CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

****in *******!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-08, 06:52 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch. Sorry hear about that. I think it's worth a while to try resolving this with rubbing compounds to see if the scratches will come off before paying your deductible. Scratch X worked wonders for me but I'm sure there are a few of us that can recommend good detailing/surface repair products on here..
Old 12-02-08, 07:19 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but best of luck to you and your 1is sean
Old 12-02-08, 07:21 PM
seangworld
Lead Lap

ya. i cant wait to show off my new scratches this weekend for t4t. is anyone on here able to try and buff it out this week? it's frickin embarrassing. i'll pay.
Old 12-02-08, 08:10 PM
rs/ss
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was no mistake.

If it can be buffed out CL Hawaii aka Todd can do it if he has time. See Todds work in the detailing section of this forum.
Old 12-02-08, 08:34 PM
seangworld
Lead Lap

well, he claims he never walked on that side of my car, but what can i do. i dont have proof that he did it or didnt do it.

and ya, i gotta check out his prices and services again. instead of paying 500 bucks (my deductible) i might as well give it to him to do the full car and i can look like that sweet black IS he did the other day.

the only thing is, that's my only car. maybe i can sit around and wait/watch and learn.
Old 12-02-08, 08:58 PM
bukbuk
Rookie

sux

if you dont mind, i'd suggest.....if youre low budget / DIY kind of guy, you could rent a buffer setup from pakshak for like $20, and buy a small bottle SIP for like $15 and do it yourself. just ask ranney if he thinks the scratches can be removed and what to use. he'll hook you up.

if it happened to me i'd try some swirl removing polish with an orange pad, then hit it with menzerna super intensive polish with an orange or yellow pad, top with wolfgang souverain wax by hand.

if youre less hands on, then pay a good detailer like previously mentioned etc etc

just my 2 cents.... hope it helps
Old 12-02-08, 09:00 PM
bukbuk
Rookie

btw spoke to brutha jeff today, i never been eurosport for a couple years, was good to see him. they get choke vip style stuff in there. mean.
Old 12-02-08, 09:02 PM
seangworld
Lead Lap

ya i know jeff from way back...since 96.
Old 12-02-08, 09:11 PM
seangworld
Lead Lap

im lookin thru tod's pics for scratches before and after but not seeing any. that mercedes was a HUGE difference overall. i think he said earlier that he's busy doing the HIN thing for now, but im anxious to see what he says when he looks at my pics.
Old 12-02-08, 10:33 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bukbuk
sux

if you dont mind, i'd suggest.....if youre low budget / DIY kind of guy, you could rent a buffer setup from pakshak for like $20, and buy a small bottle SIP for like $15 and do it yourself. just ask ranney if he thinks the scratches can be removed and what to use. he'll hook you up.

if it happened to me i'd try some swirl removing polish with an orange pad, then hit it with menzerna super intensive polish with an orange or yellow pad, top with wolfgang souverain wax by hand.

if youre less hands on, then pay a good detailer like previously mentioned etc etc

just my 2 cents.... hope it helps
OR, you can visit Hawaii Truck Concepts, mention Club Lexus and get the exact same things for cheaper prices and better hours of operation. I can meet you there or at Revision and take a look at it and sell you the products you will need.

Fortunately, I sell all the products I use, and have used every single product. Take a look at my website, www.detailemporium.com or just stop by Hawaii Truck Concepts.

Support the certified vendors of Club Lexus
Old 12-02-08, 10:38 PM
seangworld
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CLHawaii
OR, you can visit Hawaii Truck Concepts, mention Club Lexus and get the exact same things for cheaper prices and better hours of operation. I can meet you there or at Revision and take a look at it and sell you the products you will need.

Fortunately, I sell all the products I use, and have used every single product. Take a look at my website, www.detailemporium.com or just stop by Hawaii Truck Concepts.

Support the certified vendors of Club Lexus
actually ive been to your site a lot this evening and im not really a hands on person. i'd like to come to your shop and meet with you and see if it's fixable by your services. are you working out of the hawaii truck whatever up on ukee street or is there another location? im in town. i could possibly at least just meet and show you tomorrow afternoon?
Old 12-02-08, 10:42 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by seangworld
actually ive been to your site a lot this evening and im not really a hands on person. i'd like to come to your shop and meet with you and see if it's fixable by your services. are you working out of the hawaii truck whatever up on ukee street or is there another location? im in town. i could possibly at least just meet and show you tomorrow afternoon?
I'll be at Revision Audio about 4:30 or so, tomorrow. I'll be finishing up the HIN cars so you can take a look at my work there. PM me if you need the address or my phone #.
Old 12-02-08, 10:44 PM
91terence
Driver School Candidate

damn dude i feel your pain. first time i drove my car to school someone keyed my gas tank cover. im still trying to find out who did it and it happened nearly 2 months ago. best of luck on getting it fixed.
Old 12-02-08, 10:47 PM
seangworld
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CLHawaii
I'll be at Revision Audio about 4:30 or so, tomorrow. I'll be finishing up the HIN cars so you can take a look at my work there. PM me if you need the address or my phone #.
ya im going to need revisions addy and might as well get your number in case im lost. not all of us have navi in our cars *looks at colleen* lol
Old 12-02-08, 10:48 PM
seangworld
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 91terence
damn dude i feel your pain. first time i drove my car to school someone keyed my gas tank cover. im still trying to find out who did it and it happened nearly 2 months ago. best of luck on getting it fixed.
knowing who did it isnt going to fix my car. at least it's JUST your gas tank cover.

Quick Reply: ****in *******!