VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ lol haha sean, dont worry im still clean. george knows that...:P
Old 12-20-08, 01:54 AM
seangworld
Lead Lap

noise pollution, as in loud music, which was bs.
i was with the station at that time, and hadnt been to zanzabar before so i was looking for it and before i turned the corner, i had turned down my music and was planning on asking someone for help and saw cops down the road. i turned and pulled up next to a cop whom was standing in the middle of the street and i said excuse me sir, can you tell me which building is the wakiki whatever the hell? he leans into my passenger side window, which was rolled down. he looks at my stereo. then tells me to pull up to the side of the street. so i did. i figure he's going to help me, just wants me out of the middle of the road.

what does he do? writes me a ticket for noise pollution. i was like WTF. if my music was too loud, then how is it that i could hear him tell me to pull over? the law states that you have a certain amount of db from a certain distance. i dont see any db measuring instruments in his hand. i was WELL within the distance limit as he was LEANING INSIDE MY CAR.

Old 12-20-08, 01:57 AM
eastsidtsx
Rookie

i got a ticket for that once. I dont remember them saying db level. The judge told me as long as it was audible from 30ft away
Old 12-20-08, 09:16 AM
St.204
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VIP_ES300
so on thursday, 12/18
i got a citation for being at a park past closing time...which i never knew there was one...
the cop that issued me the ticket/citation said it wasnt a ticket, its just a citation, so on my yellow paper, it says i have to appear to court on the 5th of january. and i dont see any fine or anything that i have to pay for.
my only question is, what do i do with this yellow paper? cuz i got a blue envelope with it...?

*this is my frist ticket/citation w.e...so i have no idea what to do
thanks in advance!
first of all Congrats now your like 3 away from me
if there is no amount on the yellow paper then you dont have to pay.

if there's signs where you was or where you parked then your screwed, but if there isnt then i guess take a pic of the area you was at and tell them at court i didnt see any signs for the closing time.

but then i guess you got pwned from the cop
Old 12-20-08, 11:18 AM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

^^ hahaha dayumm
well i see no monetary amount on the paper, so i just might take it with me before my court appearance. now i just need to find somebody who will take me there haha
Old 12-20-08, 11:48 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eastsidtsx
i got a ticket for that once. I dont remember them saying db level. The judge told me as long as it was audible from 30ft away
Yup, that's the law. ROH 41-31.1
Originally Posted by Revised Ordinances of Honolulu
Sec. 41-31.1 Prohibited noise.
(a) It is unlawful for any person or persons to play, use, operate or permit to be played, used or operated, any radio, tape recorder, cassette player or other machine or device for reproducing sound, if it is located in or on any of the following:
(1) Any public property, including any public street, highway, building, sidewalk, park or thoroughfare; or
(2) Any motor vehicle on a public street, highway or public space;
and if the sound generated is audible at a distance of 30 feet from the device producing the sound.
(b) Possession by a person or persons of any of the machines or devices enumerated in subsection (a) shall be prima facie evidence that that person operates, or those persons operate, the machine or device.
(Added by Ord. 90-26)

Sec. 41-31.2 Enforcement.
(a) Powers of Arrest or Citation. Any authorized police officer shall issue a citation for any violation under this article, except they may arrest for instances when:
(1) The alleged violator refuses to provide the officer with such person's name and address and any proof thereof as may be reasonably available to the alleged violator.
(2) When the alleged violator refuses to cease such person's illegal activity after being issued a citation.
(b) Citation.
(1) There shall be provided for use by authorized police officers, a form of citation for use in citing violators of this article which does not mandate physical arrest of such violators. The form and content of such citation shall be as adopted or prescribed by the administrative judge of the district court and shall be printed on a form commensurate with the form of other citations used in modern methods of arrest, so designed to include all necessary information to make the same valid within the laws and regulations of the State of Hawaii and the City and County of Honolulu.
(2) In every case when a citation is issued, a copy of the same shall be given to the violator.
(3) Every citation shall be consecutively numbered and each carbon copy shall bear the name of its respective original.
(Added by Ord. 90-26)

Sec. 41-31.3 Violation--Penalty.
Any person convicted of a violation of the provisions of this article shall be punished by a fine of $100.00 for the first offense, $500.00 for the second offense within six months of the first offense, and $1,000.00, or forfeiture of the sound system or components of the sound system up to $1,000.00 in value, or a combination of forfeiture and fine to total $1,000.00 for conviction of the third offense within one year of the first offense. (Added by Ord. 90-26)
Old 12-20-08, 12:45 PM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh, i think all public parks close at 10 pm, its on those retarded blue regtangular signs. I got the same offense like 5 yrs back. I think for this offense, they are dumb and make you show up at court. I got off with trespassing and just had to pay my court fees of about $20-30(ithink), but my friend got some misdemeanor because he was drinking.

the worst part of all of that is you have to show up at the beginning of the court session to sign in. but your case is considered criminal, so you get to sit through like 4-6 hrs of traffic cases before they even start the criminal cases.
Old 12-20-08, 01:16 PM
seangworld
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by moo_juice
oh, i think all public parks close at 10 pm, its on those retarded blue regtangular signs. I got the same offense like 5 yrs back. I think for this offense, they are dumb and make you show up at court. I got off with trespassing and just had to pay my court fees of about $20-30(ithink), but my friend got some misdemeanor because he was drinking.

the worst part of all of that is you have to show up at the beginning of the court session to sign in. but your case is considered criminal, so you get to sit through like 4-6 hrs of traffic cases before they even start the criminal cases.
damn. lol we just got warnings. 1x in ala moana beach park and 1x at kailua beach park. :P
Old 12-24-08, 12:33 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

welll i just called the district court of honolulu...and they said that because theres no fine written on my citation, its mandatory that i go to court