twin tail caps), Z-Cavaricci pants (had a mustard yellow and black long sleeve bought from Oaktree; also the "Used" brand too!), Job Lot (store smelled funky to me), Gems (bought my first Nintendo system there), JC Pennys, Orsons, Blue Hawaii Surf reasurant, Taco Time...crispy burrito and mexi fries...and the list goes on... (yes it does... *sigh!)
Added my memories above, thanks teamplayer... keep'em comin'

Last edited by tOyBOy808; 11-29-08 at 05:01 AM.
Old 11-29-08, 11:05 AM
eastsidtsx
Rookie

shakey's pizza in kaimuki where city mill is now, marina theater, sunset drive in, hawaiian brians when it was where ross's on keeaumoku is, burmy's shirts, stubbies, cords, angel flights pants, famolare's, oasis nightclub, i forget the name of the club that use to be across the street from cilly's
Old 11-29-08, 11:18 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

I pity the fool!
Old 11-29-08, 11:22 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
Anyone remember Toyo Theater? I remember watching all the Kamen Riders, Rainbow Man, Zaboga, etc... there. Oh, and rumors that rats ran across ur foot while watching there....thus, we kept our feets up on the seats during the entire showing...LOL!!!
*sigh*... toyo theaters... those were the days, hahah who knows we coulda been there at the same time cuz i saw all those movies there too

Anyone remember when Star Wars first came out? the line at Cinerama went around the building, as soon as you got out of the movie you'd walk the line and find a friend so you can cut and watch it again. I seen it 3 times one day like that for a total of 14 Of course by the 2nd time you paid you were out of money *cept for the bus ride home* so for the 3rd time you'd tell your friend to get in and open the exit door to sneak in
Old 11-29-08, 11:28 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Anyone remember when Star Wars first came out? the line at Cinerama went around the building, as soon as you got out of the movie you'd walk the line and find a friend so you can cut and watch it again. I seen it 3 times one day like that for a total of 14 Of course by the 2nd time you paid you were out of money *cept for the bus ride home* so for the 3rd time you'd tell your friend to get in and open the exit door to sneak in
I was there with my cousins and stood in the line that went up Punahou St.
Old 11-29-08, 01:53 PM
is-eF
Driver

I remember the Waikiki Theaters and seeing the Exorcist there like 6 times.
The first time was a little scary, then each time after that it got funny.

However, what did spook me was the old Waikiki Wax Museum.
Oh, and let's not leave out the Kodak Hula Show...my older sister danced Hula there, then we would go to the Natatorium and swim in the salt water pool. I would always wonder if there were sharks in there.
I remember getting Duke Kahanamoku's autograph as he came walking out of GEMS on Ward were Sports Authority is now...
WOW...What memories this thread has brought!
Old 11-29-08, 02:08 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

LOL i remember when Jaws came out... parents took me to waikiki theater 3 to see it, i had nightmares for wks and wouldnt go in our pool for 3months...

also... as was going home from the 87 Gotcha Pro, Bucky Lake in his trans am and a mustang blew past us going up makapu'u hill... never forget that sight as i past the wreakage infront of sea life park... a left foot from the trans am passenger side was sticking out facing downward... dont remember the carnage from the van since that image of the foot was burned into my memory...

Lets not forget Lisa Au and Diane Suzuki...
Old 11-29-08, 02:17 PM
seangworld
Lead Lap

studabakers where oceans is.
is oceans still there? lol
Old 11-29-08, 03:49 PM
eastsidtsx
Rookie

I remember seeing nightmare on elm st at kapiolani theater...and the club across from cilly's was masquerades
Old 11-29-08, 04:48 PM
seangworld
Lead Lap

remember 'classic cat' ? lol
Old 11-29-08, 05:05 PM
is-eF
Driver

Originally Posted by seangworld
remember 'classic cat' ? lol
I remember Felix the Cat and reading the Cat in the Hat, but no classic cat...before my time I think.
Old 11-29-08, 05:41 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Iron Man, Thor, Spider Man, The Hulk were cartoons on tv but they were all drawings, like showing a comic book. Fearless Fly, Chicken Man were great cartoons.

AND...

I still have my original Star Wars cards with the red border AND a huge Raiden in the closet with the interchangeable arms

Quick Reply: Back in the day...