Old 12-20-08 | 05:53 PM
bngmhse
Driver School Candidate

I would be very interested on my SC430!
Old 12-20-08 | 06:14 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
I wouldn't take them even if they were free. I had a set on my wife's car. I hated them. It takes a long time for them to warm up in the morning before they feel right. On the highway I always felt unsure of my footing. They were sort of quiet until past 15K miles but they are very hard. Once they are hot the grip is not too bad but in the rain, that grip disappears.
I sold the wheels to a neighbor and he took the tires. I told him not to put them on his car but he did to save some money. I saw him last week and the rubber is seperating off the tires. In shreads. That's something old radials used to do.
You couldn't give me a set of the Invo.

Are you talking about these specific tires or a different Nitto tire? I remember I once had Nitto NT450 and it sucked big time. One of the worse tires I ever had. However, the NT555 were pretty good.

If you are talking about these tires that is pretty sad as aren't these supposed to be a brand new design?
Old 12-20-08 | 06:55 PM
808e90
Driver

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Are you talking about these specific tires or a different Nitto tire? I remember I once had Nitto NT450 and it sucked big time. One of the worse tires I ever had. However, the NT555 were pretty good.

If you are talking about these tires that is pretty sad as aren't these supposed to be a brand new design?
+1 on the NT450
I'm running on NT555 and I like them ... They're my second set!

I will be moving on to the NT05 really soon ... I got a really good friend that has them on his M3 and he loves them!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189025
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191518
Old 12-20-08 | 07:06 PM
acuraboy
Driver

hi pete. did you get my PM the other day about neal's youzealand SS kit? i PM'd you back super late after i got your voicemail. anyway, i would be interested in repping for Nitto, after i quit XK, i am not presently sponsored by a tire company and i have been using Nitto on my cars since i was 15 yrs old (integra). kindly send me any and all info when you have time. thanks in advance bro. vr, mikey (808-688-8388)
Old 12-20-08 | 08:42 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Hey guys & gals.

Original post was what I know so far. Here's a bit more details.

I was offered to test the Nittos out....but since my car rarely sees asphalt...it didn't make any sense that I test and provide feedback.

In any case, I have asked the rep if I could pass the offer to another member of CLH. I am awaiting a response..probably by Monday or so.

As to how many testers are needed and how much to ship the tires to Hawaii, I have no idea. I will ask.

The rep did ask me for pics of my car...so my best guess...your car needs to be modded and daily driven to provide feedback. The rep will then present your application/pics to Nitto for review and approval. My other guess is that they may want to use your ride for future commercials and/or vid clips on their official site.

Thats all I know so far. Again...CLH peeps has priority. Who are officially CLH ppl? I have no idea....your guess is as good as mines. I'll let others figure that out.

If you feel you meet the above...PM me pics or a link of your pics...i will forward them to the rep.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 12-21-08 at 03:15 AM.
Old 12-20-08 | 08:44 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by 808e90
I will be moving on to the NT05 really soon ... I got a really good friend that has them on his M3 and he loves them!
Is this your M buddy? I guess he is a tester as well.

Screen shot from Nitto site.

Last edited by PHML; 12-20-08 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-21-08 | 11:38 AM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

if i don't have to pay dismount, mount and/or balance the tires on my rims... i'd be willing to test out the tires on my car!

as for commercials and video clips... my car is good from far and far from good!
Old 12-21-08 | 02:41 PM
breakb
Lead Lap

aw man so basically...our car has to be nice?...ugh. then not me i guess. oxidation on spoiler and rear bumper, a dent in my rear and only get two rims on my back...it's my drift machine...ugggh. ah wells. but i'll be up for it if they like just any ol car...i'll go drift more, if they like! haha.

Peace out
Old 12-21-08 | 06:38 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Everytime I tell someone I hate the Invo they ask if I am sure this is the one. Yes, I meant the Nitto Invo.
I was just discussing my experience with another member who sells tires and he says what he hears is 50-50....half love them and the other half hates them. I have to admit I'm picky but when companies make promises I hold them to it. They advertise the tire is comfy and quiet. It's not comfy and only more quiet than the other cheaper level tires. With some miles on it it's darn right loud. I hated the old NT555 I tried but they didn't make any promises on that model so I never said bad things about it. The Invo came with some bold statements that I don't feel are deserved so I dogg it every chance I get.
Old 12-21-08 | 06:44 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

so it is no good??? i had 555 before 225/35/19 not stretch i can't say they are the awesome. i was hoping this new tire is good.
Old 12-21-08 | 11:10 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
Everytime I tell someone I hate the Invo they ask if I am sure this is the one. Yes, I meant the Nitto Invo.
I was just discussing my experience with another member who sells tires and he says what he hears is 50-50....half love them and the other half hates them. I have to admit I'm picky but when companies make promises I hold them to it. They advertise the tire is comfy and quiet. It's not comfy and only more quiet than the other cheaper level tires. With some miles on it it's darn right loud. I hated the old NT555 I tried but they didn't make any promises on that model so I never said bad things about it. The Invo came with some bold statements that I don't feel are deserved so I dogg it every chance I get.
I see. The reason why I asked is because I thought these tires were "Coming Soon in February 2009". How did you get a set of these tires? Just by looking at the website an tire tread design I can see how they could be noisier than other tires and also I do get the impression it is a pretty stiff sidewall tire. Looks like it supposed to be a longer lasting street version of the drag radial. Anyway, I haven't really had a Nitto tire nearly 10 years now. I've been using Pirelli, and Dunlop mostly.

PS. I just read again. I was talking about the new NT05 that is supposed to come out. I just noticed the trial was for either the Invo or NT05 tire. That is where my confusion came from.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 12-21-08 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-22-08 | 09:02 AM
viplex_gs
Lead Lap

Cool

i'm game as long as can fit either rx300 or my gs430...yah, just lemme know da shipping cost. does that mean nitto gonna be our sponsor for upcoming carshows???
Old 12-22-08 | 09:38 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

I see. The reason why I asked is because I thought these tires were "Coming Soon in February 2009". How did you get a set of these tires? Just by looking at the website an tire tread design I can see how they could be noisier than other tires and also I do get the impression it is a pretty stiff sidewall tire. Looks like it supposed to be a longer lasting street version of the drag radial. Anyway, I haven't really had a Nitto tire nearly 10 years now. I've been using Pirelli, and Dunlop mostly.

PS. I just read again. I was talking about the new NT05 that is supposed to come out. I just noticed the trial was for either the Invo or NT05 tire. That is where my confusion came from.
That's cool.
Two other things about the Invo.
They run pretty tall. I bought a 245-40-19 and it looks like it could be a 245-45 in actual diameter. Pics of them on other cars confirms the tallness so be careful when ordering sizes.
The other thing, and it's a positive, the tread pattern is really cool looking.
Old 12-22-08 | 05:51 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

FYI....msg emailed to me today...

Pete

Hello Pete,

I will have to check with Nitto in regards to shipping costs to Hawaii. Unfortunately they are pretty much out of the office until after New Years.

You mentioned there is another member of your club that might be interested in doing the review? Is he also a mod ? If not does he have a high post count AND is a repected member? What does he have done to his car? Just things I would need to know before considering him. Also, if you could send me pictures of his/her car that would be great.

Talk to you soon.

Thanks,
Old 12-22-08 | 06:11 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.
CL Folding 500000

Id be interested I just happened to see this thread on the main page, haha.

Quick Reply: Who wants a FREE set of Nittos?