Old 12-29-08 | 05:22 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Default any reputable body shops?

an !D!0T reversed in to my car!
Old 12-29-08 | 05:41 PM
808e90
Driver

I take my car to JL Autobody Werkes … Joel is a perfectionist and that’s the type of guy I like working on my paint.
Oh he also works insurance jobs too
Old 12-29-08 | 05:42 PM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Lei, now that sucks. My suggestions would be either ACME (I say them cause they are who Lexus uses.) on Halekawila or Tech One near Revision. I just had my car done at Tech One, if you go there ask for Ryan.
Old 12-29-08 | 05:51 PM
eastsidtsx
Rookie

I've had work done at GH autobody on king st. No complaints. Guy does excellent work
Old 12-29-08 | 06:01 PM
808is3
Pole Position

i'll second jl autobody... but top dollar prices. i've been taking my car to gx auto in mapunapuna lately, but i'm getting all kine chips on my front bumper... aside from that the paint job still looks good.

also, kuroda autobody in waipio is good... across hawaii truck concepts

oh and eastsidtsx nice meeting you today nice ride as well.
Old 12-29-08 | 06:29 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

i'm not concerned about cost... i'm worried about the body work and paint matching! what shop is good with pearl?

earlier today, garren razzed me about women not knowing how to drive... freaking a, men don't know how to drive!
Old 12-29-08 | 06:45 PM
808e90
Driver

Originally Posted by Annalyz
i'm not concerned about cost... i'm worried about the body work and paint matching! what shop is good with pearl?

earlier today, garren razzed me about women not knowing how to drive... freaking a, men don't know how to drive!
Joel is your man ... He would not stop untill he got the paint match dead on for my car. He is $$$ but well worth it. Like I said he is a perfectionist
Old 12-29-08 | 08:36 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

I second Kuroda. I've had to use them before (unfortunately ), and the paint matched perfect. Talk to Roland and tell him Marvin from Hawaii Truck Concepts sent you.
Old 12-29-08 | 10:41 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

am i too worried about the paint not matching?
Old 12-29-08 | 11:34 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Annalyz
am i too worried about the paint not matching?
No such thing. I've seen pretty bad matched bumpers...

The best color match I've seen (and I've seen alot) was Kevz1 today. He said he got his work done at GH Autobody and I could not tell which panels were painted. I knew the spoiler was painted, but the match was the closest to OEM I've ever seen.

And yes, I've heard from multiple people that pearl is hard to match good. So you should be picky about matching paint.
Old 12-29-08 | 11:48 PM
eastsidtsx
Rookie

Originally Posted by 808is3

oh and eastsidtsx nice meeting you today nice ride as well.
thanks man....nice meeting you today too
Originally Posted by tod071
No such thing. I've seen pretty bad matched bumpers...

The best color match I've seen (and I've seen alot) was Kevz1 today. He said he got his work done at GH Autobody and I could not tell which panels were painted. I knew the spoiler was painted, but the match was the closest to OEM I've ever seen.

And yes, I've heard from multiple people that pearl is hard to match good. So you should be picky about matching paint.
paint matching is hard to do. I've seen some pretty bad matches....and i will be honest, i've seen GH also miss on a paint match. Not on my car, but someone elses....but with my car, and a few other referrals i sent to him, i've seen the matches and they were perfect! Like i said, guy does good work, he even called me to pick up my spoiler but when i got there, he said, he looked at it good, and the underside didnt look good or something and re-sprayed it and wouldnt let me take it. He took the time to make sure it was right when i couldnt even tell what he was talking about.
Old 12-30-08 | 01:30 AM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

cool, thanks guys! my adjuster said, she'll call me tomorrow before noon... i want to make sure she contacted the other party and everything is ok before making any appointments, quotes, whatever, yeah!

oh, yeah... my adjuster said, she owns a starfire pearl IS?50 too! she seemed sorta kinda young and cool over the phone, so... i told her to check out clublexus! she mentioned wanting rims... hah!
Old 12-30-08 | 08:58 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

ok, i spoke with my adjuster... it seems like, the other claimant's adjuster is dragging his freaking feet!

anyways, i stopped by servco to drop off christmas gifts... better late than never, right? blah, my friend and his co-workers was saying... my door brace dented the pillar and the structure may not be solid anymore or something? so, umm... could my car be totalled? i'm getting nervous...
Old 12-31-08 | 10:28 AM
euro.r
Driver

I take my cars to Central Auto on Kam, behind Cutter Ford in Aiea. If you're worried about color matching, etc. I'd look no further. So far they've done my TSX (roof), old G35 (rear bumper) and current IS350 (rear bumper) all with impeccable work; can't tell it's been repainted.
Old 01-07-09 | 02:23 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

i just got off the phone with my adjuster... the old geezer finally admitted he was wrong! *fckr

anyways, i got my car appraised... now, i'm having my car looked at by several shops! *cheehee

Quick Reply: any reputable body shops?